1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare or Hard Dolls to Get?

Jun 25, 2016

1. @phanuel, you and me both! if there were only one of Kaito to be had, I'd defer to you, as I know you'd make some fabulous photos of him that I could sigh over ;)

I've always wanted a Souldoll Vivian; she was from the old single-joint line, along with Clara. So far I've never seen any owner pics (but I'm not good at online searches), and didn't save any company pics at the time I saw them :(

2. @beamlette You could try using the Wayback site to look for pics on Souldoll's site. I managed to find some Custom House doll photos from 2005 that way.

3. SoulDoll's Tarot card series, specifically Amon. They don't seem to have made more than a few, but I'd pay a whole bunch of money to have one. :blush

4. Quite a few of the old SoulDoll sculpts seem to be Rare Birds... I've been looking for a Celestyn for years and haven't had any luck. You just didn't see many of them even back-in-the-day. Now? I can think of ONE I've seen pictures of in the last six or seven years.

5. I guess it's smart of them though... If they made one more of the one I want I would literally pay like $2,000 for it. That's ridiculous, but that's just how much I want it!

6. I don't see very many Hyper Maniac dolls around. I would love to own a Ksy, but the last time I saw one come up for sale on the secondary market it was snatched up before I had a chance to inquire.

7. Gomidoll Iru-HS. I was lucky: A friend of mine decided to sell him and that's how I was able to get a hold of him. But like many rare heads, this one was made in small quantities, sold out long ago and was never very popular.

@idrisfynn: Yes! Three guesses who I'm still searching for. Thank you so much for the pictures! It's almost impossible to find anything from him.

@Kiyakotari : So true. Thank you again for selling yours to me :).

#27 Silk, Jun 27, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    8. The rarest/hardest to get on my personal wishlist are Kinoko Juice Kiki and Jill. I've seen Kiki go for thousand(s)+ of dollars on ebay and Jill is even rarer... but I would love it soooo much to have both of them posing on my shelf in all their cuteness.

9. Nabarro's Wally. Yep. :sorry

10. Some One-off Volks I guess. Soom Amber grey fullset from LaDoll fest. Because they are one for the world :)

11. I'm going to have to say resin enchanted dolls. Pricey + rare + now discontinued!

12. for me it was my grail doll a dreaming vamp elf El. He rarely pops up in the MP and goes for the most outrageous prices. I sold a kidney for mine...

13. I really want the 9tails from LUTS...
      Unfortunately, they do not have a reputation of re releasing limited editions,,

14. One I would LOVE to get my hands on, but probably never will, is a Souldoll Chiron, the (discontinued) Centaur head on a human body in gray skin. I saw him back when they were selling him and fell in love. He was absolutely PERFECT for one of my characters. I saw him on chance and immediately thought "THAT is the Shadow King". But I didn't have the funds, and then they discontinued the centaur and the gray skin. I have yet to find another doll who fits my character so perfectly. *sighs*

15. About half my main wishlist is of dolls that will hard to find secondhand, since they were limited or retired before I found out about them(or in the case of one, I was undecided until right after she sold out). Aileen Doll's Camellia Cyclops heads, DollPamm Arubi, Dollzone TengYuan(one of the slender stylized tinies), DIM Primrose... I guess if I want one I'll have to make a WTB thread and hope I get lucky, but given how few I've seen around (except the cyclops heads, but I doubt the people who own them would sell them since they love them so much, which I definitely understand). And the problem is I spent all my savings on my Grail who was going to be retired- If I didn't buy him, he'd be just as hard to find as these ones- and while I'm saving and waiting these dolls get all the older and rarer...

Imagine wanting two dolls and only having the money for one, but both are extremely rare and whichever you don't get will disappear... now make that... 5 or so dolls with the same dilemma. That's where I was, and it means all the more work to try to find the rest.

Ack, sorry for the sob story, guys. Seriously though, if having ONE impossible or semi-impossible to find Grail is hard... D:

#35 Cattya, Oct 18, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    16. Transcend★B would be the rare and hard-to-find doll company for me. After snagging a SMM1 head in the MP by chance, I fell in love and I wouldn't mind snagging SSGM1 and/or SSGM2 if luck comes to me (and if I have the funds for them orz). It'd also be great to know how the artist came about naming these sculpts...
      But alas I wouldn't really mind if these grails remain the unobtainable grails that they are, mostly because at 50+ dolls I really think I've reached my limit (especially when it comes to space, or the lack of it).

17. Thankfully there aren't any insanely rare dolls that I want (although a Nanuri 14 is at the top of my list right now), but I can't imagine trying to buy my Everpurple Ryun if I wanted her again. I've only seen a handful of photos from people who own them online and Everpurple has completely gone out of business. They never really took off as a doll making company and didn't sell the anthro dolls for all that long... I'm sure there are more, but I hardly even see photos of them, let alone someone selling one.

18. Some of the older Custom House molds can be extremely difficult to track down. I've been wanting a Choye since 2008 and have never managed to find one... plus it seems like molds were lost when the company went under, so even though Luts now has some CH molds, it's doubtful they have them all.

One truly impossible mold would be the Custom House "Special Prayer Choa" variant (her eyes are 2/3 open, instead of all the way open like regular Choa or 1/3 open like regular Prayer Choa). To my knowledge, they used this mold a grand total of twice, once in NS and once in WS, both for a special display celebrating the legend of Hwang Jin-I (the Special Prayer Choa was used for the Bu-Yong character). By some happy twist of fate, I managed to get *both* of them... Which is bad news for anyone else who wants one. Sorry / Not Sorry???

19. Dear god. I've got two that I think qualify. Dollshe's old girls -- any of them -- are damn well impossible to find now. I don't remember the last time I saw a Dodosha or an April Agaci up for sale, and the second round of girls -- Afghan, Afgha, and Afghana -- are just as elusive. It took me YEARS and an unbelievable friend (@Cynthia in FlintHills is made of AMAAAAZING for this) for me to get my hands on one.

The other one is Elfdoll Aden. Elfdoll boys were kind of in that middle-of-the-pack level of popularity when they were being produced, but Aden was one of the last and he wasn't terribly popular. Good luck finding one of those now.

20. Not the rarest, but I haven't had any luck with Glorydoll Lucy/Louis!
      The company shut down a few years back, and even in its running time it wasn't the most popular. There were definitely a few around, but nothing like the delf el craze!