1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ring Doll Teens

Feb 22, 2010

1. How do they compare with other dolls you own?

2. They did look odd in pics. It only looks "odd" in profile, really. Even then it's not bad, just characteristic of him.

3. I think in the company pictures of Spencer that the wig didn't help either, he looked like he had funny shaped eyes, but he still grew on me, and Lore just made me fall completely in love with him.
      -Sheleeta

4. I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and say his eyes are shaped a bit oddly in that they tilt down at the ends. The downward tilt and the shape of the eye makes eye placement tricky. If it's even a little bit off it looks very wonky, but I'm picky about such things.

5. hey, did you guys see the new pictures of jessica? http://ringdoll.com/product/RingSpecial/Jessica.html
      well unfortunately i have to say i dont like her that much... i wanted to see special dolls for halloween, but she kinda disappoints me...(those lips Xx) well the mold is pretty, but not my type!

BUT i want that chainsaw!:aheartbea

6. I'm guess this has been asked before but i can't find it anywhere ><. But what size of wig does Pan and Ashford wear? I already own Pan, and i've tried on a 9-10 and its way to big for his head. I had a few friends say it was a 8-9, but I dont have a wig that size laying around to see if thats right.

7. The 8-9 is the correct size. A 9-10 can work if you use something like a silicone wig cap. I have one on my Spencer and he can wear a Luts 9-10 wig with no problem.

8. Yes, as cyranstar says, get a silicone cap. It will hold a 9/10 on beautifully. My boy has a Luts 9/10 wig he wears from time to time and it helps hold it in place.
      -Sheleeta

9. I have a RD teen boy but no other bjd's to compare with. I would like to get an SD girl or taller MSD girl as a companion but some SD girls look HUGE in comparison to my boy's proportions. Other than an RD teen girl, what others look great in comparison with our teen boys? Anyone have experience with putting other companies heads on the RD teen girl body?

10. Souldoll double girls, Zaoll girls, Luts delf girls (not senior delf) Volks Sd10 and 13 should all look fine, and any in that general rnage

11. Here's a photo of a Zaoll body+Leekeworld Wien head and a Ringdoll Teen (with a Zaoll head I put on him temporarily).

[​IMG]

The Zaoll hybrid is wearing boots with thick soles, so she stands taller than usual, which might help her reach a better height. Though if you'd like her to be significantly shorter, then it's no problem. :)

If you'd like me to, I can show their undressed bodies together - but I need to buy a proper Ringdoll Pan head in the skin color I chose, so he's currently headless. ^^;

12. Wow...hello Wagashi!

13. I personally love the new make-up on Wagashi. It gives me a throwback of my more obvious goth days... not saying I'm not now, I've just toned down over time. :)
      -Sheleeta

14. Look, Wagashi on the boy body! Pretty cute XD I love girlish boys

http://www.ringdollbbs.com/post/t1539.htm

I like that the ringdoll heads are easily exchangeable between the two SD bodies, boy and girl. I wish companies did that more often./

15. Okay...I'm completely new on this thread and I don't know how active it is...but I have some questions. I'm ordering a Pan with the Christmas promotion (free faceup and outfit yays)...he's gonna be on layaway. I'm actaully getting the outfit for a friend of mine...so I will be needing clothes for him. Does anyone know what fits him? I understand he is very slim. I just need a comparison...something that a seamstress who had a more common doll could compare him to and size by. I believe he takes 12-14mm eyes and size 8-9 wigs...so I'm good there. But I do need clothes for him...and shoes too. I just need to know the size...since he will also be one of my first SDs and I'm not experienced with the sizing. Thank you so much.

16. Hmm... Let me see if I can help. I don't really have many dolls yet and the ones I do have aren't entirely useful for comparison!

I purchased a pair of SD length pants from Dollmore and they were "too short" for my Pan's body by several cm, so you'll definitely want to get pants that are for a taller doll or even ask Dollmore (if you order from them, anyway) if they can extend the length of pants (it wouldn't hurt, anyway. I know they'll alter the size of many of their garments to fit a Zaoll). I also had a Dollmore navy jacket that came as a freebie and that jacket was a bit short in the arms by a few cm.

The Ringdoll teen bodies are very long-limbed and slender. It's a really beautiful body and poses quite well, but can look quite gangly next to other dolls.

I have not, unfortunately, purchased many pieces of clothing that I would even bother to try on my Pan (as right now he's sitting in a box waiting for me to purchase him a Pan head in his own skin tone and the other dolls are either slightly taller and more muscular, or a Zaoll or a Dollmore Kid and not really close to his size).

I think your best bet is to either order for a larger doll (65cm), order directly from Ringdoll, do custom-work yourself, or commission someone to sew directly for a Ringdoll teen. Also - something to consider.... Blueblooddoll also has an extremely similar sized doll (as up until recently their body was virtually identical to the old Ringdoll teen body due to the company they commissioned the body from using pretty much the same body for both companies) - so the clothes they make should fit.

I hope I helped a bit. ^^;

17. Ooo thank you! I'm liking the blueblooddoll outfits! They're affordable too. I think I will probably get clothes made for him...but not many have ringdoll teens so, it will have be mostly off measurements...and that's hard. At least one seamstress I will be there with her and my pan at the time, so...
      thanks so much for the help *hugs*

18. You're welcome. :3 I'm glad I could!