1. Please check the announcement in the DOA News section. Broken links to TinyPic were noticed over the weekend, and today we confirmed they've been shutting down over the last month. Since a lot of people appear to have pictures there, be aware that Monday, 9/16/19 appears to be the last day to download your photos.
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria J Design Group

Dec 8, 2018

1. My last comment on the matter. Greenteaslug, the description you use for the differences between the two sculpts are almost identical to the words that SJ used to try to defend the "differences". As stated, however, my artist and sculptor friend took side by side photos of both heads from many angles. These differences are subjective and not there. The only true difference is that one head is slightly smaller, the inner ear shape is slightly different, a few minute lines are smoother and the inside headcap mechanism is different. That. Is. It. They are otherwise identical. Which, even if using the exact actor, they would have to have used all the same pictures and angles and the same programs to achieve and as stated, if SJ did indeed work with IH on Rex, they already knew these and made the choice to repeat these. Other doll companies with very questionable beginnings moved on to their own style later(Dollzone) and are their own thing now. But why would SJ say they would be moving more towards their own style going forward unless they knew Jude was not their style?

Finally, my primary issue other that the sculpt itself, was SJ's attitude. They were varyingly "surprised", then vaguely threatening, then agreed about the problem, then tried to justify using reasons that had nothing to do with art and make excuses and nitpick, and then ultimately said that while they acknowledged the issue, they were not going to stop selling what was basically a copy and that was that, which is insulting to their customers, IH, no matter why, and ultimately themselves if they intend to establish themselves as something different than a company trying to be another IH. How they dealt with me and the issue is as much the problem as the issue itself. Maybe they will move past it, but if they continue to sell Jude in any form, I can safely say I will never buy from them again. Dollzone doesn't sell the initial works that they sold that were copies. Neither should SJ if they really want to show their quality now that they know of a problem that they allegedly claim they were unaware of until i showed them proof.

2. It's an individual choice of who to buy from in the future. Sounds like you have made your decision if Jude continues to be sold. Thanks for the information and everyone's responses.

3. Randomly...and this may have to do with face ups more than the sculpts themselves, but I never once considered Rex to use as my character Vagabond. But as soon as Jude came along I immediately knew he'd be perfect. They look VERY different to me, definitely similar in style, and quite obviously "related", but different enough that one was perfect while the other was not quite right. But that's just me.
      (As a side note, literally every single female Iplehouse sculpt looks identical to me. They're just clones in different resin colours with different names. It's a unique aesthetic...but boring as heck. Probably why I just don't have any girls full stop. :sweat )

4. Has anyone seen the new Iplehouse EID Camilla? For me she has a little bit the Naomi-vibe. Intended or not, the sculpts of both firms are really similar. Which is no criticism, just an observation.

5. I have my Doria and Yvonne next to each other and they are very similar but it doesn't bother me. There are only so many pretty girl faces and I agree the Iple faces don't vary much especially the men.

6. I know this is in the wrong spot, but I couldn't find a SartoriaJ section in the Mini dolls. Does anyone have an idea of what size body or what body they might be showing, that the new MSD Yvonne head would fit? Just saw her and again, she is beautiful.

7. It looks to be on an Iplehouse FID body.

8. Here is the thread: SartoriaJ MSD/Mini Heads

There was mentioned that the Raccoon Doll bodies will fit. Which would be great, since they are sold separately.

9. Thanks @Ashemanu I shall head in that thread direction.

And thanks to you and @Bren for commenting on the body. I shall look into both. (I kinda figured it looked Iplehouse-ish)