1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini

Jul 18, 2019

1. She looks great. I bet with a face up she will look fantastic.

2. @Reinameron Oh she's stunning!

Still waiting on a body for my Jude, and then I'll spam you guys. I have FID girls too if y'all want to see him in photos with any of them (carina, lahela, modded miho; I made profiles for all of them if you want to see their coloring/etc).

3. I got my Yvonne a few days ago:

[​IMG]Yvonne Bounty Hunter by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

The face up is nice, but I don´t get the "Bounty Hunter" vibe from it. Her name is Viper, but she looks a bit fangless to me. So she is on her way now to my favorite face up artist to get a little make over. And after that, with a proper wig, she hopefully will look a bit more dangerous ;)

4. Jude with Carina, please? :D

5. @Ashemanu She is sweet looking, but very lovely! It looks like Jay switched over to the new moist resin for these girls, is that right?

@monkeypizzasonic Sure thing!

6. @rianne Sweet nails it - unfortunately. Well, sweet will be gone soon, I hope ;) Hm, her skintone matches the Iple NS FID body perfectly, so I think it´s still the old resin - fortunately in this case, since I bought the body specifically for her.

7. Sadly in the end my Jude has to go, but I took pictures of him with the guy that replaces his face, a FID Lawrence.

Here are some comparisons in case they help.
      First, the Jude on the Raccoon Doll boy I had intended for him at first, next to a full FID Lawrence:

[​IMG]

Comparison Lawrence and Jude heads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here together with the Raccoon Doll Henry I received with my Raccoon Body:

[​IMG]

And their headcaps. Raccoon and Iple are as expected a perfect match (or, 99% perfect), which is another reason why I went with Lawrence for the body in the end.
      The warm ivory from Sartoria is a a lot more yellow and creamy, while the other two are pink. To be honest, I wish the doll would have this warm ivory color now! I highly prefer it over the pinkish tones.

[​IMG]

On the Raccoon body the head fit nicely in proportion and fit, just the skinmatch was waaaaaay off. You could blush him to match though, just ramp up the pink, or maybe even give him a short dye bath.

I'm kinda sad I have to sell him, Jude is a really pretty head and I love the sculpting as well as resin quality. Maybe I will get a big one instead one day :wiggle

8. @Ara - Nice comparison shots! Thanks for doing them. I didn't realize how similar Jude and Lawrence were...(and I own both in the big size) :chibi

9. To add to the references, I have a peach cream Jude on the peach gold IH FID. As with all the colors, Sartoriaj is more yellow in tone. I'm going to blush my guy, so I wanted to do this before he looks perfect.

[​IMG]

10. Interesting @Ara & @rianne. Thank you for sharing them.

I hadn't realized just how closely they look. And like Luluna said, I own both.

I bought the 1st Jude in amber beige and he matched the Iple color fine. When I got the 1st Zak last year in the same color Amber beige, Zak was different. He was more olive color.

[​IMG]
      These are the big heads. I hope it's alright. If not. I'll delete.
      I definitely got to get me a Henry.

#31 Bren, Feb 7, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    11. @Bren Oh wow, that's a big difference! I painted one of the first wave of big Judes, but I didn't have any IH resin to compare him to at the same time, so thanks for this.

I think I'm going to end up repainting this guy, but here's Illya with a quick and messy look all put together finally (haven't managed to put a shirt on him, but I'm blaming IH for that).

I'll take a picture of him with my Carina too. If anyone else wants him next to a different FID girl, just let me know. ^^

[​IMG]

12. I was actually surprised at the difference myself.

WOW. You are going to repaint him? That's too bad. He's one of the best Jude I have ever seen. By far my favorite. I love him. WOW.

I love his eyes and wig, did you make them or were they bought?

#33 Bren, Feb 10, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    13. @Bren I'll definitely preserve this kind of look for him. I just keep looking at some of the details and thinking about how much better they could be haha. That said, I'm too busy to work on my own dolls at the moment, so he'll be sporting this look for a while.

The wig is a monique temp while I figure out making small wigs, and the eyes are from dollines, who is my go-to for all my fashion scale dolls. So many great eyemakers out there I feel no need to do my own as I'd rather support them. Wigs though... I've hit the point where I basically have to suffer through figuring them out to get exactly what I want. XD

14. #35 rianne, Feb 12, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    15. @rianne Ah I got you. Good to know he will be around for me to admire. Small wigs are a crap shoot. You never know what you will end up with. He looks great.

He looks good with Carina.

16. @Bren Thanks! Yeah, I haven't even tried a short wig yet. I figure once I manage a simple mid-long style for one of the girls that I'm actually satisfied with, I'll give the shorter styles a shot.

17. Got my Yvonne back after a "touch up" of her face up. Now she looks more fierce, more like her name Viper:

[​IMG]Viper Fey 02 by Ashemanu, auf Flickr

18. Definitely more fierce @Ashemanu !

Lil bit of spam for the thread. I need to do more with this boy; I've just been swamped lately.

[​IMG]