1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini

Jul 18, 2019

1. @MB Lilac - Yes, that elbow joint that allows the 'twist' is only on the pose plus body. It was the reason I also went for that body. It's a nice feature that I use most. :whee:

2. @Ashemanu The pictures of the bigger Luthien are much nicer than the smaller version, same goes for Naomi.

3. My handsome Jude, Ranulf, who came last week.
      [​IMG]

4. All the Judes look fabulous! It`s nice to see some action in this thread here.

5. I wonder did anyone order one of the other sculpts during the summer introduction sale of the 51cm guys? I haven't seen any other doll but Jude thus far in owner pictures.
      I can certainly understand why..................I have Jude coming too, I do love many of the other guys as well and have ordered Joshua in the current sale. I've loved seeing all the Jude pics though! He's certainly a handsome sculpt!!
      And one of my LeStat Jude while I'm waiting on my new Jude to arrive.
      [​IMG]Pretty Man by wizgerg3, on Flickr

6. I went for Joshua! This is just a box opening photo, but I was really impressed by the sculpting and the faceup. He makes a good evil duke, I think! Those clothes will end up on my Jude-on-an-IH-body, but for now, I think Joshua will keep them. :)
      [​IMG]

7. Thanks for sharing him @lessyface ! I have that outfit on order too! It looks awesome on him! What resin color is your guy?

8. Thank you @Kaname Kimora. I'm just thrilled with this guy.

@lessyface Your Joshua looks wonderful.

9. Patrice S, your Ranulf is amazing! His hair suits him so well!

JinCincy, your Jude is very handsome in his relaxed Christmas scene. Can't wait to see pics of your Joshua when he arrives!
      I ordered 51cm Jarrad months ago, but he's still waiting to ship unfortunately. I guess SartoriaJ are waiting for the festive season to be over before posting? I am so looking forward to his arrival though.

Lessyface, your Joshua is gorgeous! Please do you have any closeup photos or a blog to see more of this handsome guy? I'm wishing I could have afforded that amazing outfit now :doh His hair is superb for that look!

10. I made my guy a wig, although I've decided not to try trim and style it until after he gets his outfit. Then I can decide just how rugged I want him to look...
      [​IMG]

11. MB Lilac, he is absolutely gorgeous!!! <3
      Is that a crochet or hard wig cap? I made my very first wig the other day, from a Monique stretchy 6-7 wig cap and sewed on mohair wefts. Rofl is all I can say, haha! When my mini Aphrodites and Jarrad arrive they may have to wear hats... But I shall keep persevering. I even attended a 3-day doll wig making course many years ago, so I guess now I've got the first one out the way after all this time, things might get better.

The 51cm mens' wigs have to be a lot more precise though, don't they. Your Jude's wig is a great colour and texture too.

12. @Kaname Kimura - Thanks. I'm totally in love.
      @Patrice S - Thank you.
      @LilyAndRuby - Thanks. It's a hard cap wig. I've never been so nervous making one on someone with a faceup before. I sew wefting from Angora mohair locks that I've had in my stash for thirty years, and hot-glued them on, one tiny bit at a time, paying careful attention to the natural waves in the hair. I haven't done any trimming at all yet, since I want to see how he looks in his outfit first - once I make it. I do have a tutorial on my website for making a hard cap wig - Hard Wig Cap Tutorial. Unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to explain how one selects the curve of the mohair when gluing it on, but here's the basics on adding the actual mohair - Hard Cap Wig - Tutorials

13. Thank you MB Lilac, that looks like great creative fun and well worth a go! :)

14. It's not too bad once you get used to it. In fact I've changed my technique to just wrap the head with one or two really long narrow strips of the tulle, and then soak the wig cap area with the glue. It's a lot easier than dealing with all those tiny loose pieces. I just trim it afterwards into a proper wig cap.

I was wondering how my Jude would look in one of my Iple knight's outfits, and decided to go the lazy route and just do a head swap....
      [​IMG]

15. I must confess, if I were to get one of the boys it would be Jude as well lol. I really like the look of the aphrodite bodies, but I don't feel strong about the gals faces....maybe Yvonne, I like her little teeth. I even kind of like the flamenco set.