1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini

Jul 18, 2019

1. I love Yvonne's face............I'm just not sure about the girls bodies. I want to wait and see owner pictures before I jump on that train. I'm also anxious to see the elves Jay said are coming in the spring.

2. @Kaname Kimura - Thanks. he looks amazing in everything.

Since changing outfits is as easy as switching heads, I tried him in something else....
      [​IMG]

I think he will need a SartoriaJ lady friend, but can't say I like the new bodies. I hope we can get a choice in the future.

3. @MB Lilac Maybe they will make a "slimmer" SJ female body in future with less junk in the trunk. Nothing wrong with curvy, but the SJ women are curvy enough on the bottom I worry it will affect their ability to share with my Iple and RD ladies, and that's one of the main reasons I didn't spring for one in the holiday sale. I love Yvonne's sculpt and may still get one in future, but I would prefer a slightly slimmer hipped version. Jay did tell me he was planning on doing elves in the 51cm/45cm size in the spring, so maybe a new more slim body will come out with those?
      Your Jude is SO handsome!! I got word mine shipped yesterday and I'm anxiously awaiting him!!

By the way, anyone know if Jay at SJ is a man or woman?

4. @JinCIncy - LOL I've been wondering that too, but wasn't bold enough to ask.
      Congrats on your Jude arriving soon.

5. MB Lilac, Jude is a total dreamboat in that softer-palette prince's outfit! Yay for headswaps making costume changes that much easier!

Wow JinCincy that's great news about the springtime elves. I agree, a slimmer body style would suit them well. I must admit though, that I love the 45 Aphrodite bods and am looking forward to mine arriving. I like the old 18th/19th century fashions, and I'm hoping their natural shape may well eliminate the need for cumbersome panniers and bustles underneath voluminous skirts :thumbup

6. @LilyAndRuby I will look forward to seeing your girl here on the forum. I really am looking forward to seeing owner pics of the girls. And good point about the bodies being conducive to 18th/19th century fashions. I love those styles too!

7. @MB Lilac Li

He looks gorgeous. Love his look.

I too will wait to see the new body for the girls, but I do love the original body for the boys.

8. That's great news about elves! I like the look of the aphrodite body, I would want my elf with it .

9. Gah, jude is just so good!

10. My Jude, as Braveheart...
      [​IMG]

11. Stunning as always @MB Lilac
      I really like the texture your tiny wigs have. I've been using yarn but I really want to get some natural fiber for a rugged wig like that! :love

12. Thanks. I use mohair locks that I got years ago from a woman who raised Angora goats especially for doll hair. I find the fibres have a more natural look than purchased wigs, especially for my guys. I can't say I enjoy making the wigs, but I do love the look, so make the effort to do it.

13. @MB Lilac I am totally in love with that outfit, in my amateur eyes it couldn´t be any more perfect. Especially the tartan - it must be hell to get a fabric with such a tiny pattern. Simply wonderful!

14. @Kaname Kimura - Thank you. I can't stop staring at him.
      @Ashemanu - Thanks. I have a whole box full of tartan fabrics, but most were purchased for the larger dolls, so were too big scale-wise for him. Unfortunately it's impossible to buy fabrics in person these days, so I had to go with something in my stash. I ended up choosing this one, which started out as a gold and black plaid, but I had over-dyed it with blue, when I was trying to create a 'Fraser' tartan for an Outlander character. So it had the perfect grungy colour. I made his under tunic navy blue, just so there's a bit of a contrasting colour.

Here's a full length photo. He's borrowing the sword from one of my OOAK sculpted dolls (MacBeth) who has a similar costume, but with a MacBeth tartan...
      [​IMG]

15. Introducing my Jarrad 51 who arrived yesterday!

[​IMG]
      He is my first ever SartoriaJ to arrive.. or, should I say, the first I completed instalments on :XD:!!
      Now here's a thing.. I shall have 2 more small SJ girls on the way eventually (saying that calmly, but Can't Wait!) BUT I haven't ordered eyes with them, so there will be no Eye Putty with them :nosebleed

For Jarrad, being the special guy that he is, I permanently borrowed the eye putty from one of my floating head girls, as he needed good putty.

What white putty is best for these beautiful SJ dolls? I don't want too sticky or too solid, as I like to change eyes occasionally, and I certainly don't want it to ruin their resin over time. Any suggestions/recommendations please?

I have never had a BJD come without eyes before, so putty has never been an issue before. Also, when he arrived his right-eye's eyelashes were not fixed in properly, so he looked like he was winking! This didn't get any better when I started choosing eyes to put in, so I took the eyelashes out completely. They were a bit long and lush for him anyway, but I've kept them.

On the positive side - Oh my! How fabulous and classy is the SJ box and packaging! It even smells beautiful! :D

16. @LilyAndRuby He is so handsome!! Congratulations on his arrival!

17. @LilyAndRuby he is very handsome!! What resin color is he? Does he have a custom face up? It's nice to see a Jarrod in this size on the forum!

18. @LilyAndRuby Grats to his arrival! He looks real good, I like him much better than on the promo pictures