1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Flower & Junior

Apr 21, 2013

1. I like what both of you have done with your Dust heads. My guy is still blank and bodiless.

2. Aw, gypsydale, they are so sweet!
      Soil and Dust look so much alike, are they the same mold only with Soil having open eyes?

Thanks, lunar marsh. Hopefully my boy will get his own body in the next few days …

3. gypsydale - I love your boys face ups. I am still waiting to have time to do mine. Also I don't have bodies yet.

4. evie- I thought they were the same mold when I bought them but seeing them in person it seems there are other differences, like Soil seems to have a narrower face and smaller nose.

I really like their ears. They are almost elf like.

Xiaoli- Thank you! I am never completely happy with my own face ups so it's very nice to hear that someone likes them!

5. Hi! I've just received my Soil today! I'm in love with the sculpt,
      but I noticed a few things that seem off and I'd like know your opinion:
      First- while the resin looks nice the finish seems very rough-
      spec. the head cap has sharp edges and creates a slight gap at the top of the head.
      The neck is also very rough - on one side it seems as if there was a lot of resin cutout leaving another sharp edge.
      The eyelids - the edges look very rough and one corner of the eye seems chipped
      And the mouth - the inside is rough and uneven
      + there are small specks of dirt or dust embed in the resin- a lot on the headcap-
      which is not a problem - but also on his cheeks and near the chin.
      Now I need to know if anyone else had their heads arrive in this condition or if this is how all of them are.
      I understand that sc-doll is a small company (run by one person only I believe)
      but in case this is not common I guess I might have received a faulty cast:(
      I really like this sculpt though and I could fix most of these problems with sanding..
      Should I be concerned about the condition my boy arrived in? Or was it with yours too like this?

6. My Soil also has pretty thin eye wells. My Dust's mouth has a bit of a rough finish and he has a small scratch / gouge under his chin. Both boys' ears are a little rough on the inside as well. Neither is quite as rough as yours, though. Neither of my heads have specks in the resin.

I can live with a few small flaws when it is an artist cast but yours seems to have a lot. It might be worth contacting the artist to see if exchange is an option. So sorry you had to be disappointed in your new boy!

7. My Dust head is a little rough on the inside, but that is about the only little flaw I can find. The resin around the eyes is thin, but not scaringly so. I have seen other dolls with much thinner eyelids. As this is an artist head I wasn't expecting this head to be perfect, but I am very satisfied with my Dust.

And here's an up-to-date picture of Dizney. He now calls a Luts Delf body his own, it's a great match. I upgraded his face-up a little for a darker look.

[​IMG]
      Dizney by eviexm, on Flickr

8. Thanks for the quick responses! I guess I'll try contacting them and ask if a replacement would be possible. The eyelids and neck especially I'm a bit afraid to try fixing on my own..

9. Any Updates, TheGloaming? Are you getting a replacement head?

How about everyone's Soils and Dusts? Any new photos? I'd love to see more of these cool dolls …
      I took my boy out for a (dangerous) shoot the other day, I've posted some of the pics in the gallery if you're interested. :)

10. I'm still waiting on a body - decided to try the new dollstown 15 yo. I love the old one so hopefully the new one will pose as well.

11. At last - my boys have a body. They (dust and soil) have to share for a bit. Here is Niall - Soil on a dollstown 15 yo body.
      [​IMG]
      soil on new dollstown body by Xiaoli2004, on Flickr
      Pictures of dust (Irial) coming as soon as I get his wig done.

12. Xiaoli, the proportions look good! How do you like the new DT body?

13. lunar marsh - I like the body. I am getting use to the knees. I have the older dollstown body and it would stand like a rock. This one requires a bit more fiddling around. I also miss the torso joint. My heads are white and the match with the pale dollstown is very good.

14. Xiaoli, Niall is a cutie! I want to ruffle his hair …^^ Love the color of his eyes and his t-shirt. :) The body looks good! It seems, these heads are quite easy to hybridize.

15. Anyone try to go on SC-Doll's site lately? Doesn't seem to be there anymore.

16. I was looking for it too and couldn't find it.

17. Oh, that's too bad. Hopefully, they're just housekeeping or something.

18. I hope so. I really wanted some of the cat ears and the cat mask.

19. my soil on the left
      [​IMG]

and a closeup
      [​IMG]