1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ShinyDOLL Thaasa Bodies, What Fits?

Feb 26, 2012

1. We own the most poseable bjd's in the world, so now, how do we find clothes and shoes that fit?
      One of my favorite things about the ShinyDOLL Thaasa body is the fun of mixing and matching items that work on these amazing bodies! (I must admit, I'm a flea market, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Filene's Basement kind of shopper, so digging through clothes, mixing and matching, finding cool pieces to put together is something I consider fun!)

This thread is for sharing shoes and clothes that fit the ShinyDOLL Thaasa bodies.
      Please share your fashion finds for the amazing ShinyDOLL Thaasa bodies!

2. In this post, I'll put things we know work or don't work. I will add your input here as a sort of "sticky" in the thread.

Dollheart: DH is pretty inconsistent in their sizing, so it can be a toss-up, but for the most part, I have found;
      DH MSD boots fit, DH MSD shoes are either too small to fit, or the proportion looks wrong.
      DH MSD full skirts fit, blouses do not.
      DH SD 10/13 blouses and jackets are a bit long in the sleeves, and loose, but generally work!
      DH SD 10/13 skirts are very loose in the waist, unless you don't mind tightening them up in the back with a safety pin, you won't be happy with them unaltered.
      DH SD Girl shoes are hit and miss, but generally need a little tissue stuffed in the toe to fit.
      DH Peakswoods outfits are a good fit on the Thaasa III, too tight through the ribcage on the Thaasa I.

Souldoll: Most Souldoll Double Girl outfits fit the Thaasa III-s body. The Thaasa I has a larger ribcage than the III, so snug jackets or tops are too tight on the I, and fit the III snugly.

Valerie Zeitler: The VZ, Peakswoods outfits and shoes made by Dollheart are about a perfect fit on the Thaasa III. Items that zip up the back will be super tight through the ribcage on your Thaasa I, although items that button or lace up the back work fine in my experience.

Luts Delf: renee-chan: "Luts Delf tops & skirts fit great". babytarragon: "Anything made for Delf Girl is usually a perfect fit. The hip and bust proportions work out very similar. So search 'Delf' when using Etsy for clothes for your Shinydoll!".

Obitsu 60cm: babytarragon: "Azone and Obitsu clothes and shoes (for their respective 60cm dolls) usually fit well. The hips on Thaasa are a touch bigger though." Cynthia in FlintHills: "Obitsu 60cm clothes and Azone clothes for 60cm dolls usually fit well, especially blouses and dresses; jeans tend to be too tight. Obitsu60 shoes fit snugly, though they're sometimes hard to get off again.

3. What a great idea! OK, here's what I've found:
      Dollmore MSD sized shoes and boots fit great even with socks
      Volks MSD shoes fit nicely
      Ruby Red Galleria MSD shoes are just slightly too small (but fit nicely on Fragille feet w/ socks)
      Angell Studio MSD shoes are too small, have not tried the SD sized shoes
      Volks Dollfie Dream outfits for medium bust fit great, Dollfie Dream shoes fit too
      Luts Delf tops & skirts fit great
      Ajumapama tops & bottoms fit nicely
      Musedoll clothes fit great
      Dollzone clothes fit well but some outfits are a little loose in the waist
      Violet Fern dresses fit well

4. Thanks renee_chan! Aw, shoot, now I'm off to shop for some of your suggestions!

Here are a couple of photos of things that I have tried for my ShinyDOLL girls:

Souldoll Double Girl outfit, fits Thaasa I, II, III and III-s perfectly:

[​IMG]

Souldoll Double Girl outfit: pants must be tugged and eased over my girl's bottom, but once on, fit beautifully. The jacket will snap snugly on Thaasa III and III-s, but does not snap closed on the Thaasa I (shown in this photo), and I doubt I'd be able to pull the pants up over the thicker thighs of the first Thaasa III (Thaasa III-s is the most recent body style, pants will be a tug of war, but will work once on!).

[​IMG]

5. Great idea Wally :)

Azone and Obitsu clothes and shoes (for their respective 60cm dolls) usually fit well. The hips on Thaasa are a touch bigger though.

Anything made for Delf Girl is usually a perfect fit. The hip and bust proportions work out very similar. So search 'Delf' when using Etsy for clothes for your Shinydoll!

Dollmore Eve clothesare usually good. Dollmore tend to make their clothes rather baggy to fit more dolls, so look for items which are fitting their Eve models nice and snugly.

6. Besides the things already mentioned here:

As well as the clothes, Musedoll shoes fit beautifully (both Thaasa I and Thaasa II--I don't have a Thaasa III body).

Obitsu 60cm clothes and Azone clothes for 60cm dolls usually fit well, especially blouses and dresses; jeans tend to be too tight. Obitsu60 shoes fit snugly, though they're sometimes hard to get off again.

Old Customhouse clothes and shoes are also good, comparable to Luts Delf sizing.

7. Excellent to see such great input! Thanks!
      Now...you'll all be costing me some money, but in the name of research, I of course, must do what it takes...lol!

renee-chan, Thanks for a great list of options!
      My favorite pair of Volks (girl) MSD shoes are much too small, while a pair of Volks MSD boots (listed for boys) fit just fine. I just purchased a pair of Volks MSD shoes that are listed as fitting MSD boys and girls. I believe the Volks MSD shoes listed as fitting their boys might be the key to ordering Volks MSD shoes that fit. I'll let you all know how they fit when they arrive!
      From my memory, the last Violet Fern outfit I had did indeed fit well.
      I have found that the SD Ajumapama items I own are big on my girls, and the MSD items are too small. Since bjd clothing manufacturers are not always consistent with sizing, we may have to take some items on a case by case basis.

I'm going to post the Delf and 60cm Obitsu info in the 2nd post here, looks like everyone agrees those items work.
      babytarragon
      , I'm afraid I have racked up a nice shopping cart total by searching for "Delf" on etsy...found some super cute items though, I'll post them here when they arrive!

8. Atelier SODA Cosette for SD fits Thaasa I body perfectly:

[​IMG]

:)

9. Saba, that dress, and your girl, are just gorgeous! SODA makes incredible items, love their work!

10. Thanks Wally, here's another- Musedoll / Atelier Muse Le Jardin Rose 2 is a perfect fit for Thaasa I- it's tailored like it was made for this body :aheartbea

[​IMG]
      A girl & her horse by Simmo*, on Flickr

11. Oh Sabo, that is just exquisite! Your girl is stunning!

12. Bumping this thread up. I have just bought this body for a Panda Workshop head and would love to see what others have bought for her.

13. I recently swapped my old Thaasa Type I body to a different character, so now she gets an entirely different wardrobe.

Dorset hoodie, Angell Studio jeans, Volks MSD boots:
      [​IMG]

14. She looks great. I love her hoodie!

15. Due to her tiny waist Tuyen (Thaasa 1 body) can wear some clothes made for Dollfie Dream:

[​IMG]