1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Shinydoll - Thaasa

Apr 24, 2006

1. Hi,
      For any of you who has Thaasa shinydolls. Do you have one in each color? I would like to know your view on two different skin tones. I want to order an Akali, but can't decide on skin tone...pinky ivory or ivory.

Thank you for any info.

2. I have one in the ivory skin tone. It matches CP beauty white perfectly (now that CP resin is back to a nice white) and I love it. It's very pure and photographs beautifully!

3. I also have a Thaasa, Youki, in the white. She is the only doll I have with white skin tone (and, sadly, the only Thaasa I have at present). It's truly beautiful how light plays on her colouration! I've also seen Flanna's Elektra (the first version of Sayuki), who is the pinker colouring, and she is lovely as well, although I can't offer you specific comparisons with other "normal" skin tones.

Tough choice, because they are both gorgeous. Perhaps, if Akali is going to be a specific character for you, that will influence your decision?

Lisa

4. Thank you both for responding. I do like the idea of the translucent skin tone. However, I don't want too white, (don't like dead white). so, I'm wondering if pinky ivory also has that translucence. Is Ivory too white? I use to have Dream of Dolls Bee-A..would she be as white as ivory? sorry for repeated questions.

5. This is definitely not a white white ... and I wouldn't exactly say it looks translucent. It has a very solid appearance to it. I find it hard to describe the white ... it isn't exactly a grey white, nor is it exactly a creamy white (evaluating it under natural light conditions). If anything, it's kind of a subtle combination of grey/creamy white. Inside, outside of indirect natural light, it sometimes seems to have a bluish cast.

The white doesn't look chalky ... it doesn't look garish ... it doesn't look completely unnatural. Then again, it's obviously not a blood-backed colour either.

I'm sorry if this sounds so confusing. Wish I had side-by-side comparisons for you. :) You might want to try emailing Doi-Shin ... he is very prompt in his replies and a lovely, gracious person! I would think he would take the time to help you choose. He cares very much that his patrons love their dolls.

Lisa

6. Thank you for that description! I'm glad it's not "chalky" or garish. I decided to get Sayuki instead of Akali. My husband likes Sayuki better and he also suggested ivory skin...LOL. He's making dolly decisions for me now! Although, I am curious about the standard pinkish ivory skin. It seems as though Doi-Shin doesn't have true to color photos, so I'm still curious. Maybe one day, I can get another doll from him, and it'll be normal skin tone. By the way, yes,..he was so kind, and answered all of my questions, and sent me numerous photos to compare. It is so nice to feel accomodated!

7. Yay! I've finally ordered, but made a change of skin tone decision. I got the standard pinkish ivory instead! I think it'll make her look truely an Asian girl with red and yellow undertone. I'll post a lot of pics after I receive her, especially since there's not many photos of Thaasa shinydolls on DOA.

8. Wonderful news!!! Congratulations. I am quite sure you will be happy with Sayuki either way. They are simply incredible dolls (and oddly enough, my son adores Sayuki way above all the other ShinyDOLLs!). And I'm sure your choices in makeup/wig/clothing colours can definitely help her look lighter!

So your next one is ivory. :wiggle

When she arrives (and she will get to you quickly) ... post a link here in case I miss it, pretty please??? My lovely is out for her faceup, but when she returns, I'll join in your posting frenzy ... there absolutely are not enough pics here of these stunning dolls!

hoots,
      Lisa

9. I second FairEmma's request! I'm really eager to see more pictures of the new Sayuki mold. The pinkish-ivory skintone is very pretty, and I'm sure you'll like it.

And FairEmma, we need to see lots of pictures of your new beauty, too!

10. My Sayuki arrived last night!!! I worked on her face up, and I'm waiting for eye lashes to arrive. I just love her! I'm glad I got the pinkish ivory too. She'll be more versatile, and actually pinkish ivory is close to normal to fair skin tone. I'll post photos after I'm done. It'll be a few days.

11. Well, I ended up taking some photos sooner than I planned. Here she is in the gallery section!:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=799960

12. Oi, Pam ... I'm still waiting on pics of Elektra!! You promised. LOL You know, I do have those few from the meetup ... I can't remember if I sent you the originals or not. But if not, I shall (just say). Then you can put one of those up in the database!

Clio is currently headless, which seems to bother me much more than it bothers her ... she hasn't lost a shred of her expressiveness (and truth is, I'm actually getting used to it). Arafel in PEI, Canada is doing her makeup for me ... can't wait. So when head reunites with body, I will spam the gallery.

Ashley ... these are wonderful pictures ... she is really beautiful. I'd love to see Pam's Elektra (the earlier version of Sayuki) alongside yours. Shin-san said he actually had to alter the face sculpt because a number of people found her "too sad." But Elektra is the doll that nabbed my heart and turned me into a devout ShinyDOLL fan!!

Lisa

13. Hi Lisa,
      I did do the database thing. Here's a great info on the sculpt of sayuki B and sayuki A. Mr. Doi-Shin sent me this picture. Left is B and Right is A, Nevermind the cracks on the molding...it was done before finishing,. As you can see the B has fuller cheeks than A:

[​IMG]

14. As soon as I can find the time, I'm going to shop for a digital camera, and then everybody on DOA will be sick of all my doll photos!

FairEmma, you sent me copies of the pictures you took, but I don't think I have the originals. I can't wait to see your Clio with her faceup.

15. Flanna,
      I'd love to see close up of your Sayuki A. I saw some of the photos of her, and I saw one with a turquoise, or green? Chinese QiPao. Where did you get that? I'm actually looking for one for my Sayuki too. Your Sayuki looked so cute in it.

16. Wow, that is a pretty incredible difference. I think more than a difference in sadness, these examples make A look much more worried!

Thanks so much for posting them!

Lisa

17. Hi Lisa,
      There's something very alluring about both of them! Sayuki A looks very artistic and attractive on the photo below...I wish I could see Sayuki A in person.

SAYUKI(-A)
      http://homepage3.nifty.com/doi-shin/DollPhotoPath/
      200401/20040921/20040921.htm

Sayuki B has more youthful appearance. THese photos were sent to me by Mr.Doi SHin:
      SAYUKI-B
      http://homepage3.nifty.com/doi-shin/DollPhotoPath/2006/20060125SAYUKI-
      B/20060125SAYUKI-B.htm

18. Ashley, I got the Qi Pao from Poshdolls about a year-and-a-half ago. I doubt if the same material is still available, but Poshdolls still sells Qi Paos, and you can buy them on eBay. The seller ID is eylcwsd.

Mine is beautifully made, and arrived very quickly. Elaine Wong is great to do business with, although I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

19. Hi Flanna,
      I did search on ebay, but nothing that looked like yours came up. I love the green/gold color and design! I'll keep looking. By the way, does Elektra have Volks gold metalic eyes? Is it too shocking? Is it kind of brownish or all gold? I want to try to make her kind of like Elektra if you don't mind, just for a short while, until I get tired of it..lol. I like the red lip color too, and how Mr.Doi-Shin made the lips!

20. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

Elektra does have Volks metallic gold eyes, and they're very striking. They're definitely gold. In very dim light they can look brownish, but most of the time they look like gold metal. They don't look like human eyes, but Elektra isn't supposed to be human, just doing her best to pass as one.

I don't mind at all if you want to make your doll resemble Elektra! I guess you could say they're related in a way, so it's natural they'd look something alike. I agree, her lips are wonderful. I'd always preferred dolls with more natural-looking, un-made-up lips, but something about her just cried out for bright red lips.