1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Volks School Heads have the plate on their headcap?

Oct 13, 2005

1. I just got my School Head A today :D :D :D (All thanks to the wonderful Masamichi!) I'm completely in love, but just wondering...should he have one of the Volks metal plates on the back of his headcap?? There's a place for one...but it's either missing or was never there in the first place. The seller didn't say anything about it being missing in the auction on Y!J...and I don't see why they would've removed it.

Thanks ^^

~Megan

2. Mine didn't have one, either.

I'm guessing that the plates just aren't included with School heads.

3. Schulze comes with a head tag - he's basically a mini kit version School-only.

4. Hmmm...well, I guess he simply didn't come with one. Seems odd that they'd take the time to make a place for one and then not use it, though...

~Megan

5. *nods* I found the same thing with my School B. She has the big gaping hole but she came with no tag even though she was mint in the plastic in the box...

6. Yeah, my B is the same way. Mint in the plastic in her little box with no plate. But I have a theory!! lol Perhaps they hand out plates at the end of the painting...thing, and since some of our heads were obviously never opened, they have no plates? What a theory right? lol Maybe someone that's been to one of the painting classes can tell us.

7. I've just bought a school A head, and it was my first head from volks ever. I didnt really noticed anything though but when i've got my okita (which is like after i did the face up for the head) i saw an SD label on the groove on the headcap.

But for the school head, i didnt see the gold label for it.

the head came with the volks box and well packed, i've bought it from ebay

I'm just wondering if i bought the fake head or something? :o

I'm a little horrified if i bought the fake one, cos when i painted the face, i noticed that the eyes are slightly different, too!! (like the left eye is tiny bit bigger than the right) :(:(:(

havent got the pics though but thought you'd imagine the head without a label

Oh! and also, the headcap is quite loose and does not have the magnet thing attach to the head part like my other volks does.

Thanks!

8. No worries -- I think you've got a legit School A. If I'm correct, Volks usually attach the gold tags to dolls that have a specific release date. The tag indicates the date and which Dolpa the doll was released at. Since the School heads are available at almost all the Volks events, I don't believe they ever came with a tag.

I understand that Volks sculpts tend to have slightly asymmetrical features -- to convey realism.

Hope this answers your question! Here's a link, -- it doesn't pertain specifically to School heads, but it might be of some help. :daisy

9. School heads don't come with a headplate - they have the indentation for it, but no plate - at least last I heard. This is most likely due to the fact that they have no real release date.

Older SDs - in the region of up to 1,5 ago - didn't have magnetic headcaps. You fastened the cap to the S-hook in the neck from a hole in the headcap bridge via some trusty rubber band.

Either your SchA isn't brand new, or school heads haven't been upgraded to the magnetic fastening.

Noteworthy is also that Volks sculpts traditonally are organically asymmetrical, so there is no cause for concern if the eyes are uneven.

All in all it does not sound like a fake.

What does it say inside the head and headcap? Does the resin feel genuine?

10. aww thanks for all the answers!!! now that i'm really happy :):):):D

11. And if you still have doubts, PM me. I should have my sch A head in a few days- bought it from a friend of mine who got it at a Dolpa, so I know it's legit. I could take pictures for you.

12. School heads have never come with magnets or headplates as far as I know. I had extra magnets, so I glued in a magnet myself. :)

13. When I got a School Head during Dolpa LA, it didn't came with a headplate. So old or new, they just don't come with them.

14. Actually, my School C head was NRFB, and the head did come with magnets in place! No headplate though! :)

15. Sch C is a newer sculpt though, so having magnets makes sense. I have a sch a sleepy head purchased new from NY dolpa 2 and he does not have either a headplate or magnets.

16. My school head B also did not come with a head plate. I was a little worried, but after reading this thread it now makes since why it was missing. Still, it would be nice if they added one with the year it was cast. It would be nice to know how old my head is since the previous owner I bought it from was it's second owner and she had no idea herself.