1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleetwealth Briar Discussion

Oct 29, 2008

1. SLEETWEALTH BRIAR DISCUSSION THREAD:fangirl:

[​IMG]

Facepainting, outfit, styling and photography by Armeleia.

I want one!

Catrina

2. The artist is Anita Collins of Sleetwealth Studios, she is a member here who goes by the name of "brushwithlife".

3. Check out the News thread for more posing pics. :)

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252702

4. I really love her, though I also have a question. What kind of clothes would fit her?

5. If you click on Gallery in the menu on the order page there are nude and posing pictures there. I do believe there will be more pictures up soon, as well.

Briar is slightly bigger than Marina Bychkova's Enchanted Dolls... she can wear Barbie tops and Ken bottoms, but they will be short in the sleeves and legs. She is a little bit smaller than Oriendoll Il etc.

6. Well, here is the one pic I have.. if Armeleia has time to take pics that would be great but she's been very busy this week.. so we should not pester her, LOL.

[​IMG]

Thanks Armeleia for the nice pic of the tanned and pinky white Briars side by side...

7. The tanned default faceups are now released... pinky white and tanned are available now in stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Will anyone be sewing for this girl? Any measurements posted anywhere? I really like the lingerie set shown in the picutures, were those custom made, or can this doll fit some other doll lines clothing (cough, Tonner,cough)

9. I think she can fit into Tyler type clothing, her body seems to be the perfect size for it too, I sure would love to add this little lady to my hoard, but hubby wants a new camera.....at the same price of more as my dolls:...(, it's not fair!!!!

10. My girl is here!

She is absolutely gooooorgeous. My photos really don't do her justice. There's not a lot of light here atm, because of bad weather, so only 2 pics for now. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow, so I can take more. I need to find some clothes for her - she is too tiny for Narae stuff, but I'll have a rummage around in my dolly clothing stash, lol!

Her name is Darcie. I love her!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OMG. Best news ever! :fangirl:

Here's a couple more pics I took of Darcie today. I still can't get my camera to do her justice!
      The mini dress she is wearing was actually intended for Blythe dolls, but I got it to stretch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Here's a pic of Darcie standing next to my 43cm Narae, Vesper.

I apologise for the horrible photo - It was literally a quick flash shot before my camera battery decided to die on me. :sweat I should be taking some proper comparison pics soon :)

[​IMG]

13. thank you Inamourada Flux for that pic!! that is just what I needed to see.
      Briar is much smaller than I thought- just gorgeous though :hollyberry
      she is just lovely....tempted.

too small for 16" Tonner - but perhaps some of the Tiny Kitty clothing would work?

I hope someone will have a tan girl to share pics of.... please-have a cookie :bellcookie (bribery....:lol:)
      ~kate

14. Here's Darcie wearing a sweater made for Tyler Wentworth. It actually fits rather well. It's a teeny-tiny bit long in the sleeves, but otherwise looks pretty nice I think!

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The verdict...
      OK, have you ever opened a doll and said. Huh, not what I was expecting. Not in a bad way, just a little doubtful. And then you put their eyes in and you say. "Oh, well hello there.". And then the wigs and you say "Oh..the possibilites." And then you dress her and she starts coming to life in your hands. And then you take her picture and yes....she is fabulous.
      Well that was my day with Briar. I absolutely love this doll. Every time I position her she looks great. Her face is simply mesmerizing. She can look sophisticated one moment and innocent the next. OK, enough now. Off to sew some more!

16. A couple more. I must say, she is the most photogenic doll ever. I mean she's just as beautiful IRL, but sometimes it's just so hard to take good pics of great dolls. She makes it easy! And no, I don't have a bigbuck camera. Kodak Easyshare. A hundred bucks!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Spampy, she looks so lovely in your pics! Even with your un-fancy camera, you take such good pics. I'm so excited to see her in professionally made clothes instead of the weird concoctions I had her in.

(<--- not a professional.)

The "real" default is actually slightly more detailed than the one in the promos. It's dumb, but when I designed the default I was afraid I wouldn't be able to reproduce the same faceup over and over (it's my first time having to paint the same thing over and over). So I kinda kept the default in the photo a simpler but in the same mood and palette, figuring that people would be pleasantly surprised if they got a doll with a nicer faceup than the one pictured.

I've been painting a million Briars in preparation for the little LE release at IDEX in Florida next week. I painted each one with a different expression and coloration... it was fun! I don't have eyes or wigs for them here (those are at AtNouveau), but I wanted to share a couple of the different expressions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      (This one is my favorite - she just looks really cool to me.)

[​IMG]
      (This one was in Twigling's honor, since Twigs likes girls with pouty brows).

[​IMG]

I like her with thicker brows and heavier blushing...

18. I may be the only one to nay-say her a little bit. :sweat I like her body, but I really don't like the hands and I'm uncertain about her face. Definitely realistic, but depending on the photos I go back and forth: like her a lot in owner photos (Darcie and spampy's girl are gorgeous), but I dislike her in the official photos. XD As for her hands, they just look... unfinished to me. Like someone sculpted them in clay, almost finished, then forgot to do the detail work/smoothing on them.

19. Hmmm.
      Well then a couple more to help you out! LOL
      Her hands are a more to human scale than most dolls. Maybe that's the issue?
      I myself find them just full of so much expression.
      My part in the fun is creating some one of a kind outfits for Briar for IDEX.
      Numero uno!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. And now for something completely different! LOL
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]