1. Please check the announcement in the DOA News section. Broken links to TinyPic were noticed over the weekend, and today we confirmed they've been shutting down over the last month. Since a lot of people appear to have pictures there, be aware that Monday, 9/16/19 appears to be the last day to download your photos.
    Dismiss Notice

*:* Soom Idealian 72cm Discussion Part VIII *:*

Jun 16, 2018

1. Oh wow. I love those prayer hands. But I'm just not that in love with Kay (or Dia - I'm not too keen on the mouth of either of them, though the eyes are lovely). If he were on the ID72 body I might be tempted, but the ID75 is just too tall for such a gentle, young looking sculpt IMO.

On another note, does anyone here have the Gentle Homme release of Aslan? Is that head bigger than the Mega Gem version? Or is it the same head, just on the Idealian body?

2. I ended up asking out of curiosity and they said they didn't design him a face up this time around for them to replicate. So I think you could be right.

3. Yes, I got him in white; I love what R.Dean did with these face ups, so they'll head to her. I think I want some more green undertones around the eyes...and gold in the eyebrows ;)

4. Oh I could recognise that Kay's faceup was done by R.Dean. But is R.Dean still open for commissions? Recently she's making resin eyes and seems really into it. I guess this could be a possible reason why Soom doesn't give faceup option this time?

5. No, she's not open now. But it'll be months before I'll send the heads to her, lol. Sure she'll be open by then :).

6. Yeah, that seems like a good idea. She seems to open her faceup commissions sporadically, probably due to her popularity. I love the faceup she gave Kay-- those lips are so recognizable.

7. It's been awhile since I post something here. My Hiro just got some new clothing, I bought them from 月夜行歌 taobao. I can't express how excited I am, the fabric is too good!!
      I have no intention to do anything aesthetic yet, just plain photos from camera to show off his new clothes. I will find time and suitable places for his photo shoot later. My Hiro looks very happy :XD:!

[​IMG] by Blancasia, on Flickr

8. @Blancasia Your Hiro looks great in these clothes! I'm also a fan of 月夜行歌's Chinese ancient outfit! They are so detailed and look especially gorgeous on Idealian body! I was lucky enough to win the sell lottery (? not sure what it's called in English) for her Black Dragon set this year! Can't wait to put them on my ID guy!

#968 Zhenwu, Sep 11, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    9. @Zhenwu wow how lucky! I'd love to see photos from yours soon :D! My first outfit is this one, I love 月夜行歌 since then :thumbup!
      My friend also have the Black Dragon set, she said it took her 2 hours to put everything on :sweat. I can feel her, I have struggled for an hour and a half to finished everything :sweat.

#969 Blancasia, Sep 11, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    10. Freedom Teller will soon be accepting orders for certain clothes in Idealian 75 size! :blush

11. Hey guys,question time - can ID75 shirts fit ID72? I'm hoping to get some suit from them. I'm looking at FreedomTellers website and loved how the ID75 body looks compare to the past EID (superhero -which was daggy). Can the shirt be buttoned up?

12. It’s really going to depend on the cut of the shirt and how fitted it is. The ID75 body is quite a bit skinnier and I often can’t button the soom outfits for ID75 on my 72s. But sometimes I get lucky and they fit. Freedom Teller tends to be more fitted than some other companies so I would try to find some measurements etc. Also, the shoulder width could also be an issue. I wish I could be more help:sweat

13. Wait, what??? I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that ID75 was just a longer-legged version of ID72.

Does anyone have both and not mind posting a couple of comparison pictures? My mind is blown.

14. Here you go! Left to right, Mega Gem, ID72, ID75
      [​IMG]
      Soom Beefcake Comparison V2
      by Katy, on Flickr

15. i just hope soom can reopen grey kahn, gluino, phonolus again. Kahn was not a huge hit, but I really like him in grey skin!! Hope I can own him someday.

16. Maybe you can try to ask Soom on their Q&A board. I asked them about their monthly schedule, they said they wouldn't provide it but you can always ask them whether or not they will release a specific doll this year, though it's not 100% accurate as they sometimes change their plans.

17. Thanks!! But I asked them already for some of them. There is not much that I can do

18. Last time I queried Soom on the board I asked if there would be an Idealian special for Halloween.
      They replied that they haven't decided yet.
      I would love to see a new sculpt :)
      Haven't been doing too much with my guys lately other than making jewelry and here is my model, Jonathon :)
      Congrats to everyone getting the new Kay, I am still debating the hands.
      [​IMG]

19. Good news for those are waiting for Garion, just got confirmed by Soom that the next “previous” Idealian will be Garion, but his releasing skintone is still not decided yet, he will probably be shown up in the middle or end of October (and of course the next “new” Idealian will be in the end of September)

About the way they changed their plan...and yes of course! Last time I asked about Kay on the QA board on July and they answered me by saying there’s no plan for him...and he just showed up, with a wonderful new sleeping head!

Tags: