1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel Saiph Discussion

Apr 15, 2008

1. Congratulations...oooh the possibilities of a blank resin face and especially a sculpt as beautiful as Saiph. I would love to paint mine just to see what other ways she could look :)

2. Hehe, that's exactly why I didn't hesitate to get my second Saiph when I saw her for sale! :3nodding:
      There are just so many ways I wanted to paint this sculpt.

3. Congrats Luchan! You are giving those of us who remain Saiph-less hope again ;) I saw an MA complete come up on the MP here just after Christmas - but had no funds and she was gone in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure about the colour match with Dollstown, as Dollshe kind of changed their colours a bit in the last year or so. I would have thought Freshskin would be close. Probably easiest to blush the head to match the body. Good Luck :) Must be frustrating to finally have the head of your dreams but no body!

4. My NS Saiph laid claim to a new outfit and she is looking SO GOOD in it. <3
      I'm so happy. :: tears :: I feel like she finally just came together when I put this outfit on her. Haha, now she needs a name...
      How's everyone doing? ^__^

[​IMG]

5. Lady Ravenswood: She is stunning! :D I love her elegant look.

6. @Cat ^..^ Thank you!! She stole it right out from under another doll and I'm not even mad because she looks so good in it. :lol:

7. Lady Ravenswood: I love how they do that! And the next thing you know she will take all of that doll's jewelry and that doll will get kicked out of the house.......

:lol::lol::lol:

8. Hahahahahaha, that so happens. :XD:
      It's like everyone only wants the one necklace (or ring...or whatever). Ah, but no one is getting kicked out of the house today, so all is well. ;)

9. Has everyone seen Soom's latest little girl? She is reminiscent of Saiph and Topaz.

the SOOM emporium

10. Ooh, yeah. She reminds me of Topaz too! I like her feet.
      I know I thought of Saiph's lips when I saw their last Idealian, Isabel.
      They are really bringing the full lips to their recent releases. :chocoheart

11. The trouble with the new stuff that I have is: I am just too in love with the old stuff. Saiph is just one of my favorites.

12. I'm with you, my heart is stuck in like 2008 with Soom. I still really want a Deneb. :sweat

13. I have multiples of my favorites from 2008. Keep watching the marketplace and never say Never. They do pop up.:eusa_pray

14. She's gorgeous! MA Saiph is my grail-- and I could look at pretty Saiph
      Like yours all day! Hope I get one too someday.

15. Love the outfit on her @Lady Ravenswood I can just well imagine how happy it would make you feel to get her all perfectly dressed up. She's such an impressive looking girl.

16. @Cat ^..^ I totally agree. New SOOM's just don't compare to their old ones. I *may* be guilty of having multiples of the same sculpt; I can't help it.

Saiph is one of my favourite sculpts, here is my girl. But she also makes a really handsome boy.
      I really wish they would bring back Mecha Angels :(

[​IMG]

17. Ahh, thank you so much, @Chikku
      I hope you can find your Saiph! :hug:
      Cat ^..^ is right, they do pop up if you stalk them long enough. Hang in there!

Thank you @LyanneNZ I am stupid happy with this turn of events. Hehe. She's also wearing some gorgeous eyes that I'd wanted forever but didn't know who they should be for, and a wig that got bumped off another doll when character plans changed. So it really was just everything coming together for her suddenly. :D

I think she's going to end up named Merlin. My Meisa is named Prospero, so I'm just going to run with the wizard theme. Makes me want to give her a gold handled walking cane in lieu of a staff. Hmm, have to see what I can scrounge up for that project.

@Arekushia you are not alone in wishing for a return of the MA line, I talk with other friends about it often. I feel like the line wouldn't be so intimidating in the current hobby line-up. Bigger dolls are much more common. I wonder if they would sell better? Or if people would see them as too dated now?
      Ooh, I have a quick question if you don't mind: It looks like your Saiph also has the default faceup. My Saiph has pearlescent on her lips and I was wondering if that is default from Soom or something a previous owner did over the default faceup. Just been curious about that.
      I like your Saiph's hat! I have such a weakness for dolls in hats, hehe. :)

18. @Lady Ravenswood Yes it is default from SOOM, I will check and let you know about her lips :) also her hat is from BJD Outfitters.

19. Oh, my, she is so, so gorgeous and perfect. The whole look, her face, and your photo--superb.

20. Aw, thank you so much @Dizzy*Mizz*Lizzy :hug:
      I've been wanting to take some nice photos of my Mechas for a while now and getting this outfit got me going! Two down and one to go. ^__^