1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel Saiph Discussion

Apr 15, 2008

1. All us Saiph and Mecha Angel lovers should make ourselves a collective coffee table book :-) This photo could well be the cover!

2. Oh goodness, that's very kind of you to say @Dizzy*Mizz*Lizzy
      There are so many great photographers in this hobby, I'm no where near their level. I'm just having fun, hehe.
      A coffee table book is a really fun idea for doll photos though! Hehe, it would be a great way to enjoy them. :)

#342 Lady Ravenswood, Feb 5, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    3. I comb all over, or at least I have in the past, for glimpses of Mecha Angel Saiph :) Its so hard to come by photos of her. I would have taken more photos by now if she had a wardrobe of clothes to wear...I have got as far as jeans so far. So its always lovely to see new photos of her pop up. She's so unique and beautiful.

4. @LyanneNZ Hehe, glad to know I am not the only doll stalker. :lol:
      I feel like it's rare to see a MA at all these days. :sorry

5. Hey guys! I'm really kind of late to the party here as I didn't even realize there was an active MA girl thread at all. :doh This isn't about Saiph specifically, so I apologize! I'm just at a loss here and I figured maybe someone here could give me some advice.

I purchased a Deneb from Soom right after her release and sold the head on immediately. I just knew I wanted this amazing towering female figure, but there wasn't a face that spoke to me at the time, so I put her into storage. I figured I'd find an androgynous male sculpt I liked that would fit her body, but I didn't expect it to take...seven years. :eek:

Fast forward a few more years and now I'm in the position where I ultimately have a head I love, it's finally been airbrushed to match, and I have a much clearer idea of what I want to do with this doll, but so much time has elapsed! I have zero idea of what the best option for clothing is. I've read some Dollmore Model stuff is acceptable, as is some Iplehouse EID, but I almost feel like I may have better luck with some male clothing.

How do you impeccable outfitters find costumes for your girls? Do you take a gamble with measurements and order piece by piece, hoping an item won't be too far off? Do you buy male or female clothing? Does anyone sew for their MA? I've owned an MA for eleven years now but I'm still a total noob (please help)!

6. Welcome @Sandwich the more the merrier, I think. Glad to have you. :hug:
      And I can totally understand, I love the MA body SO MUCH!! I want to put all my doll heads on it too. Hehehe.

What head did you finally decide on? :D

As for your question, I have all my MA girls dressed in male clothing.
      Iplehouse SID male clothing fits very well. Tops are basically perfect. The pants fit the waist and hips, but are short in length.
      I also have one Saiph wearing clothing made for the Fifth Motif Timeless body (an odd size in itself). 5th Motif arms are longer than the MA women though and the pants STILL run short, but not as short as on the SID size.
      My guess would be that the stretchy Rrabbit miracle pants would fit MAs only because they fit 5th Motif and run a little long on that body. I haven't actually tried them...

Anyway, I just love women in suits...so not sure about more feminine clothing options. :sweat

7. @Lady Ravenswood thank you for the welcome! Your girls are so well-attired I was debating about whether to just message you directly or reply to this thread. :love

My MA hybrid is with a twigling/Artifex Kindred Eloy head. The proportions are very nice but the color match prior to airbrushing was atrocious (Dollshe fresh). I don't have a way to share photos right now or I would as I'm super stoked about her!

Also amazing info on the clothing, thanks a ton! I want to dress her more androgynous so this works out perfectly - time to go raid the Iplehouse website. I don't own many male dolls so I don't have much of a basis for comparison (and the ones I do have are mostly older and definitely not the pinnacle of fashion). I'll check into the 5th Motif stuff as well. You've given me some great points to delve into.

I figured leg length would probably be the biggest issue! MA girls are just miles of legs! Like her legs stop at the bust-level of my 60cm dolls, it's hilarious.

Now I'm gonna go check out some smashin' boy styles for my girl. :3nodding:

edit: What about shoes? Maybe I could find some semi-taller boots to disguise the pant leg issue she's bound to have...

8. @Sandwich
      Yes! Boots work wonders. All my MAs wear boots. :lol:
      SD17 size works great.
      And glad I could help! I look forward to seeing her when you can share photos. That sounds like a really neat combo.
      Haha, and I love the image of the legs to bust height. That's amazing. I have lots of tall dolls so I haven't even noticed that. Now I have to stand them next to other dolls. That's too funny.

9. This is fabulous! I know it's six years later but I'm playing with my Mecha Saiph Tessie once again and am enjoying seeing everyone's pictures once again.

10. Wow...is it really that long since Saiph first arrived here?! Glad you are enjoying your Tessie!

This is not too recent a photo but I don't think I have shared it before...my Mum made her infinity scarf.

[​IMG]Saiph by Lyanne NZ, on Flickr

11. I got mine from DoA in 2009...eventually I had four of them, all different. And eventually I sold them all too. But not Tessie. Then I didn't play with her but I brought her to BJD club and everyone liked her a lot, so I decided to sell her. Brought her to the next meeting and I just couldn't do it... I felt almost nauseous to part with Tess. So we're back to playing again and very happy too. Your girl is soooo beautiful and that scarf is perfect on her. Love, love, love! Thank you for sharing and replying. Maybe this thread will wake up again, with all of us who have awakened to how gorgeous these dolls are and how they should never be ignored.

12. @LyanneNZ
      She looks great! I love the scarf and hat <3

@jenthered
      Glad to hear you and your girl are having fun again :hug:

I need to take more photos myself! Hehe. But I'm also trying to decide if I want to re-do the faceup on my WS Saiph...choices, choices...

13. I love the way my Saiph looks, so she's it for now, as far as that. But she's dying for new clothes and has a singularly untalented too-busy mommy, so if anyone is making Saiph clothes, holler. We can pay immediately, LOL! I do have to get some photos loaded, so you can see how gorgeous Tessie is.

14. @jenthered It sounds like you had a lucky escape when you changed your mind about parting with Tessie.

I'm coming to the end of some study so am really hoping that soon I will be back to dolls again at least in my evenings and weekends.

15. Well yes, ma'am, it was...plus her tiny beau Yancy would have been heart-broken and that's not even the half of it. Sometimes, real life has to intrude, Lyanne NZ but I hope that you can get some dolly time. It's essential.

16. Hi all!
      We are in your company!
      Do not drive away ???
      This is Ruby ... We will be familiar! (:

[​IMG]

17. Wow @Bzika she is simply beautiful! Love her coat...so great to see her here :)

18. LyanneNZ,
      Oh! Thank you very much! :blush
      She is special for me in her own way and she wants the best!
      First of all, of course, a beautiful wardrobe!
      The coat is also not so simple - it is the result of inspiration by the Gucci style! :D
      In the future I plan for her a lot of doll versions of clothes from leading world brands!

Only one problem ... I don’t know where to find shoes matching her fashion style size ??? :|

19. Yes, they need some fashionable shoes. I bought mine the molded high heeled feet but have not got around to painting them. I can't wait to see her wardrobe expand :) She is a wonderful fashion model!

20. Here we are so far in the act of searching, because high-heeled shoes are very desirable for her!

I am lazy to please new things until the onset of autumn!
      I have it relatively recently, and although its size is large and convenient for sewing, I have not yet got used to it, like sewing on a female figure, all the more brilliant with such delicious shapes (:
      Moreover, I sew mainly on guys, not on girls!
      But, I will try to master its format too! (: