1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. Hi and hello :)

I wondered if some of you already have photos of Windflower.
      I absolutely adore her and I guess she'll be my first girl...maybe cause she reminds me of Elsa :)
      Oh, and do you know if her skin on the promo photos is ws or ns?

2. *peeks head in* is anyone here?

I'm looking to get lotus and was hoping for some body reviews. I also would like to know what people thought of the tan skin. Is it orangy? Or more brown?

Thanks!

3. I like their tan, AnchixDPx. I have a tan Celtis. It's kind of a nice milk and coffee color.

[​IMG]

4. My tan Echium just got some new hands! He's from the special tan order from WAY back in the day (from before Echium was discontinued, obviously), and I recently got him a pair of Fifth Motif hands in Dollshe's Honey Skin Mango Oriental resin. I have some of their other resin colors here, so I kind of guessed (based on what I have) which resin might work, I got lucky. It's not a perfect match, since the honey skin resin is translucent and the Spiritdoll resin is opaque, but the Mango Oriental color is very close to his older Spiritdoll tan. I'm quite happy.

5. Oh he's just lovely... I was thinking of adding this sculpt to my plans but not until I saw him in tan. Thanks for the pic because you just sold me on him! (Also his clothes and faceup are great omw)

6. Oh, thank you. Happy to help.

7. Has anyone got a Girl Marchen Waltz head and a Elegance Spirit doll body in normal skin? can you let me know if this combo works for both head fit on the neck and resin match?

8. I am sorry if this is on the wrong discussion board - I have been trying to find a comparisson of the 1/2 sized SPirit doll to regular, taller BJDs in the 70 cm range. I am trying to figure out how silly she would look next to those, as her over all height shouldn't be a problem but her thickness might. Thanks for your help in advance, and again sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am in the hospital recovering from back surgery so of course I am shopping for dolls and catching up on reading of dolls :P

9. I think the main thing that may set them apart is the 80cm dolls are meant to look more childish in their body composition.

as for thickness the 70cm boys have a thicker chest than the 80cm dolls, the waist on the 80cms are thicker by 5.5 cm,

in general the Dolce's are thicker and longer, again to be more child-like.

Maybe you could convince someone who owns one to upload their dolls on the BJD comparison site since there's already the 70cm on there, also try asking the "photo comparison" thread

10. I missed your post earlier. I think you haven't found a comparison because they don't really "go together." But it does give me an idea! I will see what I can do.

11. So, after stalling for the better part of a year... and then having my plans (and dolly funds-) waylaid by Soom and a certain pair of SHeliot twins... I *finally* got to order my Ulmus and Olea this afternoon.

Now that the countdown to actually having Adanna and the Captain here has started, I find myself with a question. What fits a guy of Herculean proportions? Can he share with my Iple EIDs? Will he fit in Soom MG outfits? Or is he one of those troublesome souls who's going to demand that I make everything just for him? :lol:

12. So excited, Brightfires! If I didn't have other SpiritDolls in line first, I would have ordered Ulmus. As far as a Herculean goes, I know he doesn't fit DollHeart except for shoes. Others have said that he can fit Iplehouse clothes. Beyond that, I've had to make him clothes. :/

13. I did a body review for the Spiritdoll Proud girl body a while ago. It's here, if you are interested :).

14. If he can fit in the same things my EID guys wear, we're set. I suspected just looking at the measurements that their outfits might work for him, too, but it's hard to tell for sure until someone tries it. XD

15. I had put some EID items on my various wish lists on account of someone else saying that they fit Herculeans. I just can't remember where or I'd direct you to it. You're probably in luck, especially if you already have clothes to try on them.

16. Hi everyone! I just ordered a Daffodil and was wondering if anyone else has any Proud line girls? They look to be on the tall side, so I'm curious about fitting them into clothes.

17. I have a Spiritdoll Atropa and I'm not gonna lie, dressing them is interesting because of the wide shoulders and small breasts. She seems to fit into SD16 clothes all right for the most part and most shoes that I've tried on her. I made a comparison chart here for an easy look-see while windowshopping.

18. Thank you so much for the info! :D I requested permission to access the chart, hope that works. xD Even just knowing she's roughly SD16 size is super helpful.

19. Whoops, my bad! I changed the permissions so you cam view it. Let me know that you can see it now!

20. Ahh thank you so much, I can see it! This is exactly what I was going to end up doing myself, you have saved me so much time. :'D I also just looked up the Dollmore Model line measurements and I think they're pretty similar, at least in terms of torso.