1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. It'll be interesting to see of my Olea can wear SID or EID girl outfits... The SIDs are closer proportionally, but a few cm shorter. The EID girls are the right height, but bigger over-all.

2. Well, my Ulmus and Olea have arrived at long last... and on the clothes front I can now definitely say that IpleHouse's SID stuff will fit on a medium-bust Proud girl reasonably well.

As for a Herculean guy and Iple's EID outfits... It's a little dicey from what I've tried so far. Islyn is currently wearing the Demon Hunter set, and he looks great in it, but I wouldn't call the fit ideal. The top and vest fit pretty much perfectly. The boots worked great, too. Getting the #$%^*& pants on him? That was like stuffing a water buffalo into a wetsuit. I did (eventually) manage to get them on and fastened through some careful tugging and pulling, but he can't sit in them. Even bending a knee isn't easy.

Once I work up to prying those trousers back off of his enormous butt, I'll try a few of my other EID outfits on him... but so far? It's looking like tops are a safer bet.

3. Congratulations on the arrival of your dolls! lol I've been noticing lately how many of the 70cm+ boys have huge butts. Good to know that the EID pants are so snug.

4. Thanks for the info, Brightfires! And for the visual too. I've been meaning to order some EID clothes for my Cedar... one of these days. I should just avoid pants for now.

5. I have finally decided on getting a Hibiscus and Olea, but I'm not quite sure which body to get for Olea. I love the version 1 legs way more than version 2, but u like the version 2 torso better (it looks slightly wider). Suggestions?

6. Hello! Is this the right thread for the Elegance line? I did some looking, and realized I wasn't seeing any Elegance guys and gals. Sorry if it isn't!

7. With it being the general thread (vs just-Elegance or just-Proud), I'd say you're in the right place. :)

8. Ahh, okay!! I was actually wondering about sizing on the male Elegance body. I have no experience shopping for a 1/3 scale doll, so it had me wondering if there was a slim SD size for clothes like there is a slim MSD size. (If that makes any sense.) Would he be able to fit in most SD clothes? Or is shopping for an Elegance boy more difficult?

9. @dizii , have you tried comparing measurements to other more common dolls (eg,Volks SD13)? That may be a good place to start. :)

@hannaliten , I have the v2 body and I like the legs ... though I feel one heel leg is shorter than the other, but that might just be mine. The chest/shoulders feel pretty wide too, but she's fit into most 70cm girl shirts just fine so far.

10. Does anyone know if migidoll NS and Spiritdoll NS are a match? I was debating a hybrid with the elegance body, but I've only ever seen pictures with WS.

11. I recently made a pretty big order from Spirit Doll. WS Proud boy body, NS elegance boy body, and NS smart girl body. I can't wait to get them! They're all so gorgeous, so exciting!

12. @Meggethann, here you go! if all else fails, spiritdoll has a colourmatching service and the migi heads look and fit great on them. here's another i found just combing through google results.

@alexolotl, congrats!! spiritdoll really does make beautiful bodies that pose well.

#232 Praesagium, Oct 2, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    13. Oh thank you! That looks like it could really work! Yay! Thank you for the help!

14. They are terrific posers. I mean, they pose very well. :) Another long-ago thread on DoA compared Herculeans to Idealians, which I was also considering at the time. The Herculeans so outclassed them in the posing department that I got my first SpiritDoll, and that's taking the Herculean's ridiculous size and weight into account, so I can only guess that they are better in smaller sizes. :)

15. Congrats! That'll be a large package! I'm also waiting for a large one, a Dolce girl and an Elegance girl.

16. I don't have an Idealian over here to compare with my big guy, but I can definitely say the Herculeans are much, much more cooperative posers than Iple's EIDs.

17. I have an EID on order. I should do a photoshoot comparing their posing abilities once he gets here.

18. EIDs are beautiful... absolutely classical in their sculpting... but holy heck are they ever a pain in the rear to pose. o_0 Even with the mobility joints it can be a fight to get them to behave. I've never had half as hard a time getting Islyn into position.

19. @dizii did you figure out what size clothing works best for the elegant body? I don't own a BJD yet, but I am considering this body, and from what I gathered from the measurements, I think it is SD13 sized? I may be utterly wrong, of course.

I would love to read more about any clothing you bought for your boy that fit well

20. I'm in love with a Spiritdoll from 2011. His sculpt is Stayne The Spade Knight. I really want one, but haven't found one for sale. Are there any owners of him out ther that can tell me how he poses or give me any information about him?