1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. @SophieSinister, I'm sure he's out there somewhere! As for body reviews, he's on the Proud body, so you may check Youtube for posing ability. I wasn't able to find any decent ones on Google.

2. Well, thank you for your assistance. I'm sort of new to the hobby and don't have a lot of dolls.

3. I'm really in love with their Fantasy dolls. They really remind of Doll Chateau, but with smaller hips. They have definitely made my list.

4. I have received my Sequoia head. Very nice sculpt. Normal resin. Doing the face-up myself.
      The head itself has some nice weight to it. Takes an 18mm eye. Like that very much!!!

5. Hello guys, I just happened to discover Spiritdoll and I'm definitely smitten by Proud Olea <3 could anyone point me in the direction of photos of her or another one of the proud ladies? I really like their bodies and is now trying to figure out if they might fit in together with my Ringdolls.

6. @Charadas, there's a flickr group here with a bunch of photos! I already have a Spiritdoll Atropa and I hope they go well with other Ringdoll girls; I plan on getting a couple myself. :)

7. @Praesagium thank you for the tip, I haven't checked all the images (soo many!) but it seems like the boys are definitely more popular than the girls.

Atropa is cute, I like that she looks a bit Russian, at least in the promo pictures :XD:

8. @Charadas, yeah that is true :( If I do see any of Olea, I'll be sure to follow up with them.

And that's actually funny, because my Spiritdoll girl's character is Russian. Good to know I chose the right face!

9. @Charadas ooh Olea is so beautiful! O was supposed to order her with my Nymphaea and Hibiscus, but ended up not doing it. I just saw some pics of her from the doll show in Shanghai. Maybe take a look?

10. Thanks for the link to spiritdoll pics. I am quite taken with the dolls from that company!!!

11. Ohhh, do you have links to the photos or suggestions on what to Google on?

12. I'm so in love with the new fantasy doll "Little Mermaid", but there's no way I can afford that full set. (No matter how badly I want it.) If only they sold her blank. :(

On a brighter note, I'm totally gonna keep checking the website for any new releases in the fantasy doll line. I absolutely LOVE the aesthetic!! :D

13. Late to the party, as usual... but there aren't many Oleas around, it seems like.

[​IMG]

I've taken very few pictures of mine, I'm afraid, so not a lot of spam to share.

For some reason Adanna is just very, very hard for me to photograph well. She's a gorgeous sculpt in-person, but in a way that doesn't seem to translate well into a flat image. It's... odd. I don't have nearly as much trouble with Islyn (The only other Spirit Doll sculpt in the house-).

14. @Brightfires, Olea is beautiful! It looks like she has some blue blushing around her eyes. The wig my be bringing it out more. Have you tried a brown wig on her?

15. She looks awful in anything lighter than black thanks to the colors in her faceup... And yes, she actually does have teal blue highlighting under her eyes. (That was a bit of a surprise when I got her, since it doesn't seem quite so SERIOUSLY BLUE in Spirit Doll's own pictures, but it seems to suit her so I haven't had her repainted.)

It's actually the physical details of the sculpt that don't translate well in two dimensions, I think, not a matter of the way the she's painted or the color of her hair. Depth matters when it comes to her features.

16. I like a bit of blue under the eyes. I also put a bit of blue on the bridge of the nose.

17. I have seen sculpts that do not photograph well. I do like your picture of Olea, so she must be even more beautiful in person!

18. Still, thanks for showing us her <3

19. I am so in love with Arrowroot :love But I realized I do not like the proud body at all, anyone have any 65+ body recs that'd work?