1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll discussion thread

Nov 10, 2012

1. How long does SpiritDoll usually take to ship a blank doll?

2. I had written to them on the 19th about shipping Nancy. Here is their response.

"Hello, it depends on if you are going to order the face-up and body blushing service, if you don't order any of the two service, it will takes about 2 months for the doll can be shipped after the full payment; if you would like to order either of the two service or both of them, it will take at least 3 months for the doll can be shipped after the full payment"

3. Thanks! That helps me know when I have to have her space available!

4. *peaks head in*

Hey there... empty discussion room! I really hope someone can help me out. I'm in the market for a Celtis, and I wanted to know a few things:

How accurate are the company faceup pictures to his real life faceup?
      How well do these bodies pose, and are they easy to find clothing for?
      What other skintone matches Spiritdoll's white skin?

I hope someone can help me out, I think Celtis is a wonderful sculpt, but I'd like more information before I lay the money down :)

5. AnchixDPx: Great posers, they wear Luts SSDF and Dollmore Glamour Model clothing, as well as Dollheart 70cm (usually). . they are just a tad thicker in the bottom half and pants may be a bit snug. Spiritdoll has a creamy white with a hint of yellow to it. Impldoll WS is the only one I have that I know matches. Souldoll, Fairyland, and Soom are whiter but probably could be blushed to go with the body; Luts is whiter and pinker, might be harder to work with. The qualification here is that my WS body is old and has mellowed/yellowed a bit. My new WS head wound up a lot pinker by the time I got through with it. The NS works with a lot of other NS sculpts.

Haven't gotten a company faceup, so don't know on that one.

6. Hi, I have yet to see good facial photos of Celtis-Spirit Doll. Do any of you have close ups of Celtis face and have any of you had a new face up done for Celtis? He looks interesting on the website. If you have a Spirit Doll how are they at posing and are they floppy like a rag doll?
      I rarely post here. I have not mastered this site it is complicated. I post most often on Zone Of Zen.
      Is he worth his price?

7. Me too, I also want to see Celtis lol.

I actually came here for another question. I want to ask about the Proud body!!! Couldn't help but notice that this body comes with uuuhmmm...optional parts. And I see that the website offers a "permanent" or "fixed" version of the body for folks who don't want the 3 "optional parts" lol. I'll just say that I don't really have anything that I can do with these optional parts--I'm NOT interested in risque photography or anything, but still think it's cool. I want to ask people who have the proud body: are there any drawbacks to having a removable "part?" Does it stay in place firmly? Does it ever threaten to say... fall out of the pant leg or anything awkward like that??? :?

I do think it's cool, but I am a person who prefers functionality to coolness. I'm totally torn between which decision to make, so if anyone can give me feedback I would be eternally grateful!

Also, I want to say that I am waiting for July 10th to buy my Spirit doll so I can get in on the summer event free head! Can someone please reassure me that their website is updated and the event is for THIS year and not last year???!!!

8. I think the Summer event was probably for last summer.

9. Per the requests, here's my Celtis. I just finished him up. He's on the skinny Proud V1 body. Check my photostream for a second photo. He has a long, thin face. My resident poet.

[​IMG]
      Celtis by wiggies2luv, on Flickr

10. AnitaS He is so so awesome!! You are lucky. Love his look, he does appear to be a "resident poet".

11. Thank you AnitaS for that pic of Celtis! A "long thin face" sounds really good to me! Thanks also for his profile pic on flickr! The nose is very important to me when it comes to dolls LOL! It's always important to see the profile--sadly some websites don't show the profile lol. I love that the Spirit doll website also shows their heads unpainted and includes a profile! Just look in the "heads" parts section if anyone hasn't seen it.

EEEEK! The summer event was last year? Perhaps I should just go ahead and place an order.....

12. AnitaS - would it be possible to get a straight on shot of his face, looking right at the camera? I am so torn - I thought I loved him, but also seemed like he had a wider jaw, and now I just don't know. I still think he's beautiful but am less sure if he's what I thought he was if that makes sense lol. Thanks for your help in advance if you can give it.

13. Raevyn -- well, I've got him lounging on a shelf and didn't want to disturb the posing, so I just quickly snapped a flash photo that hopefully is head-on enough for you. I think he does have a wide jaw, not as visible from the side, I guess:

[​IMG]
      Celtis by wiggies2luv, on Flickr

14. Wah~ I can't believe we have so little discussion for Spiritdoll : D But I have one darling from there already, Spiritdoll Freesia and she is so gorgeous *__* I have been thinking for a while to get Herculean body for my Iplehouse head and I think I finally decided it couple of weeks ago when I got to see Herculean body in real life :3 I just hope that the resin firts for Iple..

15. Thank you so much! Thats really helpful. He is super pretty, so introspective, and not as thin in the face as I feared at first!

16. Aaand I just went and bought Herculean body! I coun't resist. :D aaand now to wait for it. :3

17. Has others noticed the Herculean sized jointed hands! :D They added them atlast to the section and they look nice. <3 And I got them added to my order. ^__^ I'll take some piccies when I get them and the body.

18. Anyone noticed the event? Dark has been re-released in normal and white skin. Very tempting to get him in white skin.

19. Phew. This thread definitely needs some more attention. I just placed my order for a Celtis. I couldn't resist their free jointed hands event! ^u^

As for the other questions I've seen sifting through the thread, I've handled a proud V2 body before, and it poses extremely well. One of the better posers in the 70 cm range for sure, especially compared to idealians, old dollshe bodies [the hound hip!], and iplehouses. It may have to do with the relatively streamlined, less bulky design, but it holds pretty well :>

About the option parts, if you are afraid of it falling off, you can always remove it entirely and just stash it away. I like the option of a removable part because especially tight clothings just as leather pants, etc... don't always have a lot of room to fit properly.

20. Yeah, I agree, this thread needs more attention. :3 And oh, congrats for ordering, I hope you get him soon! The herculean body is wonderful to pose, I got to hold it in one meetup and it's gorgeous. It sits very nicely and you can put his feet in many different posions because of the joints. You won't be disappointed.