1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi no Sumika LA Membership Cards

Aug 23, 2006

1. Hi!
      I know lots of people were wondering when/if they would receive their Volks LA Membership cards. Although I received mine at the LA Opening event, I received a new one today, which has Toppi on it :)

I also got a little letter with it explaining that it is good for members-only events and sales so I should keep it and/or use it next time I buy something!

EDIT: Also, if it matters, it's the same ID number I had before. But I think you need the new card to do anything. My old one says "2005 ID Card" on it, and the new one is specifically a Tenshi no Sumika in LA membership card.

2. let me go check my mailbox now!
      thanks tammie !

3. EDIT: Also, if it matters, it's the same ID number I had before. But I think you need the new card to do anything. My old one says "2005 ID Card" on it, and the new one is specifically a Tenshi no Sumika in LA membership card.[/quote]

I recently used my old card at the store and the computer still had my info on it - my name showed up on the register display when I checked out! But have to note that the membership number was handwritten on the old card - does the new card have your number printed on it permanently? Alex

4. I recently used my old card at the store and the computer still had my info on it - my name showed up on the register display when I checked out! But have to note that the membership number was handwritten on the old card - does the new card have your number printed on it permanently? Alex[/QUOTE]

I think volks just updates the cards every so often.

Both of my cards have my number handwritten on them.

5. i was wondering since i bought chinatsu, will i eventually get a card also?

6. Supposedly.

7. I got mine in the mail today ^.^

8. Has anyone in Michigan received one yet?

9. sorry i'm not from Michigan, but I got mine today-lives in Ohio^_^;;

10. Please forgive my ignorance, but I purchased a few things from VolksUSA a few weeks ago and I'm going to be purchasing more within a few days. What do you have to do to become a member and receive a card?:?
      -Anthony

11. There're two cards.

One is a purchase card (no customer use in the US at this point, just for Volks to guage purchases). Not sure when this is given... but I think it's only if you go in person.

One is a membership card, if you have signed up at Volks as an owner. That's what she is talking about here.

Usagi, I haven't gotten it as of yesterday's mail.

12. I became a member by ordering some stuff at the VolksUSA website. I don't know what the requirements are, but my order was a group order that totaled about $800 and that included a DDII body and a lot of other stuff.

13. Oh, I guess I have the owner card. I registered Violet a few months ago.

14. I have 3 Volks dolls.... Where do I register them? None of my boys where purchased through VolksUSA though.:sweat
      -Anthony

15. do you have to register your doll *AT* the store? someone posted a link to an online registry a few months back, you had to fill out info about your doll and send a photo etc. i signed up my Cyndy II (Evelyn) but never heard back about it ...

16. You can register online. I registered Sonya, and she was before VolksUSA, and was fine.

However, it looks like the registration closed in May.
      I know they weren't open long the first time, when they closed it, and it took 2 months to open again. I don't think they realized how many people would jump on it. It opened again in Dec, and closed in May. I would think it will open again when they catch up.

17. I've had Violet since 2001, LONG before VolksUSA and registered her online months ago.

I didn't hear anything about it for the longest time, then suddenly the card popped up in my mailbox today.

18. I received my card in the mail, along with my sister's card. We both had received cards when we bought items (not dolls) at the store opening. Only I have registered any dolls with Volks.

And interestingly enough, my dad, who came with us to the opening but did not make any purchases (just filled out that little slip of paper that everyone did), also got a card in the mail! His name was on the credit card that my sister used to buy a doll with though Volks USA too, so maybe that was why he got a card? :?

So they must have sent one to pretty much everyone in their database, and I can't see any distinction between customers and SD owners. All three of our cards are the same, though I guess they might have more information on file to make the distinction.

19. I think the only reason I got one was because I bought my Hewitt II through the volks lottery.

20. I got one for Roo, but I remember registering for something when I bought him.

My little sister got one for Boo, but all we did was order him online. So as far as doll-ownership goes, it seems if you bought a doll from VolksUSA anytime recently, you should recieve one.