1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are hard to find that you would like to see more of

Mar 24, 2010

1. I'm not sure if this thread exists or not as I couldn't find one but my searching skills are terrible so (Mods feel free to move or delete this if needed)

I find it so hard to find good quality (punk) MSD clothes most everything I find that I like is SD size or larger. Also staffs, One of my boys is an exorcist and he has a Buddhist staff, I can't find anyone who makes them anywhere.

So my question is

What have you had trouble finding? that you would gladly pay for because it's something you doubt you'll ever be able to find again? Not just clothing related but anything to do with the doll hobby. Props, furniture, ect?

2. Clothes for tinies (26cms) :( There's SO much stuff for MSDs and SD sized dolls compared to Yo-SD sized ones... well, maybe it's because I want some rather impossible (or limited) items like a raincoat, umbrella and galoshes for my little boy... T 3 T

3. A actual Batman outfit. (Or Riddler jumpsuit) A line of SD clothes for Drag Queens. I'll have more when I think of more.

4. An old-fashioned SD-sized sewing machine! I've seen them in pictures so I know they exist, but I've never been able to find one for sale. I wish I could find an SD gramophone, too.
      And I wish there were more Victorian-looking boots. (You can really tell what my tastes are in this post, heh). I want button-style ladies' boots in all sizes, and they're really hard to find.

5. Bird anthros.

6. In bjd costume I think realistic ethnic, military and historical costumes are all very hard to find and I wish the big companies would use their incredible skills to make more things like that. Standard BJD clothing seems to mainly consist of manga/lolita/street, which isn't at all what I want, I can rarely find outfits I really want to buy. Luckily I have a sister skilled in sewing!

Regarding dolls themselves, I wish there were a lot more ethnic dolls to the standard of Iplehouse dolls. A lot of dark skinned dolls have the brown skin colour of an African etc but a totally caucasian face, or even an anime face, whereas IH dolls actually have stunning features that look African - see Kamau/Ashanti/Cocori etc for proof!

7. Hound-size converse shoes... The closest I can find are female model doll, which... won't work for males. ;-;

8. This. Beautiful, victorian to modern scale furniture. Not just a couch or chair, but a full houses worth.

I would also love higher quality props and more variation in clothing styles from companies.

9. Masks. Real, like carnival masks.

More fanciful, cheap MSD clothes.

More MSD violins!!! I only know of them on two sites, and both those sites ARE IN KOREA. >< 20 dollars shipping ftl!

10. Complete and authentic looking cowboy outfit with to-scale accessories (holster and six shooter, rope, spurs, etc.

11. The wigs I want, in funky colors, and made with synthetic hair. Mohair wigs are easy to make, so I'm not too keen on buying them, but the marketplace is overrun with them.

12. =A= Th-Those are so cute... thank you for the link! But.. there's still no way I can get them... xD;;

13. This. This x1000.

I'd love to see simple modern furniture. Volks has a lovely modern couch that is nice, simple, and uncluttered that is exactly the sort of thing I'm thinking of here. I could probably find a fainting couch or a fancy-pants chair that looks like it fell out of the nearest brothel -- and don't get me wrong, for some of my crew, that would be exactly what would be appropriate -- but it's hard to find nice, simple, modern furniture in SD size. I've seen what people make themselves/special order from craftsmen, that couch, and a few beds that qualify for modern SD furnishings without the fluff, glitz, excessive floral prints/lace/tassels/velvet/pink/etc. I've seen a few stunning gothic pieces that are fairly elaborate that I would have loved to have gotten my hands on, but they were sold out long before I ever saw them.

14. Haha, I'm looking for such nichey and unique stuff it's not even funny, but you know what there really needs to be more of but is pretty much impossible to find - TSHIRTS. They have black, they have white, but I need red and teal! And you know what else would be great to have? Sporty shoes (I'm actually looking for black cleats with white stripes up the side). Just normal everyday sneakers too. And plain baseball caps. Oh, and headsets!

...okay, yeah, it's pretty easy to guess what costume I'm trying to gather for my boy now, isn't it? I swear, I don't have a serious thing for The Scout. Really! The parts are so basic for normal people but SO hard to find for dolls!

Oh, and for my upcoming doll, I need PLAIN Vans. I've seen them with patterns.. what's wrong with plain clothes ;-;

15. I'm with you on that, also would liked medieval+oriental armor and a bicycle.

16. @vanzinger

I don't know about cleats but I saw tons of regular sporty shoes in doll shops and on ebay. I think Sunnys Wonderful World carries some, for example. Souldoll sells baseball caps (I'm sure there are more) and plain vans can be found on ebay as well or can be bought from a range of dealers in the US. Last time I checked Mint on Card had some (easy to paint, if you don't like the color .. I do that with my own shoes xD)

The only dealer with dolly sized T-Shirts in those colors I know is in Germany, so that won't help you much, but I'm sure you can get them in US shops, too. Or just sew them yourself, Shirts aren't hard at all. (& I'm really no sewing talent)

17. I remember writing this in a similar thread but it was a while back now, what about more variation in dolls, such as a pregnant doll or older, more rugged looking dolls? There definitely aren't enough hot male bjds out there, with real manly bodies and a distinctly male face. That's why I loooove IH Kamau, strong manly cheekbones and jawline, sensuous mouth and the Devil's eyes with a big, buff body woweeeee!

18. ^ This! Also, authentic looking army gear. Not just combat uniforms, but everything you need to make a convincing battleground set. And I'm dying to get some 1/2, 1/3 scale AK-47's. ... There are are not enough of those.

19. A fedora. A pinstripe suit, not one with long tails. More sneaker type shoes. More "average guy" clothes. More patterns. I can make all this myself, but I need help on patterning some of it!

20. To those looking for army type uniforms, check out Mint on Card. They carry HZ clothes and while they are pricy, they are extremely well made. I don't have the army type uniform but I do have one of the other ones.