1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Mini (Tiny fairy) discussion Part 1

Jun 18, 2005

1. Has anyone here been able to determine if Blue Fairy has altered their resin at all? I can't read a single character of Korean ( :oops: ), and didn't find anything about it on the Japanese site. I'd really like to know if they've made any changes in that respect.

2. I desperately want Jerome in that red wig! :o WITH FRECKLES!!! *dies*

3. oh man...why are they all out of stock? :o

4. They are going to open the Korean shop on the 11th at 17:00 Seoul time. That's why it says 'out of stock'.

Seeing them re-open makes me want Jerome and Niky even more. :(

5. I know this is a bit of a tedious task, but I was hoping a Tiny Fairy owner could do a few measurements for me. It would make finding fitting clothes and shoes much easier for when I can finally afford a TF (I've finally decided that's what I want). I wanted to know the measurements of the following:

Foot size
      Length of the leg
      Circumference of the hips
      Circumference of the waist
      Circumference of the chest
      And the circumference of the head

Thank you, this is very much appreciated!

6. Unless they've changed the bodies since they were last open, TF's have the same bodies as the AR Little Fair dolls.

If they have changed the bodies, I don't think anyone's gotten one yet.

7. Thank you, but I can't access the AR site and I've never seen their dolls in person. Could you give me an idea of their measurements?

8. There's a mass thread for measurements Here :daisy

But for convenience :
      (provided by twotone)
      Angel Region Little Fair:

Unfortunately, the measurements I took didn't match up with the measurements that Angel Region provided. :/ I hope I didn't measure them wrong...

Height: 44cm
      Head: 20 cm (AR says 19.9 cm)
      Neck: 8.2 cm (AR says 7.8 cm)
      Shoulders: 9 cm (AR says 6.5?! They must not be including the tops of the arms.)
      Chest: 18 cm (AR says 17.5 cm)
      Waist: 18 cm (AR says 15.2, but I think they're measuring the smallest part of his waist. The navel on the AR LF body is at the same place as his pelvis.)
      Hips: 19 cm (AR says 19.5)
      Waist to Crotch: 4.7 cm
      Shoulders to waist: 10.5 cm
      Arm length: 12 cm
      Arm circumference: 6 cm
      Wrist: 5 cm
      Leg Length: 17.5 (AR LF has the ball-joint attached to the leg rather than the foot, so if you include the ball-joint it's about 18 cm)
      Thigh circumference: 11 cm
      Ankle: 7 cm
      Foot length: 5.4 cm (AR says 5.8 )

Bonus: AR says that the hand-including thumb is 6.1 cm. Unfortunately they don't say whether that's the circumference or the length.

9. Thank you so much! I did a quick search, but I either missed it or didn't look back far enough. That should be extraordinarily helpful. Thanks again!

10. i realize that the international blue fairy site is supposedly opening sometime in the future with no set date in sight; but i'm impatient, as it has been a year of lusting over bjds and saving and in exactly one month i'll have enough cash, and i was wondering if there were any way i could order from the korean site or have someone else order from the korean site for me? i've skimmed ebay and the marketplace and so far i've only seen one tiny fairy may for sale so i don't think that's really an option. any advice or suggestions are welcome though and would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

11. There are a few Korean shopping services - Doya, I think, does stuff like that.

12. They've had a few Blue Fairys on YJ, but it's a game of patience again.

13. thanks, i'll keep a close eye on yj...but then again, i don't even know how to begin to bid on yj or who or what company that will do that for you is reliable. any info on that?

14. awesome! thanks...i'll look into them too.

15. You'll need a bidding service, there are quite a few, to name a few:

Crescent (that's what I use...)
      Shopping Mall Japan/SMJ
      Celga
      Rinkya

There are more....but that's who I can remember off the top of my head.

16. I was wondering if anyone knows if the new Blue Fairy dolls use a different/less yellow resin than the older doll. I really like the Tiny Fairy headmolds, but I didn't like the resin color in the photos of the older dolls I've seen. Thanks!

17. I've only gotten a new PF from BF, and the resin is quite different than my other PFs. It's a darker-toned resin with pinkish overtones where I would describe the other resin as a lighter-toned resin with yellowish overtones. It makes my new little PF look like a sun-tanned kid next to my other PFs. :daisy

18. Oooh, that sounds like it is more what I am looking for... thanks ^^

19. I ordered a batch of Pocket fairies, and also a body for my jerome.. It is pink.. not the same yellow color of the old blue fairies.. Such a pain..

Did anyone else notice the problem in resin color?

20. Hiya Rose,

I don't think it's so much a flaw as they switched to a new resin ^^;; It sort of makes sense because it's probably pretty similar to the new "Crystal normal" skin tone being used by AR. It's like, there is a subtle difference between Pureskin and Oldskin by Volks. The Oldskin, to me is a much more white color.

But yes the new color is REALLY different. It's true on all the new BF dolls. I actually really like the color though.