1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Mini (Tiny fairy) discussion Part 1

Jun 18, 2005

1. Here is a Blue Fairy Discussion thread (just a few threads below this one). It starts out with a question on what she can wear.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26826

I can add that there are two bodies for Bluefairy Tiny Fairy - an immature body and a mature body called the Blossom body.

Measurements of the Blossom body:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2670802&postcount=152

Blue Fairy boy standard body:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=136153&highlight=blue%2A#post136153

Sorry I cannot find the immature Blue Fairy girl's measurements.

Carolyn

2. What are your boy's measurements? Some boys can fit in Tonner Matt Suits. I think they are a bit loose on 43cm Narin - his measurements are here:
      http://www.dollfair.com/gallery6.htm

Here are some Blue Fairy boy measurements from DoA FAQ - this would probably be the standard body. No chest measurement though:
      Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy Boy:
      Height:43 cm
      Head: 7-8 inch wig
      Eyes:16-18 mm
      Chest: ?
      Waist: 6 in
      Across shoulders: 3.75 in
      Hips: 7.25 in
      Shoulder to waist: 3.5 in
      Arm (shoulder to wrist): 5 in
      Leg (waist to heel): 10 in
      Neck circ. : 2 7/8 in

For fur wigs look in the Marketplace and Dollmore.

Carolyn

3. Hey everyone!
      So, I was slogging through the Blue Fairy owner's thread trying to find an answer to this question, but the sheer size of it made my brain go mushy. So, I shall directly pose this question: What's going on over at Blue Fairy Japan? It seems that the face-ups for the tiny fairies are being redone, and the pocket fairies are imageless. Plus, there's no "special" option (as far as I can tell; I don't read Japanese). Is the company giving its dolls facelifts? I'm worried that Sarang, whom I'm saving for, will look different, and I won't like her O__O Unlikely, since I love the new look on the rest (especially Tommy, love!).
      I'd love to hear some info on this, thanks! :aheartbea

4. HI! >w< Sorry bronzephoenix, but I'm a little confused by what you are asking.
      BF Japan has only one option for the TFs, standard, which comes with what you see in the picture; the outfit, etc. I may be mistaken, but I believe BF JP is revamping [? the word] and that is why some of the pictures are missing. I don't really understand what you mean about the face lifts and Sarang.

5. If you in the US you might want to check Blue Fairy International - http://bluefairyint.com/index.php

I know they been backed up since the At Your Service And other ltd white skin dolls that were just released and they been adding a few new things to there web site so that might be it and I also hear the weathers been a little bad.
      I ordered 3 times from BF and the first two orders came in less then a month and the last order with my AYS boys took three in a half months to arrive. I was a little mad about the last order but then I received my AYS boys and seen them, the wait was well worth it, I think.

As for the Blue Fairy Japan Tiny Fairy being some what different is the clothes and the make up.
      Japans TF's come with the PJ's no shoes and the face up seem a little lighter and mature looking, IMO. I can't read Japanese also!:)

International TF's come with the school suit with shoes and the face up is younger looking,IMO.

You might want to post on BF's Q&A page and ask them also, they are pretty cool and will answer you.

Hope this helps!:)
      Good luck!:aheartbea

6. dragondavy1: Oh, so the Japanese and International fairies have always looked different? Wow, I didn't realize! Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't realize the Japanese and International had different outfits, also. I was wondering why the clothes were different on the International and Japanese sites. ^^;

7. The Japanese website has actually been like that for a while--I'm not sure what's going on, but I was always under the impression that Japanese people just bought from the main international site, as the japanese site is all in USD anyway and once when I was reading a Japanese BF owners' blog, I saw that she linked to the bluefairyint.com site instead of the bluefairyjp.com one.

The face-ups aren't actually that different, I think part of of the difference is in the lighting when the photographs were taken. I'm pretty sure they're all done by the same person (xiao); BlueFairy is known for being incredibly consistent.

dragondavy1 is right though--the Japanese says their version comes with the shirt, underwear, and socks. I've always found that slightly odd... :sweat

I guess that doesn't really help, but I'm not sure anyone on here is going to know. :huh?:

8. Hey there! I know there are a few of these very unique boys out there (and here on DoA) and I'm fortunate to own one of them. But I can't seem to find a lot of information on them, so I'd like to ask people to post what they know about Blue Fairy's limited Ed Elric, complete with automail (Jerome). I contacted Blue Fairy a while back and they couldn't offer me any information on him except that he was made by one of their suppliers and had no information about him. Some of the things I'd love to know:

1) Who distributed him?
      2) How many of them are there?
      3) When was he sold?
      4) What did he come with?
      5) Original price?

The seller that I bought him didn't have a lot of information about him except to say that he came with a fur wig (which was way too small) and some eyes. Anyone else have any more information to add?

Thanks so much!! :)

9. Its been a long time since he was released, and definitive info was really hard to come by even then... he was only released in Korea, and I used to know who the artist was but his site seems to be gone, so I don't know who it was anymore. I think there's 3 of them here on DOA...

IF I remember correctly, they were limited to either like 35 or 68... (weird numbers, I know).

I know they came with yellow glass eyes, because the ones mine has are the same as the ones another one I saw pictures of had... they may have come with a wig, but mine didn't, and I'm pretty positive they didn't come with the clothes. They had the basic BF Jerome face-up as their default, which is what mine still has. The resin is the old BF resin, not the pinkier stuff they have now... and the body has the pointy knees. (older body design, sculpted by Inheungsa and its the same one Angelregion uses, both with liscense... the knees were redone later.) Original price? I have no idea, but it was probably around 4-500 us dollars based on the price of MSDs at the time and his limited-ness.

I bought mine second or third hand or more, same as you... going price is anywhere from 600-1000, though its gone down a bit as the show has gotten older. I was sent a pattern for the Ed jacket some time ago, but I haven't made it. I can e-mail it to you if you like. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them, but like I said its been a looooong time (in dolly terms, like 5 years now?) since they were released, so information is even harder to come by than it was then. If anyone on the board speaks Korean then we could probably get a lot more info from a Korean doll board.

Oh, one last thing... I'm almost positive that they're not "official" liscensed merchandise... Not that it really matters due to the use of an existing/original head sculpt and limitedness.

Here's a few pictures of my Edward... I think I've posted these elsewhere before, but I'll post them here so that new-comers know what we're talking about. XD

[​IMG]
      Ed's obligatory box opening pics. This shows the body nicely.

[​IMG]
      Wearing the blonde wig I bought him and showing off his parts. He's wearing the original yellow eyes here.

[​IMG]
      Better shot of his face and eyes

[​IMG]
      Face shot with an AngelRegion Dana... both companies use the same basic body, so if you wanted to use a head other than Jerome (who I think works nicely), they're a possibility.

On a side note, he can stand on one leg due to the way his automail knee is constructed. I don't have pics of him doing this, but its easier for him even without sueding than it is for most dolls. Also, I believe he was the first ever modern BJD with double joints... even though its just the automail knee and elbow.

10. I have a Ed Elric Blue Fairy jerome and love him much! The faceup he came with from Blue Fairy was wrong for the character (he looked too girly) so he was re-done by Mel-Mel-Chan and now looks closer to Ed as he appeared in the early episodes of the series. My doll came with a wig, eyes, base faceup, a pair of leather hot pants (!) and Ed's classic red FMA jacket with his flamel symbol on the back!! I'd put up a picture of him except I am posting this note from work! I waited 2 YEARS to find one of these dolls for sale and the one I got I found cross-posted both here on DoA and on Ebay. And, NO, I am NOT going to sell him!!! He is my favorite dollie!!!!!!!!!

11. Some one wrote long time ago here on DOA that these Ed dolls were sold as a special edition with a magazine -or something like-, by the time of the release of the FMA anime series.

12. Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Ed's automail leg is actually shorter than his human leg. It makes it a bit awkward to stand plus his knee is the old style where it didn't have any sort of locking mechanism and liked to collapse when he stood. I wired my guy and now he stands really good. Also, his automail foot is much bigger than his human one, so he needs a wide shoe. I have 1 pair of Dollheart shoes and 1 pair of Volks boots that fit him well.

My guy still has his original, default face up, if you can see it under his wig. I did not receive his original eyes with him, so these are some gumdrops (16 mm).

Never seen any "official" photos of the Limited Bluefairy Jerome as Ed Elric but there are lots of photos of the regular Jerome here on DoA, ~Mello~.

13. Closed.

#413 ginarolo, Sep 23, 2011
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2021