1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Mini (Tiny fairy) discussion Part 1

Jun 18, 2005

1. I really like the new colour, too. Although I can imagine it being a pain if you bought a body for an older head, only to discover that it didn't match!

2. Well? ;_; Have they? I absolutely love this boy. Have people ordered him and he simply hasn't arrived yet? I -want- to see pictuuuures!

3. When I received Caleb, I was actually pleasantly surprised to find his skin more pink than the reputed yellowish tones BF is known for.

Later, we discovered that when put next to a Volks sunlight FCS (Kasita's Kun, Izak), Caleb was only 1-2 shades lighter than a sunlight. A very pleasant surprise, given scratches don't seem to show up half as much as a sunlight.

4. I really like the new resin color too. It's such a nice little pinky color, it's very similar to some of my Delf boys, actually.

It really is a HUGE difference though, I can see how that's causing problems for people who have the older heads/bodies looking to match with new parts. :/

5. I'm glad to hear BF has a new resin mixture. It looked different in the new website pictures. The old resin is just so yellow compared to that of other companies.
      Anyone with a new doll... is the resin texture different as well?
      Have to admit I'm a little disappointed I can't order a Kyle head for my Jerome now. :cry:

Rolopuppet, could I persuade you to post a picture of the new BF resin beside your old Jerome head? I'd really like to see a comparison of the two.

6. I'm not noticing a huge difference in the texture... the older one seems a slight bit smoother, but that could just be my doll. ^^

7. This is awful! I was planning to get a blossom body for my AR Ami head since the olds were supposed to match, but if the resin's changed..... Well.. maybe I'll get lucky, or be able to blush her head to match. Darn!

8. I snapped a quick comparison shot in case anyone's interested...

[​IMG]
      Old Blue Fairy / New Blue Fairy / Angelregion Crystal Rose White Skin / Angelregion Crystal Normal Skin

Hope that can help someone. :daisy

9. Well, I have ordered Kyle. He should be leaving from Korea towards Finland next week (on the ninth, so they say) so soon I'll get to take pictures of him. And I'll sure be postig pictures here, in the gallery. ^__^

10. oh, wow. The resin-colour is really different. :0
      I didn't even realise the old skin-colour was so yellow. It really shows when it's next to the new resin. Damn.
      well, I should be getting my second BF-doll next week, so I'll be having one yellow and one pink family-member. XD;; gnh..hopefully it doesn't look too bad in pictures. Darn, I can't even upgrade my Jerome's body&head since he also still has the old basic make up (which I love too much and which I cannot get anymore).
      Well...I'll be taking comparison shots if anyone wants to see. ^^;

11. I will probably sell either the Jerome head and/or the new body.. Have to see if any of my CP kid heads work with the new body..

I do agreee though that the new resin is really nice.. and the knee joints are much better scuplted than the old ones. (the don't have points sticking out when the knees are bent)

Still, I think the BF face molds are so nice.. I have a Xiao, with older blossom body, a Sarang, and now a new May head and old Jerome head with a new body body..will have to figure out who stays and who goes.

12. Yay! :3 Looking forward to it! ^^

13. That is very good to know...it was something I always thought looked really odd on the older BF and AR LF bodies.

14. We have Amandine (Angel region crystal normal skin head) on a BF blossom body. When we first got it, the resin seemed a very different color, much more peach, but the resin is the exact same color as her blushing, so though there is a difference, it is not troublesome to us.

with the difference visible:

http://www.bishink.org/childofglass/temp/blossom11.JPG

Not so visible:
      http://www.bishink.org/childofglass/stories/bubbles04.JPG

we've gotten used to it quickly so we don't even really notice it anymore in person.

There are more resin comp shots of her with the BF body in the LJ post with test photos: http://www.livejournal.com/users/aramis_d/14248.html

Also, if you wanted an exact match, I inquired on AR's Q&A if they would be developing a mature girl body, and they said yes. It probably will not be for some time, though.

15. I really like the colour of the new resin but i'm sorry for anyone who was hoping for a match!

16. I also took a picture of an old PF (Choco) with a new PF (Peter) which shows the color difference rather well:

[​IMG]

Hope this helps for those who want a comparison.

EDIT: Oh and for those curious, I bought a BF TinyFairy wig for my MSD and it does fit. It's a little tight on MSD Ken, but he has one of the bigger Volks MSD head sculpts. (I bought the wig for my future F06)

I'll try to get a picture, but if anyone was curious, they will fit.

17. I really like the new resin color, myself. It's really pretty in person. But I can see how it might be causing problems for others.

18. Oh gosh, is there anyway I could persuade you to take comparison pics of Jerome's and Kyle's profile when you get him?

19. Yes, sure. No worries. ^__^ I was thinking of taking comparisons when he gets here, so profile-pic fits right there with them. ^^

20. Wow! Thanks to everyone who posted comparison pictures. That's quite a different color in resin. I'm a little surprised there is so much difference, but I'm happy to hear the sculpting has been improved. Those BF knees bother me too. :oops: