1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Mini (Tiny fairy) discussion Part 1

Jun 18, 2005

1. Well, I have a BlueFairy Tommy with the newer resin and it's not really shiny. ^^ My U's resin is shinier than my Tommy's so if it's the shininess that gets you, the BlueFairy body is fine. In fact, the only complaint I have of the BlueFairy body is that it's really hard for him to keep a pose, unlike my U's amazing ability to hold poses. ^^; But it's not really that much of a deal because I love the way he automatically stands a bit tilted as if he's shy... <333 (Also, his poseability may be helped by a little re-stringing... I haven't tried changing his strings yet so I don't really know...)

For resin matches for the new resin, I'm not really sure. (I'm sorry... I didn't pay much attention to the resin matches during the past meet-up but we're having a meet-up this monday so maybe I can come back here? ^^) The only thing I can say is that the new resin is more pinky-flesh, unlike the old resin. Maybe it can match other bodies if you do some blushing? (I'm not sure. I haven't tried doing any major modifications on mine...)

I'm sorry if I can't help more than that now. If you can wait, I can take a better look on monday during the meet-up and post here afterwards. ^^ The only thing I can answer for sure is that DoD doesn't match BlueFairy and even if I don't mention it, it's already obvious... ^^;; So sorry...

P.S. I know, this is not much help also but... I REALLY like Keran's (my BF Tommy) resin color. ^^

[EDIT] I forgot to say that Tommy has one of the most cutest and nicest headmolds out there but he's also one of those dolls that you don't see much here (I've always wondered why...) so Keran and I are hoping that you also get a Tommy. ^^v (No pressure though... ^_^)

2. how are these cute lil guys? ^^ ! im probibly going to buy one . depending if i like girl dolls or boy dolls but i'll deal with that when i know which sex i like better. i already have and SD and going to get an SD13. so i thought to my self "minis are sure popular! i think i'll buy one of them too ^^ !" i just love blue fairy dolls so i was wondering how they are working for you ^^! i've never had or held a msd before. so im very curious now ^^ !

3. I'm planning on getting a MSD. I'm 1.5/3 of the way there. :)
      They are cute, aren't they? n n<3
      They are supposedly much smaller than SDs and SD-13, plus less expensive.

4. I have a TF Niky and I love him!!! He's so amazingly cute. He is strung a little too tightly, but I don't think it'll be a problem once I loosen the strings. :)

5. PrincessEv- ya they are so cute! i cant resist them!! o yay and your almost there! dont worry just keep at it ^^ ! im wondering if they are to scale with volks msd?

ready2rokk- hehe niky!~ he looks like a mischivious lil chap! i love his eyes too! really pretty green color! im not sure weather to get another girl or boy. i was going to see which i like better. but since my boy isnt here yet im just researching a head of time ^^! so far im liking saarang and tommy ^^ !

6. This thread might help, if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41667&highlight=Blue+fairy

In my opinion, BF dolls are very user-friendly. I used to have a Jerome, and he was the least tempermental doll I've ever had out of the dolls I used to own/currently own. And they are cute. Cute bodies, cute faces. ^_^

edit for more: As for scale with MSD, they are not quite the same. They are the same height, but BF dolls seem a little older to me. They are skinnier, at any rate.

7. scarlet- o thanks i didnt see that post! o ic! i wonder what clothes would fit them then. hmm~i'll have to do some more research ^^!

8. ok thanks so much! i'll check those links out!

9. I have a Hewitt and two Blue Fairy boys. I actually think Hewitt looks a bit older, but that's probably due to his face up. It's kind of hard to desribe, but I feel like Levi (my Hewitt) has a lot more of a physical presence than my two BlueFairy boys. I think this might have something to do with the BF body sculpt being so slender.

BlueFairy makes some of my favorite headsculpts. Good luck if you decide to go for one of their dolls!

10. I have a BF Blossom body for my girl and I LOVE it except one thing.... I really don't like her elbow joints. Her arms are USELESS. I can never get them to pose right. They don't stay bent further in than a 90 degree angle. (In other words, she can't touch her face without being all bow-armed.) Maybe she's just not strung right, I donno, but it drives me nuts.

Other than that, their sculpts are beautiful (especially the hands) and the rest of the body poses wonderfully. Especially her waist joint. It has a lot more mobility than Volks dolls. She poses very naturally.

Even with my frustration with the elbows, I think Blue Fairy is a good choice!
      - Megan

11. cloverfirefly- ah i wish i can get a Hewitt~ he's so cute! anyway! haha! ya i heard the blue fairies are slimer than the volks msd. but since i dont have a msd i cant really compair ^^;;. ya and i just love their heads! im wondering if it will look weird if i bought the head and put it on a msd body?

wonton- hmm you know what? my SD megu cant touch her face either(she can tough her head but not her face). can your ken touch his face? maybe its the stringing?

12. Oh yeah, I forgot about the arm thing...it might just be stringing, or maybe some sueding/wiring will help? Well, both of my current dolls (Little Junior Ai and SD boy) can't touch their face either.

And Blue Fairy heads are kind of round and big. So it'll probably look fine on an MSD body. Though it might look weird if you care about resin colors.

13. The resin colors are really different. BlueFairy resin is a lot more pink. I love both resin colors, but they are very, very different. Sculpt-wise, they'd probably look fine together.

14. Here is what I mean:
      [​IMG]
      (The little angry face is how I feel about it. Haha.)

The shape of the joint is square and covers the ball joint. So it has really limited poseability in my opinion. Volks MSDs have a rounded joint that's not covering the ball joint so much and poses wonderfully.

As for saying she can't touch her face, that was completely irrelevant and I don't remember why I even mentioned it because it's true that my Ken can't touch his face either. Haha. I usually visit this forum really late at night... Sorry for the confusion. :blush

- Megan

15. scarlet- o ok! ya i was going to wire my dolls anyway ^^!~ ya and from reading what the others say i dont think any of the dolls can touch their faces. at least i dont think so ^^;;. o ya haha ok probibly wont do the volks and bluefairy combo then. ya the colorings would look weird together.

cloverfirefly- ya i probibly wont buy the head and volks body then. i dont want him/her to look weird. thanks for the input!

wonton- oo i see what you mean! ya when i got my megu i kindda felt she was really limited to posing! i was bumbed about that T.T ! o and thats ok i write weird things too whem im in need of sleep @.@

16. I have a blue fairy Emilie and I absolutely love her. She seems to pose well for me and is very photogenic. The only problem I have is with her wig falling off at odd times, but that is easily fixed.

17. xwillowelfx- thanks for your comment ^^ ! and im very glad they pose well! i see pictures with peoples dolls doing really interesting poses that i know my megu cant do. so im happy to hear that ^^ ! sqee!~ im excited! now all i have to do is see if i want another girl or boy ^^;;

18. I have a tiny fairy xiao girl and I love her to bits. She's just about the most poseable doll I've ever had. Highly recommended.:)

19. I ordered a BF Niky as my first doll since I've only heard good things. H'es not shipped yet but I'm sure he'll be worth it. They're also fast to reply on the site if you have any questions.