1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. @VampireAngel13

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing the head. I saw a couple on Instagram and faceupped already which was surprising as well

2. Oh wow that is surprising! I'm used to waiting longer for a new head lol
      I won't be able to faceup mine any time soon though. No time and it's been freezing or below for weeks. :P
      Plus I don't have a body for him yet. But at least I can try him on the ones I have so I can decide what to get (hopefully Dollshe lol)

3. Congrats! hope to see it very soon

Also i want to share with you one photo from the project i recently finished. i have two more photos from that project on my instagram, it's just with another doll:XD:
      [​IMG]

4. Thank you! I am picking him up today at the PO during my lunch. I am even more excited, because I can afford to get him a body!! So after I try him on everything I own, I might be able to snag something for him right away. Fingers crossed. No clue what he'll work on.

Wow your boy is gorgeous! I love seeing what everyone has done with the Death heads.

5. so quickly! and what body are you planning for him?

Thank you ^^ i'm also in love with Death sculpt and love to see other people's ideas!

6. Too quick. That wasn't my package. It was my Ringdoll White Rabbit! (that I never got a shipping notice for). I saw China on the slip and assumed it was Dual since that was only thing I was expecting! so I am still waiting. But that's ok. I have a doll I wasn't ready for instead XD
      I'm hoping he'll fit on a Dollshe body. Of the 70cm range, they and Dollmore are my favorites, but it's easier and less expensive to go Dollshe. I have....5? Dollshe hybrids. Oh maybe four, I forget one is a full DS. I am planning on making two more, in addition to Dual XD at least everyone could share clothes!

In love with Death sounds like a HIM song XD

EDIT: I got him! I haven't managed to try him on bodies yet, hopefully tonight so I can start shopping!

#266 VampireAngel13, Dec 12, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    7. Oh hey! Looks like Legend Doll has a promotion going on where Universe Doll nude dolls and bodies are 40% off! And it's running until Feb 16! :o I was always going to order the body early next year, but this has definitely given me the push I need to do it.

Legend Doll doesn't have all the hand options on their site, though, and I wanted to get the S9 hands as well as the body...but it can't hurt to ask if I could buy the hands through them anyway.

#267 bickazer, Dec 28, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 28, 2018

8. Let us know what they say! I love universe doll hands!!!

9. Got my reply! They actually listed the hands on the website for me (though the pictures are wrong :XD:). The hands aren't included in the 40% off special, but that's what I expected. I assume if you just ask they'll list whichever hands you want. :3nodding:

10. That's awesome, thank you for letting me know!! Shame they aren't on sale, but oh well

11. @Xila I feel that even without the sale, the price of the hands is quite reasonable; they're cheaper than they are on Stacy's, for one thing (probably not as cheap as on Taobao, but still). And with such a big discount already the body ended up being only $300, so all in all I think I got a pretty good deal. Yep, I already made my order! :3nodding: They told me it might take 3-4 months, possibly longer because of the lunar new year. Not sure what Universe Doll's usual wait times are, but I'm fine with waiting however long it takes.

12. I'm not sure whether to take this opportunity to snap up Jonas or the new elf girl. HMMM. At least there's a lot of time to decide. Has anyone seen any owner pics of Jonas?

13. The body I ordered for my Dual head came yesterday! It has to be modded for him to fit perfectly (but half my hybrids have modded necks so that's a 5 minute job.....) but I love the proportions. Now all I need is the weather to be not in the negatives and not snowing or raining or maybe not freezing either for a change. So sometimes in april I might be able to work on him! XD *sadness*

14. Congrats @VampireAngel13
      Hehehe, that is the same boat I am in. It feels like I've been waiting to do a faceup for ages already! :eusa_pray

15. @Lady Ravenswood thanks! And yep. I have a shelf of dolls that are blank and ready for faceups. It's agony.

16. Same. The line is starting to get LOOOOOONG. :lol:
      And weirdly (since I almost never blush them) I've been itching to blush hands on my dolls. Must be patient. Must be patient. Hehe.

17. So, at the last minute I decided to order two of the SW3 bodies. I wanted to be a bit adventurous, and ordered them directly from an official taobao dealer.

18. Ok, so I think I need a little bit of help from actual owners before finally placing my order. I‘d like to purchase the 3 part torso body for a certain head that just arrived.
      The color of the head is described as „a peach yellow that is supposed to match with Volks NS and older soom NS“...
      In fact, it really has a kinda yellow touch and therefore I was thinking about ordering the body in the yellow resin-color.
      I just fear that the yellow resin might be too pale or even more white than yellow, so I wanted to ask if someone here could do a resin comoarison for me? I would be so happy!

19. the head of my Death is yellow. it it not pale, it's more ivory yellow and it's clearly darker than US normal skin. my friend has an old soom, maybe i can ask her to help me with pic if no one will help you by that time. also i have to say that i do not recommend the 3rd part torso body. well, maybe other owner found out how to deal with waist joint, but as for me it's impossible to use at all. i have to say it's not the body i use for my boy, my friend with old soom has full US doll with 3 part torso and we spent couple days, trying to glued with hot glue, restring etc, but it doesn't help. After all she glued waist joint forever with superglue. maybe actual owners can advise you something else though