1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. @Gamine - i have a SW3 with an IOS Jaguar head on it. i think the overall height will depend on the head you select, and where the neck sits inside. Jag is a 21.5cm circumference head though.

The SW3 with Jag's head on, is exactly 72cm at the highest dome of his head.
      The inseam is 37cm, but where you put the tape may matter because of his package. 37cm is what the listing gave as leg length: huh right? i wouldn't have guessed that.
      outside of the leg, from bottom of heel to the edge where the pelvis part ends is 40cm, maybe 40.5 - the rounded parts are tough to measure. i measured the side and not the "top" of the leg.

hope that helps! it's a super nice body, it poses amazing and is very realistic. many of my other heads work on it too.

2. Hi! Can anyone help me out and tell me what body this is? I bought him secondhand and have zero actual information other than that he's normal skin apparently. It came with a head that I bought so I know nothing. It looks 70cm but the page I found said 63 so honestly I don't even know if that's right. x.x I already bought him a 65cm body to replace it but if its 63.5 i might feel a bit like a clown

[​IMG]

3. Thank you! I'm glad I asked. The only clue I had was that it came in a Universedoll box.

Omg its huge, of course it's giant. I've had a 70cm before and that was way too big for me so I can't imagine this. I'm really glad i picked up another body for him now x.x

4. Ahhh, thank you for all this great information!! I'm so grateful that you took the time to do those measurements for me. Looks like this body is going to be perfect for my hybrid plans, I'm thrilled! Now I just have to decide when to order and where to order from... and how many of the pretty hand gestures I want...

5. @Gamine - i am so sorry - got totally mixed up i had tried to buy the SW3 but received the SW2 - i had it backwards, mine looks like the one in Chriandra's picture. so sorry for the confusion!!!!!

the SW3 has the "lung" like seam at the torso, and mine does not. but, i honestly thought they all were almost the same dimensions.

#386 Grimalkin, Dec 29, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    6. Depending on what head you put on it the height ranges from 71 to 71.5cm, the inseam from the bottom of the foot to the crotch is 37.5cm.

7. No problem, thanks so much for clarifying! Yeah, I think that the dimensions are pretty similar on all of the bodies. I was leaning toward the SW3 because I hoped that it might be slightly shorter than the other two models, based on a dimension diagram posted on Clover-Singing. I'm loving this company's sculpts so much that I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more than one of the various bodies, so it's all helpful information!!

You're a lifesaver!! Thank you so much for these measurements!

8. i hear you there! i want more of them too, and THOSE HANDS.... aaaaa maybe one day :lol:

9. Ooooooh, my Universedoll body just shiiiiiiped! So excited. :dance

10. So, I went ahead and ordered the SW3 body. I can't wait to see it in person!

@Lady Ravenswood Is that the order that you mentioned placing in November? That shipped pretty quickly! Congrats!!

11. @Gamine
      Ooh, nice. :thumbup
      And yes! It's still stuck in shipping but it was quick! I'm so excited for it to arrrriiiiiiiive. :celebrate

12. @Lady Ravenswood Hope it's a fast and safe journey and you receive it soon!! I have a body (unrelated to this thread) stuck in shipping right now as well, and I'm so excited and impatient I'm nearly climbing the walls :whee:

13. The body arrived today! :sumomo:

It's so gorgeous and I just love the texture of the fresh resin. Hehe.
      Ok, I have to say, I am totally sold on the jointed hands. They are amazing. Delicate, yet they hold their pose REALLY well. I'm super impressed!

I'll have to wait a few days with the body sitting so that I can put the head on so I don't mess up my shoulders, but I'm soooo excited to see him all together!!! :aheartbea

14. @Lady Ravenswood YES!! So exciting! Can't wait to eventually see what you're putting together. The Universedoll jointed hands looked a little skeletal to me in the product photos, but after reading your positive first impressions of them, I wonder if I'll end up regretting the different pair that I chose instead!

15. @Gamine
      I can understand the association. The fingers are very long and slender. Mine are even in their whitest resin color. :sweat

Actually, the slenderness of the fingers was something I was very interested to see on the jointed hands. The non-jointed fingers seem so slender already! I wondered if they would be thicker on the jointed hands, but laying them over the top of the default hands they are almost exactly the same. Really remarkable. (I think the pinky finger is actually thinner!)

I think it is totally an aesthetic preference thing, and each person has their own taste. Definetly pick the hands that you enjoy. :thumbup
      I just happen to really like the slender fingers because I find them graceful. But I also really like skeletons so... :lol:

16. Hope to see some body and hand pics soon :). Congrats!!

17. i dream of their hands... is it true you have to order with the doll?

18. They once sold hand sets separately, @Grimalkin , but that was back when they only had a few dolls (it was the hands that released with this guy). I'd ask a dealer. I'm eventually going to make the same query, so I'd like to know if they still sell just hands!

19. Christina has a separate listing for the jointed hands... seems like it's possible to order separately with her.