1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. :sweat lol enabler indeed - curse or blessing... that's the question :lol:

was i having a waking dream or am i remembering correctly that someone said Mori 9 sculpted a couple of the new heads for Universe Doll?

2. Mori 9? I never heard of them- I need to look at some of their work. I wonder how many sculptors they had at UD.

3. hmm, maybe not then... my brain can be an odd space :whee:
      i thought all of UD's were one person too. they still do a lot of faceups so maybe i just got confused from that on instagram :sweat
      i really love their style, i like BaiHu and CangLang, Fengniao, Hot and De'ath... sigh. and all of the unique fantasy ones... how to choose...

4. Mori9 sculpted Canglang/Blue Wolf and Bailu/White Fox. Usually Moir9 sculpts and releases their own dolls.

5. thank you so much @idrisfynn , those are the ones i thought :thumbup i just couldn't figure out where i saw it.

6. Yeah, I was so sad I missed out on Mori9's release of Veles I've been considering Bailu as a consolation... My wife actually inquired about whether the Mori9 heads could be purchased separately during this sale and the answer was no. Those two have to be purchased as full dolls per the agreement between Universe and Mori.

7. oh wow, good to know. that new larger scale body they are on is interesting to me as well... sort of in-between ID72 & 75 for my bigger necked floating heads, i might be having trouble talking myself out of it... ---my wallet weeps--- :lol:

8. Ahh I just looked at some of Mori 9’s work, yes it’s incredible :D i love their faceup style too.

9. Hmm, I've been eyeing the Huayue, Fengniao, and Blind Butterfly head's for a while, but I really don't need any more floating heads.:sweat I'm finally making progress with the ones I have.

10. Psst, wanna trade some pictures?
      My Fengniao for Baihu? I'd love to see some pictures of him in a non-factory faceup!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. @Angelesk I might have to get a Fengniao now :chibi Those lips are just irresistible :whee: I haven’t seen the hands up close of the UD body, the fingers are so long and lovely.

12. He has some very long fingers, sometimes I think that they're almost alien-like :XD: (and I really need to clean them off, I noticed that they have white resin residue on them) His lips are what SOLD me though! The Huayue sculpt seems to have those same lips too! I'm a sucker for a good pout.

13. This is why I've been eyeing them both. Those liiiiiippppssss! XD

14. I saw that you were looking at the Blind Butterfly too! I have been looking at that one as well, but could never find many owner pictures of him. I found one (I think) on Instagram, and that was pretty much it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of them floating around.

I also tried my luck with ordering Veles and Austaras through Mori9 directly, but nothing came of that. :sweat

15. I could never find photos of Blind Butterfly either! I remember asking when he came out if there were any pictures without the paper butterflies...but they said no. I'd be very excited to see what he looks like!

16. @Cloudedmind Don't tempt me with those sales on Cloversinging. I seriously CAN'T :crushed I would be in so much trouble. With the sheer amount I have spent on dolls this year alone, I could probably have a pretty nice used car.
      @Lady Ravenswood It's up to you! :XD:

But does he come with the Butterflies? I feel like they should have taken more pictures without those. I get it...he's the blind butterfly...but like..we need to see his face?

17. Haha, I have been called out! But alas, I am saving, saving, saving for a certain doll already and no distractions! :chomp: