1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. I can’t make an order on their Etsy shop.... why???? :...(

2. Hello people :evilplot:
      i'm eyeing this company since a long while, sadly several issues with my health and also the renovation of condo :vein took me away from the hobby for an entire year, even more :huh?:
      I just love the company and also the easthetics of its bjd's dolls, i just love more De'ath over other sculpts. May i ask a question @americanseamstress? The human De'ath head does have teeth? I have a soft spot for teeth and i never noticed before, but in your hybrid pic looks like he has it. Can you please let me know? :whee:

3. @$abbatha

Unfortunately, I added the teeth to the human De'Ath head myself. (Internally, however, I'm fist-pumping because somebody mistook it for part of the artist's original sculpt!) I used the tutorial here on DoA for removable teeth. It's super easy and not terribly risky for a dremel mod--all the drilling is from the inside where it won't show.

[​IMG]

However, Alsop, human version, has a place for teeth (although they'd be painted on). His sculpt is similar to De'Ath, but the chin is pointier, the jaw is somewhat less pronounced, and his eyes are slightly smaller.

4. Thanks for the link to tutorial, it's a shame that De'ath human hasn't teeth itself, right now i'm not in the mood to try modding and such :sweat, but turns handy anyway and thanks for the info :)

5. Ah, I see, that's what's going on. I wonder why it closed? Well, I hope the move goes well and hopefully the 25% sale will still be going on in the ebay shop?

6. Oh! Thank you so much for that information, Prinsessen!

7. @DianNguyen

Definitely wait for Ebay if you're really worried, but if you are considering Taobao, I'd go with it--I've had pretty good luck. (The turnover for UniverseDoll's official store also seems faster than the Etsy was at 7-9 days until delivery from dealer.)

8. I found a logistic company, so they can help me order from taobao with an acceptable fee.
      I have cheaper price than order from another website because my country is near China. I hope i can make an order fastly.

9. @DianNguyen

Taobao is cheaper for me in the US as well—even with the double shipping fee. It is just scary to some who can’t speak or read Mandarin (not that I can either).

10. Do you use shipping service from a logistic company? In my country, their staffs can read Chinese as well.
      Anyway, i have to use google translate to understand their check list on products. It is not so difficult.
      I am worry about my doll can be broken. Some loading staffs throw packages so hard...... This is my nightmare :(

11. @DianNguyen
      I use a bit more than a logistics company, although I think a logistics/shipping service is a second alternative service which is offered by the Taobao agent I use. (I use an agent instead.) They make the order, communicate any questions I have to the Taobao shop by translating them from my English to Mandarin, and then send me photos when it arrives to their warehouse.

However, the agent also offers a logistic-style service which only allows you to use their warehouse for a cheaper price. But you do not get the added advantage of a translator to ensure that your order is correct (who can ask specific questions of the Taobao shop.

The services are very similar.

12. :dance I got a shipping notification for my zacharias last night! I was wondering if there'd be any issues because of the etsy shop closing (and that's how I ordered) but luckily not. Fast too, since I ordered on January 20th. It only took about a month and some change for a full doll, even with Chinese New Year.

13. Oh it is so fast!!! I can’t wait longer
      I changed my order from Doll zone to Us becase dz have long waiting time (4-6 months). My friend ordered SD body of dollzone before me, so i wanted wait her body to have directly review from her.
      Btw, doll zone is still in my wishlist, after us doll.

14. i've ordered from taobao dealer. i'm from Ukraine, it got for me very quickly, but i have to admit that package wasn't really good. just thin plastic box, head inside wrapped with several layers of bubbles-wrap only -_-

15. Was your doll still safe? Now I am serious worry because my agency uses shipping by road, not by airplane... (Sorry my bad English). :eek:

16. i have only head and it was wrapped in a plastic box only. it got safe but i think it depends from Postal service. Lot's of people said that Etsy shop send well packed heads

17. My 1/3rd scale head arrived from AnatomyTools. I purchased it for Petra, my UniverseDoll De'Ath, because I think it fits with the cadaver aesthetic.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. @americanseamstress love your concepts, so incredibly stunning :thumbup:
      What you've done onto backplate of De'ath head? Looks interesting! :aeyepop: