1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular/Unknown BJD Doll Company

Feb 7, 2014

1. I'm sorry if there is a similar thread like this. If so, please feel free to delete this, thank you :)

Although I'm fairly new in owning a BJD, I have already known quite a lot popular doll company. Now I just wanted to see a doll company who is only know by handful people, not much having that company doll and so on. I don't care if it made in China, only sell in Taobao, limited, or made by one person only. As long as that doll is quite rare that no much people even know that company even exist (if possible lol)
      The reason is I wanted to support the company if their doll is really beautiful and under appreciated, also maybe I can find a sculpt that I really love more than the popular company. So thank you very much if you do know one and share to me :)

2. I'm not sure about any company that's nearly a secret, but I think BlueBlood Doll is so underrated! They've been around for a few years, but still aren't really popular. I own all 4 BBD sculpts, one of their Gen-X sculpts and two Jie dolls from them, and I love them all! Jie doll is sold through BBD, and also doesn't get enough love, IMO.

Another that was practically unheard of a year ago, but is gaining slightly more popularity is Magical Angel. They're affordable, pose well, have nice resin, great service and lots of options, as well as doing custom colors and sculpts.

3. I know there aren't a lot of DollPamm dolls around, and the work there is, to my understanding, all done by a single person. He hasn't been open for English orders for too terribly long, and has only done a couple of ordering periods, so it's hard to say if the low numbers are due to a lack of knowledge or a lack of availability, but I think his sculpts are some of the more unique ones I've seen, and was constantly watching for his ordering period to start again so I could put in an order for one of his girls.

4. I have one that turned out to be a bit like that... My Patiya, from Fect-Doll. So far I haven't come across anyone else here who has a doll from that company.

5. Thank you everyone for recommending names that I haven't heard yet. If anyone know others, please tell me more.
      For now, I'm going to check all the sites :)

6. Many companies are one-man studios. Even the popular ones only have a handful of employees. :). Just saying.

My own company is pretty unknown, but I don't like to toot my own horn. Have you looked at Shinydoll?. This one-man studio has been around since forever, but I don't see many of his sculpts out there.

Personally, I love RSDoll (formerly Raurencio).

For a good website that covers all BJD companies out there, I'd like to refer you to BJD Collectasy. They are a news website, where all new releases are reported immediately. Not just the big companies, but the small too.

7. I don't know if they count as 'unknown', but I do know they are a one-person studio: The Mushroom Peddler

I just love the huge variety of sculpts, and how different they are to most company's dolls. I really regret missing out on their tiny bee sculpt, because it's just gorgeous!

8. KAPPA
      Sweet gale
      they have one but very cute head Plastic moon
      if talk about unpopular. i can say that it's hard to believe, but HZdoll are really unpopular, in spite of the fact that Heise is quite well known person among anime/digital art\BL lovers.

9. Pluto Dolls is my favourite small company. I have half of their sculpts now and I've been happy with every purchase, their customer service is great and the dolls are beautiful.

10. Yeah, Plastic Moon needs more love!

11. I've got the Bee! It came with my Mushroom Peddler Blue Willow, which I bought from Sarah at the BJDC (Austin TX) 2012. :D

For very unknown single doll-artists, there's Joanne Callander Dolls.
      Her Page: http://www.callanderdolls.com/site_size/Joanne_Callander_Dolls.html
      I bought one of her 2012 Centaur Girls and the CCBJD Con, where she had a table... but it doesn't look as if she's updated anything since then... which is too bad, as her work is lovely.

Pretty rare, to me is RamCube / Rapa's Factory. There are only a few of their dolls represented on DoA.

--one of them is mine! -- My Black Leopard Kyle, full-set --
      [​IMG]13-12-DollyDreams_4322 by aprilllee, on Flickr

#11 april, Feb 8, 2014
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    12. I'm not sure how popular they are but Ringdoll and Impldoll are great companies. They've had customer service problems but are otherwise fantastic.

13. I have dolls from two fairly unknown makers.

The first is OziN5. They have made a boy head Emon, and two girl heads, Bellis and Cindy. They seem to only have Cindy listed for sale at the moment. I'm not sure how limited they are/were. My Bellis doesn't have a face-up yet, but DoA member AzureFantoccini posted her girl Emon.

The other is White Luster. They have made one head called Sylva, released in a tan and pale skin color with magnetic horns. They were a limited release and are sold out, I bought mine second-hand.

Another "unknown" maker is Ianthedolls, from Hungary. Everything I know is on that site, which is next to nothing. I've been admiring his sculpt Maja for some time.

#13 idrisfynn, Feb 9, 2014
      Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    14. Wow, thank you everyone for the nice recommendation. Haven't found my dream sculpt yet but all of these companies is nice.
      Hope everybody who read this thread will check them out, all of them need more love :)

15. Haliengen seems quite unknow to me, love some of their sculpts, never seen any around except at LDoll.

16. I have also discovered them during Ldoll! And I just ordered Nana. I super eager to receive her! :fangirl:

17. There are quite a few newer, unknown companies, especially now that there are more artists outside of Asia who are jumping in on the hobby. Some of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I have to give a shout out to Misterminou Doll who just released their first MSD doll. I had the pleasure of one of them staying with me for a while(to make an outfit)and they are just wonderful! They pose very well and the sculpt is really well done. Another one I really like is Once Upon a Doll, they just started but their dolls look so ethereal and beautiful <3

18. I had never heard of Rickydoll until I found a Helios head on the marketplace and fell madly in love. I have only ever seen a couple of Ricky's dolls around as they are quite rare. Ricky is a one person manufacturer and only does small limited runs of each doll.
      This is my Ricky boy Julian:

[​IMG]

I also agree with xatshe that HZ dolls are pretty uncommon too and they are gorgeous too:)

19. http://saintbloom.com/ are really underappreciated, and their dolls are gorgeous too.

There's tonnes of tiny sole-artist companies out there :) I'll second the love for PlasticMoon (Teru is gorgeous, and the upcoming Mr Kitty is a delight) and Freakstyle as well.

20. There aren't a lot of followers for Dream High Studio, but their work is phenomenal. Those who do have their dolls love them and simply rave about them. I'm not sure why they aren't more popular.