1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Usagi Hime (wig company) Feedback

Jan 7, 2012

1. I wanted to post this thread to invite other people who have ordered products from Usagi Hime to review the products and ordering experience. I do not have any affiliation with the wig maker/ company, I am just a fan of the wigs!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Answer:

* What did you order?

* When did you order?
      *How easy was it to order?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How was the communication?

* How long did it take to ship/arrive?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Answers:

* What did you order?
      1 silver + dark grey wig, 1 bright red wig, 1 maroon wig with grey streak (these were all similar style, medium length with long pieces underneath), 1 short grey wig, all size 8-9
      * When did you order? October 2011
      *How easy was it to order? Well, it was hard to find wigs I wanted that were not sold out. It took a month of browsing the site every couple days for things I wanted to be re-stocked. Also take note that things seem to sell out very quickly. The rest of the ordering process was easy. * How easy was it to pay? Very.
      Good.
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? It took the wigs about 3 weeks to ship (even though they were supposedly in stock), and they arrived about a week later through EMS
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The wigs themselves are much less expensive than other companies, so yes, definitely. Same quality as other companies that use heat-resistant fiber at a lower cost.
      Sort of. The colors were very true to the images. The wigs will have no styling to them when they arrive though! Because they are heat-resistant you are expected to style them yourself. Remember that when you look at company photos which shows the wigs after they've been styled.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, if I was in need of more wild colored cosplay styled wigs for my dolls. :D
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, from someone in my own country, if it would save me on shipping costs, or if I found a wig that I could never manage to get from the company (always sold out).

I hope that was helpful to anyone considering buying from Usagi Hime! I highly recommend these wigs if you are willing to wait.

2. *What did you order? Two different wigs at two different times. One was an SD wig, the other an MSD wig.
      * When did you order?
      One wig two years ago (late 2010), another wig Fall 2011 (around August).
      *How easy was it to order? Super easy, just stuck 'em in my cart.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paid with Paypal, easy there too.
      * How was the communication? I didn't need to contact Usagihime for any reason, but she emailed me letting me know that my order was placed, and that they shipped.
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? Shipping and arrival was quick. Like, no more than three weeks for both orders. I don't remember the exact time frames, sorry, but I was quite satisfied.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. They are very nice wigs, I'd say.
      Yes, much closer than say, Leeke. No extra styling was required.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely. I hope she expands her MSD-size collection!
      Yes, if they are in good condition.

3. *What did you order? 4 SD-sized wigs
      * When did you order? Early 2010.
      *How easy was it to order? Easy. I contacted UsagiHime through PMs and told her what I wanted, since the website was still mostly not in English at that time. It's even easier now, though.
      * How easy was it to pay? Used Paypal.
      * How was the communication? Very good, very clear and friendly.
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? Shipping seemed pretty quick to me.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Quality is good. Price is good. The wigs arrived nicely in clear boxes. And they also came with a free wig brush.
      Yes, very much.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! I was very Happy.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

4. * What did you order? Several wigs - all in the 9-10 size and the colored hair extensions
      * When did you order? May 2011
      *How easy was it to order? Very easy, just by adding the items to the cart and checking out by Paypal
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes - it was by paypal, very straight forward
      Horrible. The worst ordeal Ive ever went through. I felt like it was a game when I wanted to get a reply, and I wasnt the type that emails sellers alot. I remember placing an order and getting no confirmation - waited a 4 days to get one and then emailing Usagihime to make sure that my order is confirmed. I got a reply a week later that she would be shipping. I then email her 10 days later and nothing. I PM her here, nothing. I get a suggestion to contact her through FB - I got some redundant reply that doesnt answer any of my questions and I reply back. Many users are posting on her Facebook and she ignores them, I got two PM on FB by other customers saying the same thing. No answer for 2 months though she continues updating her facebook about a concert and taking pictures of her dolls. I decide to open a dispute on paypal, which she ignores and I got my money back through Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? I ordered May 7th and recieved the items on July 13. The wigs were advertised as in stock.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, amazing quality.
      Some styling was definitely needed to get the same look, its expected. They are beautiful, nonetheless - also packaging looks fabulous, definitely not your common wig maker.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No. The wigs were amazing, though some wigs she sent me were not the 9-10 size Ive ordered. 1 was 6-7" or perhaps 7-8", and the other two were 8-9".
      After 2+ months of waiting, I was just plain angry. I didnt want to deal with the company anymore so I just ignored and gave them away as gifts. I gave back the money in full when I received the package.
      * Would you order from this company again? Nope, never would recommend them to anyone, maybe they have improved now, but after going through that ordeal, I dont want to take my chances again.
      Second hand, definitely, but never directly through them.

www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?445569

5. * What did you order? One 7-8 wig- the REALLY long one.
      * When did you order? February 2012
      *How easy was it to order? Really easy. Just the standard "add to cart" --> "check out" procedure.
      * How easy was it to pay? Also easy. The shipping options confused me for a moment, but I figured it out.
      * How was the communication? Really good :) She sent me an e-mail to confirm the order, and not one, but TWO e-mails to let me know when it shipped. My questions were answered with in two or three days.
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? It shipped about two weeks after I ordered it, and arrived about two weeks after that.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, absolutely. Considering the length of the wig, I think it was a very good price, and the quality is amazing.
      Yes. Since it's a straight wig, I didn't even need to style it.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes I would...However, it would have to be something I didn't need in a rush.
      Yes, since they're very good quality to begin with, second-hand would probably help save time/money on shipping.

6. * What did you order? 1 silver gray 7-8 size wig
      * When did you order? March 27 2012

*How easy was it to order? it is hard, the site always stop even though my internet line is verizon. the wigs keep saying out of stock when you click it. she should have removed them.
      * How easy was it to pay? easy, paypal
      * How was the communication? worst i ever had.

* How long did it take to ship/arrive? July 21
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? She gave me a free hair brush and a wig.
      * Would you order from this company again? probably
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? it defends

7. what did you order?
      A pair of 9.5" wigs.
      when did you order?
      June 15th
      how easy was it to order?
      Pretty easy; I used paypal.
      how was the communication?
      Very slow...but she did answer my questions eventually.
      how long did it take to ship/arrive?
      About a month. The package was initially returned by the HK postal service.
      was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.
      did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, but even prettier in person!
      were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so!
      if you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Usagihime was kind enough to upgrade the shipping for free and send my order again.
      would you order from this company again?
      Certainly.
      would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

8. what did you order?
      A pair of 8.9"

when did you order?
      09/03/2012

how easy was it to order?
      Paypal

how was the communication?
      Very Good.

how long did it take to ship/arrive?
      About one week.

was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Not quite...They're not bad quality but not good that I expected.

did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Again...not quite.

were you satisfied with the product?
      Not quite.

if you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

would you order from this company again?
      Maybe not.

would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Maybe not.

9. * What did you order? A custom wig
      * When did you order? Paid early March
      *How easy was it to order? Easy, talked it over with usagihime fore what I wanted
      * How easy was it to pay? There was a slight problem with the website, but usagihime sorted it out quickly.
      * How was the communication? Decent
      * How long did it take to ship/arrive? Shipped Oct 16, arrived Oct 27.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is good and she made what I wanted.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? not applicable since it was a custom order.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? The product, yes. The wait time not so much... The wig took way over the 45-60 days mentioned on the website and I was starting to want a refund, but usagihime finished the wig and sent it.
      * Would you order from this company again? Not for anything I need quickly.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes. The quality is good.