1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Company Feedback (2010)

Sep 27, 2010

1. VICTORIAN WINTER

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order? A pair of 8 MM glass eyes, not the ones handmade by VW though.
      * When did you order? Sep. 19, 2010 Received Sep. 27, 2010
      * How was the communication? Excellent, VW sent me a message once my item shipped and is always quick to respond to questions.
      * How easy was it to pay? PayPal shopping cart system, very easy; it also tells you exact shipping right away, always a plus!
      * How long did it take to ship? A day or two, not long at all.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I'd say the quality was better, and excellent value.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but I didn't realize how tiny 8mm was until I held them.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? I plan to once I have more $$
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I'd prefer to buy them new from VW herself, but I know the quality would hold up if someone were to purchase secondhand.

Thank you Victorian Winter :)

3. * What did you order? Odette
      * When did you order? July 10, 2010 and got her on July 29th 2010
      * How was the communication? she is always there when you need her!
      * How easy was it to pay? I'll say
      * How long did it take to ship? not at all
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think so
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? only better when you get to hold one
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very much
      * Would you order from this company again? I plan to
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? that depends upon the condition of the doll

4. * What did you order? Odette, full set
      * When did you order? July 1, 2010 "Opening Day"
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I did not know I could layaway so just did a Paypal with C/C. She sent receipts. No problems.
      * How long did it take to ship? Arrived 8/21. Much faster than it could have. VW stated it would be about a month, but frankly, I did not believe it. I've ordered dolls before and knew it would take longer. Once shipped she arrived practically overnight from Vegas. Her wings must have been tired. LOL
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Uber quality. This doll is very well made. I'm a bit timid with my dolls but VW has done "stress tests" and I found that her remarks were accurate. Odette has had some "rough" handling by non-BJD people and stood the test.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Much better than the pictures.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oh yes!
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

5. * What did you order?
      A light skin Odette with blushing and the outfit, plus two additional pairs of Victorian Winter's resin eyes (green and pink.)

* When did you order?
      October 15th.

* How was the communication?
      Couldn't ask for better communication! VW is not only ever present on her own forum, DoA, and email, but updates her website with customer orders and their progress so that if all communication is halted you still roughly know how far along your doll is!

* How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal, easiest way :) I especially liked that there was a straight shipping fee instead of having to go through the checkout process before you learn how much shipping is going to cost. That is so handy when you're trying to adjust/estimate your budget when you're doll shopping! Then when I added additional items like extra eyes and the outfit she sent a very straightforward update bill to my order. The attentiveness of VW herself added to the ease of me parting with my money! :D

* How long did it take to ship?
      About a month and a half from when I placed the order. I made it complicated by adding the outfit at the last minute, haha! Otherwise it probably would have been quicker!

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Perfectly priced! She is more costly than a standard MSD from say, Luts, but the quality and uniqueness of this artist doll adds countless value. The faceup and blushing cost was very affordable in my opinion.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      WAY better. Her features are far more elegant and dainty in real life, her details are just fantastic I couldn't stop staring at her neck and shoulders--her collarbones are beautiful! Her bust, stomach, and little butt are SO cute, she even has little dimples in her lower back! Also, the two resin eyes I ordered are lovely, they add a lot of depth and color to my girl's face. I am using them for other dolls at the moment as well. They are very strong, bright, clear, and colorful!

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I couldn't be happier. I have been waiting for this doll for a while (not because of production time, I had some personal issues that prevented me from ordering her for quite some months! I'm so glad I had the chance to order her in light skin before VW stopped making her in that tone.) I also love the eyes I was able to order, they are a really striking addition to my massive collection of pupiless green eyes (for my blood elf doll.) Also, the blushing on her was perfect, exactly what I was hoping for! She even has bright and shiny blushed and glossed wings!

N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      I'm SURE I will.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Only if the items were no longer available directly through the company. I would have faith that these sturdy gorgeous dolls would do well even after having seen fairly rough use from any number of owners, but I would MUCH RATHER buy directly from Victorian Winter due to the personal attention she gives each order for every individual. I seriously doubt someone could sell an Odette for enough of a discount to make me forgo the pleasure of ordering directly from Victorianwinter.com.

6. I didn't see a 2011 thread, so I figured I'd add mine here :)

* What did you order? Faery hands & Feet
      * When did you order? January 10, 2011
      * How was the communication? Totally excellent! She always responded super fast, and was really pleasant to deal with.
      * How easy was it to pay? Super easy - paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? About 3 months, but I was aware she needed to make new molds & told her to take her time...
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! They are wonderfully sculpted and the resin is really nice.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! Very satisfied.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes! I hope she makes more faery parts.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.