1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks after event

May 18, 2005

1. Okay, pardon my ignorance here, but how does this work?

On the Japanese site they asked people to register (on the website) before hand so that the server wouldn't come crashing down the day of the Dollpa After Event, which led me to believe that there would be sales of some sort through the web.

Looking at the post on the English site, all I see are a date and time. No mention of location or more importantly, web sales. It's this Saturday... where's the info? Did I miss something? I'm confused! *_*

2. Like we suspected they are not offering SuperDollfie Boy "Ushiwakamaru".

:x thats the one I want!

3. [/quote]

The international after event takes place online, during the times stated. I guess they figure we're all registered already.

It looks like it's first come first serve again.. *_*

4. darn...wonder if we will hear from D&H ?????
      dont want to end up with duplicates..what to do?

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Volks just move on to the next in line if you don't want the doll/item? Or is that only when they do it by lottery?

6. Yeah..it looks like they won't have a loterry this time.

7. We could only wish for that, I think. I doubt Volks has that many items allotted to the after event, and judging from past Dolpas, I doubt Frank will be getting that much either.

8. Any idea what time/day it will start in California?

9. If we're going by the times posted, it starts 9pm ET Friday night.

10. so not to sound stupid but what time is that in North carolina? I really just want the clothes.

11. Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your email.

Details of online Dolls Party 13 After Event will be announced on 20th May (Japan time)
      so please stay tuned.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,
      Volks Web Site Service Center
      VOLKS INC.
      311 Tsuchiya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
      600-8936 Japan
      Email; [email protected]
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx

12. Does this mean that they're making an announcement at that time and that the online event happens later? *_*

I need to know since I'm going to be at a Dear Friends concert on Friday, and I'm in the process of jumping through flaming hoops to get someone to place an order since I won't be near my computer until Saturday!

What has Volks got against advance notice!? :cry:

Anyone remember how the online Dollpa 12 After Event worked? (Was it the same day as the brick & mortar After Event?)

13. :( Well if you live in the States like I do, then they are 1 full day ahead of so since today is Thursday here it is actually Friday there, and when Friday happens in the States it is really Saturday there. So if you want anything from them stay by a computer on Friday night at around 9:30-10:00 p.m. EST(eastern standard time). Everyone that lives in Europe will get first dibs on dolls and clothes too, so by the time people like me in the States can order, everything is GONE like the wind :crushed

14. Beats me, I'm wondering the same thing...I asked if/when there would be an international online after event and this is what they sent me (which was very, very prompt by the way). Anyhow, now that I think of it it really doesn't matter to me because if I get him this weekend I won't be able to eat for 2 weeks lol. So I can just hope that the After Event in general (as in both) puts a lot of reasonably priced Rengemarus on the market in a month or 2 :0 (Or at least in another 2 weeks...>>;)
      But I'm not TOO worried about that since the Rengemarus on the market aren't TOO overpriced as it is, so hopfully the ones on eBay (if any) or Y!A Japan will be reasonable...

15. DP12 had a lottery system... the last time Volks used the online deal was DP11. They had posted the info about earlier, saying that sales started at... I think it was 10am? Japan time, and had all the dolls listed, and when the time came an 'order now' button popped up. We were all sitting there refreshing, and we sort of somewhat killed the site - some people weren't able to use it at all. The dolls (except Yuni) went in minutes, perhaps even seconds for Isao. >_<;

16. The Kyoto Hometown party used the online system too. And killed VOLKS over and over. Must say that I'm not too fond of the lottery system myself, but its way better than the online system.

17. I don't really like their lottery system either but in a way its better than the frustration from crashing their site and trying to log in for nothing.

18. I am wondering .....