1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Volks Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. What did you order? - Casual Pop Mini-Skirt Set for MSDG, SDCG, and MDDG.

When did you order? - 03 February 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? - Directly from Volks

How was the communication? - Communication was good at the start, but I didn't recieve an email to say my items had shipped. I suppose I was supposed to check back to the Volks site to check on order status, but I think an email would be good too!

How easy was it to pay? - Very easy, I used Paypal.

How long did it take to ship? - Three days, but it took another three for the customs letter to arrive. Had I know the tracking number of my parcel and that it was on its way, I would have anticipated the letter and got my parcel faster.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Yes

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, all the pieces were there and they were exactly as depicted.

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

Would you order from this company again? - Most definitely. I was just surprised that Volks didn't email me with the tracking details when I was definitely notified when my doll was on his way. Perhaps Volks only send tracking data by email when the parcel is a doll?

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? - Definitely, I have and I will again. Volks workmanship is wonderful!

3. What did you order?
      Lin YoSD
      When did you order?
      December 2008
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      From Volks USA website
      How was the communication?
      It was pretty good; when I sent a question regrading shipping after I won, they responded within the day.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Paid via debt/credit card, so real easy.
      How long did it take to ship?
      She arrived two months later in early February.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      A heck of a lot better.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so.
      Would you order from this company again?
      Yup
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would.

4. What did you order? - Dollfie Dream II body in NS

When did you order? - 24 February 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? - Directly from Volks

How was the communication? - Communication was good at the start and I recieved a shipping notification.

How easy was it to pay? - Very easy, I used Paypal.

How long did it take to ship? - Not very long, it was in the UK two days after the shipping notification, but it arrived at my house later because of customs fees.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Yes, although it is a little strange handling vinyl after handling resin!

Did the item look like the sales pictures? - Yes, all the pieces were there and they were exactly as depicted.

Were you satisfied with the product? - Yes

Would you order from this company again? - Most definitely.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? - Possibly not because I know vinyl bodies are prone to staining, but I would be happy enough to buy other Volks products second-hand.

5. * What did you order? Volks Pattern Books 1+3
      * When did you order? 13 march 2009
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from the company
      * How was the communication? Very easy
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paid per CC
      * How long did it take to ship? 3 days since it was a weekend, I ordered friday, it shipped on monday and arrived thursday I think.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes very ^^
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? ---
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

6. * What did you order?
      I did a G.O., consisting of an SD Lucky Dip Grab Bag, a SD 10 Year Lanyard, DD Neck Piece, DD Eyes, UV Cut Sealant, String Puller and Elastic.
      * When did you order?
      April 11th, 2009
      Directly through VolksUSA!
      I didn't really communicate... ^^;
      VERY!
      It was shipped out within two days.
      YES!
      Even better.
      Extremely.
      N/A.
      Always.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Of course! <3

7. * What did you order?
      One SD wig grab bag, one Yo-SD/SDC wig grab bag

* When did you order?
      Saturday, April 11th, 2009

From the VolksUSA website.

Good and straightforward. I got a confirmation email after placing the order, and a second email with tracking number when the package shipped.

Very easy, using a CC. A Paypal option would be nice, though.

The box shipped out that Monday via UPS. It took four days to arrive, exactly what was estimated.

Extremely so. The wigs are very well-made, and the grab bags are a bargain price. I also received two pairs of metallic eyes, so it was a really amazing price overall.

Yes, though since they were grab bag wigs most of them are not currently listed on the site. But the old sales photos I was able to track down do look just like the wigs I received.

Very much so!

Absolutely.

Yes. I'd already bought secondhand Volks wigs in the past as well, which is the reason I purchased these.

8. * What did you order?
      The lovely SD-sized wig grab bag!

* When did you order?
      April 15th

I went through the Volks USA website.

Perfect.

Good. I used CC.

It shipped on the 16th and arrived here today. Not bad considering that UPS said it would be delayed until tomorrow, but then it got right on track again.

Very good! I got one of the more rare wigs that will work well with my Limhwa Half-Elf. I'm surprised that I got all the wigs that I wanted and the colours I was looking for. One of them isn't to my liking (yet, I will probably re-style and straighten it a bit), but a blind grab-bag is like that. :)

Yes!

Definitely

Yes. I need to order a bunch of eyes in the near future. I really like how the metallic ones look!

Definitely. The quality of the wigs has always been good. My default Megu's wig is still gorgeous after 7 years.

9. What did you order? Assorted tools and accessories -- ZM UV-cut spray, wig velcro, a restringing hook, faceup covers, and other such small maintenance/customizing odds and ends.

When did you order? 4/22/09

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly online from VolksUSA.com

How was the communication? Excellent, prompt and professional. I received email confirmation promptly after placing my order, and another email notifying me when the order shipped, including package tracking info.

How easy was it to pay? Very easy, paid online via credit card.

How long did it take to ship? The package shipped the day after I placed the order, and I received it six days later -- pretty much what I'd expect for cross-country ground shipping.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, not that looks are really much of a factor for these sorts of functional items. :lol:

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

Would you order from this company again? Definitely.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Well, I still haven't spent enough time up close and personal with Volks dolls, wigs, or clothes to honestly say I've gotten a good feel for the quality myself yet -- but judging by the quality of the supplies they sell and the care with which they were packed, I'm definitely developing a good impression of the company so far! So that's probably a yes.

10. * What did you order? Dollfie Dream body, head, wig, eyes, couple of outfits

*When did you order? Mid April

Volks USA

* How was the communication? Very good

* How easy was it to pay? Easy, used a credit card. Kind of wish they took PayPal.

* How long did it take to ship? About 2 days!

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think so

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? the outfits are better in person, and Volks heads always look better in person.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Indeed!

11. What did you order?
      Ken

When did you order?
      Purchased at the LA store last month

Directly from the company's retail store

The girls there are very nice! I was kind of shy

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy peasy

N/A

He is extremely well made and my first doll (that I had in hand, anyway). I think he was a bit overpriced tho ...

Yeah, looks exactly like the picture on his box ... until I dyed him tan! :D

Yes, I am satisfied

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Doubtful ... Only if its something I really want (none of their other dolls interest me right now) and its in their LA store. The price is fairly prohibitive, and if I am going to wait for shipping anyway, I'll buy a DOD doll. That being said, I buy their clothes, wigs, etc every couple weeks.

Maybe

12. What did you order?
      I ordered Dollfie Wig Mist, Dollfie Water Wax, and TAMIYA X-22 Gloss.

When did you order?
      Sometime in the second week of May, I can't remember the exact date.

I ordered directly from the Volks USA website.

N/A

How easy was it to pay?
      Payment was very understandable and easy.

I think that I placed the order during the weekend, the package was mailed Monday and took about 3 days to be delivered.

Price was very appropriate for what I bought.

Everything looked the same as they did on the site.

I was very satisfied with the wig mist, however I have yet to use the water wax or gloss.

N/A

I will be ordering from Volks again.

I wouldn't but the art/styling supplies second hand but I would buy anything else.

13. * What did you order?
      1 wig and socks
      * When did you order?
      9 days ago
      direct
      n/a
      uber easy
      them putting it in the mail... really fast. Actual Shipping, well lets just say that the stuff I ordered from Korea arrived 4 days before, and they were ordered on the same day.
      yep :) though shipping was a little bit expensive
      yep, though I must say that it is hard to tell the true color of the wig from just the color on the edge of the picture
      yep :) and the Volks card is much sturdier than I thought it would be.
      n/a
      absolutely!!!! (I wouldn't try to order right before I leave, but still)
      Yes! I already have.

14. * What did you order? YoSD Remi
      * When did you order? 6/15
      A bit troublsome at first but that was my bad. The shipping notice went into my spam folder for some reason so I had no idea she was on her way. So check your junk mail!
      * How easy was it to pay? I paid by paypal, so it was simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 24 hours.
      Yes. She is delightful and her faceup is flawless.
      I think she looks better in person but the wig left a lot to be desired IMO...
      Yes!
      Probably.
      Yep!

15. *What did you order?

MSD FCS F19

*When did you order?

End of March, I believe.

Tenshi No Sato

*How was the communication?

Satisfactory considering the language barrier.

*How easy was it to pay?

Cash - easy and simple.

*How long did it take to ship?

About two months (the first time).

*Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

No. I returned the first doll for a new face-up. The second doll needed to be retouched. The doll will be seen on July 20th in person at Tenshi No Sato. ~SEE FINAL RESULT BELOW~

*Did the item look like the sales pictures?

There were no for sale pictures to reference.

*Were you satisfied with the product?

No. And have not yet been satisfied. I may need to pay for a new face-up since I prefer more coating than the company put on despite the fact that the initial complaint was about a shiny face.

They were a bit defensive, to be honest, but I was also a bit aggressive. At the same time, though, I think they are a bit full of themselves and think their dolls are better than they are at times. The doll is certainly nice, but not what I would consider "great" compared to my first FCS from them.

The first version of the doll I purchased arrived with a very shiny face. I sent it back the next day. I received the redone doll two weeks later. There was still a shine despite the fact I repeatedly requested "no shine". At this point I thought the resin was compromised but it was an issue of coating. I wish they had told me that. I could have requested more the first time I sent the doll back.

I have not yet seen the newest doll (and the last free of charge ammendment to the face-up) which will be viewed on July 20th. They are adding coating to the nose and upper lip. If I am not happy with this doll I will need to pay for a new face-up.

*Would you order from this company again?

Probably not a doll. I'm now branching out to other companies which are cheaper. I can't justify a cost for a new FCS when the doll isn't customized to my specifications. When I say "no shine" I mean "no shine". Yes, I am fussy, but for $600 for an MSD what do you expect? This is twice the going rate of a standard MSD from other companies. If I'm not satisfied, frankly they should be taking the doll back and refunding me my money or at the very least redoing the entire face-up and applying a more substantial coating base.

*Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

It would depend on various factors.

Final Result:

The doll was kept by Volks for one month to add coating to a specified area. At Volks, under their lighting, the shine wasn't visible, however, it was visible in my home so I left detailed instructions on where to leave the coating. Upon receiving the doll, the staff were very nice and I think the foreign staff at Sato is a pleasure. But, I knew upon getting the doll home that they didn't touch the doll or add the coating ~in my opinion~. They may disagree, but I know what I see. I see the exact same doll with no additional coating despite promises to add some.

Would I buy Volks again? I don't think so. Never say never, is the saying, so I can't rule it out 100% longer term, but definitely not in the short-term. My current wishlist of five dolls doesn't have a Volks doll on it.

16. * What did you order?
      One 1/3 Head (HDD-03/Eyeholes Opened) and one pair of 22mm eyes (Animetic Eyes/I Type).

* When did you order?
      June 15, 2009.

Directly from the company.

Excellent! They replied to every e-mail within 24 hours.

Very simple and straight-forward.

It shipped the same day and I received it exactly one week after!

Yes, absolutely.

Even better in person!

Overall, yes. There's a very tiny brown speck on the face beside the nose, but it's not too noticeable and hardly something to complain about.

I did not feel the need to contact them regarding the speck, so there was no problem to solve.

Definitely.

Probably not. If the face I purchased directly from the company had a minor flaw, I could only imagine what a second-hand product would look like. I feel more confident and comfortable buying directly from the company itself.

I hope this helped a little! Happy purchasing. :)

17. * What did you order?--> dress for yo-sd
      * When did you order?--> 3 weeks ago
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?--> direct from company
      * How was the communication?--> no communication (not necessary)
      * How easy was it to pay?--> very easy! After the buy,I came direct to the paypal page
      * How long did it take to ship?--> 1 week
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?--> Hmm. It was expensive but worth it ;)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?--> Yup
      * Were you satisfied with the product?--> Yes :)
      * Would you order from this company again?--> no,because of custom fees (not Volks fault)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?--> Yes,sure.

It would be nice if Volks will ship outfits in a bubble enveloppe. It came in a box,shipping is really expensive then and not needful.

18. What did you order?
      I ordered an FCS SD13 F-16 boy.

When did you order?
      April 29th.

I ordered directly from Volks through a proxy.

N/A

How easy was it to pay?
      Payment was very understandable and easy.

2 months.

Price was very appropriate for what I bought.

He looks the way I wanted him to.

I am supremely satisfied with him.

N/A

I will be ordering from Volks again.

I would totally buy another Dollfie second-hand.

19. What did you order? LPB Punkish Skully Set for MSD Boys

When did you order? June 26

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Volks International website

How was the communication? Great. Whatever questions I had they answered in a reasonable time frame (0-2 days)

How easy was it to pay? Very easy. Paid with CC not paypal.

How long did it take to ship? 4 business days (Received item on July 2)

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, they always are.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product? Very.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

Would you order from this company again? Of course!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Definitely!!

20. * What did you order? Pastels/gloss/brushes/paints/eyelashes.
      * When did you order? July 07, 06, 09
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Volks USA website
      * How was the communication? Very good! Excellent. I had a credit card situation and they were able to fix it.
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes.
      * How long did it take to ship? 1 day! But then again I live close by to volks usa.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Satisfied, they handled my situation promptly and in a timely fashion.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure, if they are in good condition.