1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Lady Sylvie discussion

Mar 28, 2005

1. Hey,
      I am in shock. I have wanted a Lady Sylvie doll for a few years, she was one of the first SD's that caught my attention. I bid on a Lady Sylvie on ebay earlier this month. I lost the auction, and was disappointed, but I did not want to spend over 1,000. I just got an email from the seller, and apparently the high bidder could not pay for the auction and I got a second chance at it. I have not acctually bought her yet, but I agreed to the price of 900 dollars for her. She comes with her complete outfit plus an extra wig. I think this is a pretty decent price for her, cause when I do see her for auction, which is rare, she is going for well over 1,000 dollars. I am not rich, so this 900 is gonna set me back some, but I am so thrilled to be introduced to one of the first SD's I've ever loved. Yah!
      ~Heather

2. Don't send the money just yet.
      Was it a personal e-mail? Or a verified ebay "Second Chance Offer"
      There have been many reported scams where a person pretending to be the seller will email the second highest bidder with a similar story and take your money and run.
      Please be careful!!
      $900 is hard to believe!

Good luck! I hope itsr eal!
      Sarah

3. It appears to be a legitimate email. It is from aw-confirm at ebay.com. The thing that concerns me is the fact that the message is from someone with a different screen name than the seller. I contacted the seller earlier and she told me she was selling the doll for a friend of her's. Now that I look at things, I'm getting kind of suspicious. The email is from someone with 1 feedback from France and the seller of the item is from Hong Kong. Thanks for your note of concern. I am going to email the name connected with the auction to see if this is legitimate or not. Sigh, I certianly hope it's all good, ah well, sometimes you don't know who to trust.
      ~Heather

4. Well, I emailed the seller about the situation. Now I just have to wait and see what the deal is. I'm not sure how second chance offers work, and if someone other than the seller of the auction can do a second chance offer. It doesn't seem like you could. I hope the person who offered me this deal is the friend that the seller is selling the doll for. If this isn't for real, at least I have my other precious dolls. I haven't paid a dime, I just expressed interest in purshasing the doll from the person who sent me the message plus the name connected with the auction. I am so happy I brought this up here before getting too far into this deal. Thanks for all your help, I will keep you posted.
      ~Heather

5. Be careful! there IS an ebay scam going around that sounds errily simular to this. be on your toes!

6. When all else fails, a dig through Y!J may turn something up.

7. I got an email from the person who sent the second chance offer. She said that other people who bid were not serious and she hoped that I would be serious. She asked me for my address and said she would forward it to ebay for processing. Then I decided to do some research on ebay about second chance offers and this is what I found: To be sure a Second Chance Offer is legitimate, go to www.ebay.com, and click on My eBay. Then sign in and make sure the Second Chance Offer appears there. eBay will never send a Second Chance Offer email with the subject line "Question from eBay Member." If you receive an email pretending to be a Second Chance Offer with that subject line, please report it to eBay. You can report this type of email from the Misuse of the Contact an eBay Member Feature page.
      Sadly, the second chance offer I got was exactly that, it had the subject of 'question from ebay member' So, I am very suspicious. I don't know if this person is a fraud or if they just don't know how to go through ebay legitimately. I emailed them back telling them I would not go through with the deal unless they followed ebay guidlines. I have never had anyone try to fraud me before, so this is disheartening, but I know it's not the first or last time this will happen. Be careful people! If this happens to be a legitimate offer, I'll let you know, but for now I am pretty pessimistic about all this.
      ~Heather

8. Don't feel bad about it, look at it as a good thing that you were more vigilant than you would have been otherwise. Hopefully this eBay seller is on the up and up, but if not, you just saved yourself a $900 "life experience" lesson. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find your Sylvie soon. :daisy

9. Okay, this is getting so strange now I almost have to laugh. I just got an email from the 2nd chance offer person in response to the email I sent her about how I was suspisious. Get this, she sent me the Exact same email she did before asking for my address. She didn't acknowledge my email at all! Well, I am seriously mystified by this person. I'll let you know if more info presents itself.
      ~Heather

10. Have you forwarded those emails to eBay? If someone is trying to scam you, it's not enough that you know not to be taken in -- you should warn eBay so they can deal with whoever it is.

Or whatever it is they do with people like that.

11. There really is so much scamming going on posing as eBay... *shudders*

On a positive note: hurrah for DOA, where we can all get advise from our peers, enabling us to avoid much unpleasantness! :daisy

12. *laugh* I got one of those Western Union scam on ebay emails too.. where the person wanted to buy my item, pay me $700 for it (actual value of $15 :P ) and get me to mail a money order or something for the rest... I just sent him back the exact same email 3 times before he figured it out 'sure I'm up for that, but I only accept paypal not western union' *idiot*

I hope you find your Sylvie soon :) I've been lusting after Kakyu's (sp?) and she's gorgeous :)

13. Well, I reported her to ebay. Things seem too fishy to me to let this slide. Hopefully ebay will deal with her properly. I hold no malice against her, especially if she really is honest and has no idea how to use the ebay system. But all the facts seem to point to fraud. I will find my Sylvie one day. I checked out that Sylvie auction on Y!J, and I want! It's just a hassle to deal with Y!J, I had to do that to get my SDC Kaede. Thank you so much everyone!

14. What dep. service did you use? I've used Celga and I find them to be very reliable and decent. Heh, I use Rinkya to find auctions and Celga to bid. :D

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m12341010
      Very good price on this gal. Very, very good.

EDIT: Duh, IR genius: that link was already posted. Uh, well, there it is again. So there.

15. I used Rinkya. There are just so many fees, it was mind numbing. They have a wonderful way to search through auctions, and they were professional. It is just that it is so much easier to buy things off of eBay for me and not have to deal with a middle man and deputy fees. Of course, Y!J has a much larger selection of BJD stuff than eBay, so there are pros and cons to both.

16. Rinkya has some of the highest fees out there-- go with Crescent Shop or Celga, or if you want the whole real time bidding experience, use SMJ.

17. OHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
      I got the same deal from a "seller" awhile back, and it was a total scam!
      And she was in France, too.
      Mary something....
      Forward the email ASAP to Ebay.
      :o :? :barf
      Michelle

18. I've used SMJ, and they're great to deal with. I also love that 14 day payment window.. hellooo, next credit card billing cycle! :D

Good luck with getting your Sylvie, the sheer amount of scams out there nowadays is becoming disparaging.. ~_~