1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXII

Feb 8, 2018

1. Have you guys seen the gorgeous one-offs Volks has done for this year’s Disney expo? The Ariel is sooooo gorgeous, and I love the way they’ve done Belle’s faceup :D Here's Ariel on a rock, and here's Belle in her ballgown.

I quite like those ice-skates @pleiades , I don't NEED them but they'd be awesome props. Hopefully they won't be too hard to get on the second-hand marketplace, as these clearly aren't intended for a wide distribution.

------------ Added notes ------------

Volks' important links:

Volks International
      Volks USA
      Angelden

DoA Wiki

• DoA databases:
      Volks (A-E)
      Volks (F##-Fz)
      Volks (G-K)
      Volks (L-P)
      Volks (R-Z)

Previous discussion thread:
      * XV
      * XVI
      * XVII
      * XVIII
      * XIX
      * XX
      * XXI

#1 Chobittum, Feb 8, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
    2. Just a quick heads up, Ernest and Theodore are still in stock at Volks International .... :chibi

3. Oh, thanks for the links, @Chobittum ! Oh man, I always have soft spot for Miruku & Ami Ayase... And well, that Ami Ayase as Bell... Ugh... :aeyepop::aeyepop::aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea Not good for my poor heart... :crushed

4. Oh man why can't Ernest be in stock NEXT month? It's our yearly bonus month lol

I really love the faceup on Jun they did for Ariel, and that wig is just perfect. They always knock it out of the park for the Disney collabs.

I can't believe how much this new wig has turned Keith into a smirky boy

[​IMG]

5. @himitsu Volks dolls will yellow but It's not so much a green as a mellow yellow. I just took a comparison shot of my three Volks white skin dolls in natural lighting. Masha is the oldest and compared to Williams, she still looks great. She is on an SD13 body that isn't her original and it did yellow a tad more than the head. When you compare Masha's neck color to Will's you can see the aging more clearly. I am actually looking forward to Will aging a bit because he almost glows white.

[​IMG]

#5 Isenn, Feb 10, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    6. @Isenn wow Masha is Beautiful.
      I finally got around to changing my girls outfit haha :XD:
      [​IMG]

7. I took a bunch of comparison pictures between the new revival 13 body and the SDGr body which I still need to sort through and edit, so I'll just add my findings so far. The body feels like a modified SDGr body. It shares the exact same hands and feet, and aside from the extra length of the legs on the SDGr body, most of which comes from the lower part of the legs, the legs are also pretty much identical and interchangeable. So if you wanted a taller revival body you could take the legs from an SDGr body to make it taller, or do the reverse and take the legs from the revival body and put them on an SDGr body. The biggest difference is in the torso which is thicker width wise from the SDGr body. Anyway with the hands and feet being interchangeable with the SDGr body perhaps this means that one day the revival body will join FCS.

Also, there was a change in the stringing channel position in the hips of the revival body. On the SDGr body the stringing hole in the hip part is closer to the outer thigh, but on the revival body the hole is closer to the inner thigh. I don't know about anyone else but I always have to be careful about my Gr boy wanting to pitch forward at the hips, and unless I have him leaning against something I tend to have to position his legs in a wide stance to keep this from happening, as the position of the stringing hole lines up almost perfectly with the channel for the upper thigh when the legs are closer together.

However, on the revival body I don't have this problem. Because of the position of the stringing hole on the hip part, when the legs are straight the strings sit behind the top thigh part. This does create another problem though. When I try to get him to sit, I have to put a little more effort in to make sure the strings slide into the notched slots at the top of the topmost thigh piece, and don't get stuck behind them preventing him sitting properly.

8. @Isenn I love your beautiful Masha, she looks so deep in thought, delicate and pensive.

@Kim I love the Volks smirk, so many of their sculpts seem to have one when you get them at the right angle. Handsome boy!

@Dollfie-Sarah Is your girl an F05? She is lovely, what a pretty dress :kitty2

I love the look of the revival body, I have found the SD13 body too chunky, and I was put off the SDGR body by the skinny lines, but this might be the perfect midway point. Thank you for your detailed review @Cloudedmind, looking forward to pics when you have time.

I had some doll time as it is my birthday, and a new wig had arrived for my spoiled favourite, Bambi:

[​IMG]Bambi by Flowergirl Fashions, on Flickr

9. @flowergirl she looks timeless very pretty I can imagine her with a British accent

Happy birthday :smallcake

10. What a lovely girl, @Dollfie-Sarah ! Looks like an F-05/old F-08? Still one of my favorite sculpts! Oh, if only Volks USA would release her in online FCS, she's gotten hard to find these days...

Volks resin really seems to age well, both beauty white and normal, doesn't it? My Isao and Tsukasa are both heavily yellowed with age, and yet they still look good.

11. Aww thanks @GreenTeaSlug :) and yes, definitely British, she's a bit 60s retro most of the time

12. @flowergirl Thank you :) and yes she is an F05
      @Ian-KunX I know! I was thinking of getting a second F05 but they are difficult to find

13. @Isenn - I always love your crew, but your Kaelin is just stunning

@flowergirl - Bambi is fantastic. That wig is perfect for a 60s Brit pop look, and it always nice seeing the old FCS sculpts get love

14. @Isenn Thank you so much for posting your picture!!
      They're all gorgeous. <3
      Love your Kaelin!!

15. Oh, man, thank you, @Cloudedmind! That album is really helpful!

16. @Cloudedmind Ohh, I did not need to see that. I'm a sucker for getting dolls that are slightly different. Theodore is looking more and more tempting as a friend for my SDGr boy. But I've not had great luck with Volks limited in the past; I haven't liked the face up when they show up. Plus I kinda like Ernest's barely open eyes though he doesn't line up with any planned characters. (Yet.:lol:)

17. C'mon Volks why show me Ariel knowing full well that I can't out right buy her now?! She is just stunning!

18. Don’t worry - unless you’re at the event where she’s being auctioned off, you won’t have to watch her go by :lol: She’s a one-off, unfortunately.

19. I think the Ariel looks a bit too timid for my tastes, but I'd love the outfits for my Nico.
      Someday I might find something reasonably similar.