Volks Super Dollfie - SD, SD13, SD16, SD17, SDGr, SDGou & FCS - XXX

Jan 7, 2021

1. Well, I did not win "The Lovers" :lol: Someone else really was after the pair, and I didn't want to bid against a mutual doll friend who wanted the guy. But we both ended up losing! I'm sure the winner is totally ecstatic though. I hope to see more photos of them in the future!

I'm completely fascinated with the early auction models and one-offs. I hope to see more in the future. It's wonderful to see how Volks has created so many things and changed over the years!

----------- Notes ----------

Volks' important links:

Volks International
      Volks USA
      Angelden

DoA Wiki

• DoA databases:
      Volks (A-E)
      Volks (F##-Fz)
      Volks (G-K)
      Volks (L-P)
      Volks (R-Z)

Previous discussion thread:
      * XV
      * XVI
      * XVII
      * XVIII
      * XIX
      * XX
      * XXI
      * XXII
      * XXIII
      * XXIV
      * XXV
      * XXVI
      * XXVII
      * XXVIII
      * XXIX

2. I hope whoever won them is on DoA by chance and we get to see then! Have become quite attached to the lovers somehow :lol:

3. Just curious if any other Canadians waiting on FCS from October? Mine shipped but she is stuck at the boarder since Dec 25. I'm not sure if it's because of shipping delays of the holidays or if it's because of the red alert in Canada and they are holding items.

4. I have a feeling it's just too much package to process right now and they may not be processing that fast at the border. I used to have package stuck at the custom for a week before they release it too, so I'd say wait for another week and see if there's movement.

5. Yeah, me too. Really there isn't anything I can do but I was just curious if anyone else was having similar issues now. I know some countries are not allowing parcels to leave their country to go to Canada because of the lockdown. I'm having no issues sending items out. Ah well, just wait it out. Thanks!

6. @Daniel Falls Thanks so much for that link! I've just lost a good while in gazing at all the eye candy! Also, it's so helpful to id the outfit bits and pieces I've had for ages and not know where they came from. Cool!

7. @Alice80 I know right? My friends and I spent like an hour going through the best of the best page last night after Daniel linked it, picking out outfits we really liked. I found a ton that I liked that of course came out during a period that I wasn't paying much attention to Volks! I also found out that a random outfit set I picked up from Mandarake that I thought was dealer made is actually an early (2008) Volks set! It doesn't have any branding in it so I'd just assumed an independent designer made it. This one- It's missing the cravat and stockings but has everything else. Now that I know what it's supposed to look like I can make the missing accessories! I had no idea the blouse was ~supposed~ to be worn untucked too. Surprisingly it doesn't fit the original SD10 body particularly well due to its single piece torso with a heavily arched back? I usually have issues with Volks outfits, especially old ones, being too loose, but this one is too snug. I've yet to test it on my like... idk probably 2nd or 3rd gen SD10 body or my SD10 renewal to see if they're any slimmer.

It is sad that there doesn't seem to be much info for anything released pre-2011/12. Most web links for anything from then on were still active, but there were a lot of outfits from before that I would love to track down, and I haven't even been able to find the names. I was even poking through the old SD tea-nifty blog trying to find old outfit release posts, but they also only went back to about 2011/12 :pout:
      I'll have to compile a list of images and see if anyone here remembers what they were called sometime :XD:

8. Happy New Year everyone!!
      Was looking on Cheerydoll.com. Saw a couple gowns that I liked for my new SD16 Pearl and Garnet. Anyone who had order from them, what is the quality and fit like? Is the fabric nice? Finished off seams, no raw edges etc??? Would love to hear opinions!
      Thanks in advance!!

9. For old outfit photos, MyFigureCollection.net sometimes has some. It's not super intuitive to search, though, so you'll have better luck if you know the name of the outfit. Or you can just search "Volks" and go through a lot of results! ;)

10. I spent way too long compiling lists of old outfits I want :lol: bless you @Daniel Falls for this link! (or curse you if you ask my wallet XD)

[​IMG]
      Also Antonina (Mimi) in a hoodie she stole off my Mom's EID guy

11. I have a partial archive (of an unknown level of completeness) of the old VolksUSA website, immediately prior to their management changeover / site renewal around 2014ish. It has many of the historical outfits the USA branch offered over time, since the old webmasters left all the pages up as the events went by over the years. I know it has some stuff as early as 2007, at least, with the SD hakama sets. Anyone running a cataloging site for clothes or other info and want this stuff? I originally saved it in anticipation that historical record would be hard to find, but I'd rather it be a public resource again than just sitting on my fileserver at home.

12. @Holo's Apple Tree Oh wow, that sounds amazing! As was mentioned previously, the only place I've seen that sort of has a partial catalog of Volks outfits is MyFigureCollection, but since it's all user-submitted data it's not comprehensive. (also the site's redesign a few years ago made it borderline impossible to navigate, which pretty much ceased any archiving I used to do there)
      I think most of what I was interested in were 2008ish Dolpa releases, but I'd love to see all of those if it'd be easy enough to upload a .zip or something somewhere? I have no idea how big your files might be though.

13. Site for the DP44 clothes is up! Will totally try getting one of those long blouse things and probably the pink cardigan.

And then... My discontinued F15 arrived! Shoutout once again to the best doll acquisition wingman @I<3MySD who made my collection of pre FCS heads complete <3

[​IMG]
      She's off for her spa on Monday :lol:

14. @Roterwolkenvogel Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing her restored. I'm sure she's going to look lovely!

I spent a couple of hours cleaning hot glue yesterday but it was totally worth it. Here's Colette with her new pair of Tianba eyes. She's not as doe eyed as she used to be and I'll need some time to get used to it but she's gorgeous nevertheless!

[​IMG]
      Colette
      by Cyamone ✿, on Flickr

15. Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing her after she returns home but even blank she is beautiful. Congrats as well on completing your collection:aheartbea

16. I rearranged the media room a bit in my house, and much of my doll stuff now fits into it, including this hanging basket chair I got at HomeGoods a few months ago. I got lucky in that it seems to be the perfect size for just about everyone, though my SD boys like it the most.

[​IMG]85B5C902-2F6E-4B52-A55A-82649A31303C by the.linea.alba, on Flickr

17. @Pantalaimon Beautiful boys. I wish little Williams will join your collection as well.

18. The sum total of the directories is almost right at 2GB uncompressed, but it admittedly includes extraneous things that were linked from banners or the like on VolksUSA and VolksJP. Some of the old Sumika Times blog might've gotten captured as well. It's going to be a lot of work to manually clean it all up and sort through it, which is why I've been too lazy to do the job in its entirety; I just fish through it all when looking for something specific. I think it'd be way better if it were organized and searchable publicly, somewhere with a more doll-focused interface than MFC (where searches will also return figures, doujin, character goods, and the like).

The earliest stuff I'm seeing, from a quick glance, is dolpa 16 stuff from December 2006.

2008 dolpas would have been #19 and #20 I believe. The limited dolls, limited outfits, and (sometimes) one-offs information are on separate pages, but as an example for you, here is the long list of "regular items" (what would be called Sumika Items today) that VolksUSA offered from Dolls Party 19. I have photos too, but this is just a text only version so it doesn't get excessively long for a forum post:

CHIBI - Little Red Riding Hood Costume Set (Boy) $64.00
      CHIBI - Little Red Riding Hood Costume Set (Girl) $64.00
      CHIBI - Grandma Costume Set $50.00
      CHIBI - Wolf Costume Set $44.00
      LPP - Yo-SD - Baby Pink Marshmallow Smock Set $46.00
      LPP - Yo-SD - Natural Grey Marshmallow Smock Set $46.00
      LPP - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Black Frilled Dress $50.00
      LPP - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Pink Frilled Dress $53.00
      LPB - SD13B - Silver Wolf Kimono Set $55.00
      LPB - SD16G/DD - Black Swan Kimono Set $62.00
      LPB - SD16G - Black and White Flower Dress Set $70.00
      LPB - SD16G/DD - Flower Mermaid Set $69.00
      LPB - SD16B/SD17B - Copper Flower Kimono Set $57.00
      LPB - SD16B/SD17B - Modern Tuxedo Set $86.00
      LP - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Minty Kiss Set $51.00
      LP - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Strawberry Kiss Set $53.00
      LP - SDG/SD13G/SD16G - Spring Long Coat Set $61.00
      LP - SDG/SD13G/DD - Gentle Breeze Sailor Shirt and Skirt Set $42.00
      LP - SD/SD13G/SD16G/DD - Spring Breeze Sailor Shirt and Pants Set $40.00
      LP - SD13B - Black Leather Shirt Set $64.00
      WRC - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Plaid Skirt Concert Set $35.00
      WRC - MSDG/SDCG/MDDG - Black Skirt Concert Set $35.00
      WRC - SDG/SD13G - Night Fantasy Set $42.00
      WRC - SDG/SD13G/SD16G/DD - Night Cocktail Set $40.00
      WRC - MSD/SDC/MDD - Sailor Blouse & Bloomers Set $31.00
      WRC - SDG/SD13G/SD16G - SD Dress Set $33.00
      WRC - SDG/SD13G/SD16G/DD - Pink Inner Set $30.00
      SB-YOSD-027 $42.00
      SB-MSD-099 $46.00
      SB-MSD-100 $53.00
      SB-SD-122 $59.00
      SB-SD13B-078 $35.00
      SB-SD16G-015 $42.00
      SB-SD16G-016 $46.00
      SB-SD16B-017 $53.00
      CHIBI - Basic 3 Items Set (Boy) $15.00
      CHIBI - Basic 3 Items Set (Girl) $15.00
      CHIBI - Basic 2 Items Set (Boy) $13.00
      CHIBI - Basic 2 Items Set (Girl) $15.00
      LPC - SD13B/SDGrB/SD16B/SD17B - Undershirt & Briefs Set $17.00
      LPC - SD13B/SDGrB/SD16B/SD17B - Boxers (Gray) $10.00
      LPC - SD13B/SDGrB/SD16B/SD17B - Socks (White) $10.00
      LPC - SD13B/SDGrB/SD16B/SD17B - Socks (Black) $9.00
      LP - SDG/SD13G - Slip Dress and Panties Set $31.00
      LP - MSDG - Slip Dress and Panties Set $29.00
      Yo-SD Nanny Panda Blanket Sweet Dream Version $37.00
      Yo-SD Fluffy Pouch $36.00
      VS Face Cover Set /Yo-SD/SDC $9.00
      Dollfie Head Cap - S Size (Yo-SD/SDC) $6.00
      Mini Dollfie Dream (MDD) - Bodysuit - White $20.00
      Mini Dollfie Dream (MDD) - Body Stocking - White $20.00
      Super Dollfie 10th Anniversary Strap - Megu Button $7.00
      Super Dollfie 10th Anniversary Strap - Komame Button $7.00
      Button Set - Megu Button Set $4.00
      Button Set - Megu Sweet Dream Button Set $4.00
      Button Set - Komame Button Set $4.00
      Tenshi-no-Hair Brush $9.00

19. @Holo's Apple Tree OMG that is a lot of doll info. Thank you for those item names! Would it be possible to trouble you for the Japanese names of the clothing sets from however many Dolpas you're willing to paste somewhere (pastebin or something, maybe?)? No worries if not, that sounds like a ton of work.

The problem I ran into with the Best of the Best selection was that it didn't list the outfit names, so I couldn't go searching for them even if there wasn't a site attached to them anymore. Anything that had a name attached to it or still had its respective Dolpa/clothing release website up I was able to find and sometimes even dig up owner photos for.