1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what do you think about the NEW Narindoll?

Dec 12, 2007

1. i just bought my "NEW" tanning Narea on November... & is a bit sad to know that Dollfair is selling the "NEW - more flexible NARINDOLL", i think they should let the buyer know that there will be a "NEW" type coming up soon so that i wouldn't feel so sad to pay at the NORMAL price for the old edition..

2. There was actually a whole thread about the new joint that Bimong was working on, as well as some new doll types that he's designing. I believe it was started by Velcrotrainer after her visit to his doll workshop.

Since no one knew when the new joint/body was going to be released, however, it didn't make sense to do an advance announcement before Bimong had finished the project.

-- A :)

3. I came across the same problem when I ordered my doll in October. I asked Catrina when the knee joint would be released, and she said she had no idea, which I believe is the truth. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get one with the knee joint, but my Dre is so gorgeous and perfect I don't regret her at all. I did PM Catrina to find out if she was one of the UV stable dolls. . . I really hope she is.

4. Yeah I don't think anyone is trying to be deceptive, you just can't announce something when you can't be sure when/if it's going to be released.
      I think the new knee joint is cool, but I love my "old" doll just the way she is. Also she is the "old" tanning color and hasn't changed one iota since I got her. I think the UV is interesting but not totally imperative.

5. I ordered my Narae in November too. I'm not too sad about missing out on the new knee, but I would have been happy about the free shipping event... Even more so because the (possible) customs fees are calculated based on the total sum, which includes shipping as well.

But, knowing myself, I so badly wanted a Narae I'm not sure I would have been able to hold off purchasing her even if I had known about the new developments. And I'm so happy that at least mine will come with the UV-protection! :fangirl:

It's necessary for each company to do product development, and there are always going to be people who are left out just by a day or few days of the new stuff, that's just life.

6. I am glad this thread was posted. I think I am in batch 59. I place my order on October 30. Does that mean I qualify for free shipping? The web site was a bit confusing about it. And I am unhappy about not getting the new knee. I really hate to order another one until I see if I like the tanning color and painting by KKY or not. Does anyone know if we will get the free shipping? And if you place another order before Dec 31, do you get the new knee? Thank you!!

7. I am not upset since I got my Narae a while ago. I think Bimong did a wonderful job with the knee joint. I don't think companies can be expected to announce advancements ahead of their release, thus killing their sales. And apparently there was a thread about the knee improvements before the fact (though I guess most of us were not aware of it).

I would actually prefer seeing an elbow joint like that and a better sitting angle. I'd also love optional hands, separately sold face plates and bodies, and a return to the old tan.

Carolyn

8. Hi everyone,
      Actually, I saw the new knee joints only about 2 hours before you guys did. They had been delayed in production for so long, I was almost giving up on them being out this year.

Here are some posts in mid-October about the joint being delayed, here on the Narin-Narae 43 thread. I've been very open about sharing any info I have, when I get it.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2456075&postcount=8965
      October 16, 2007
      Robbin A:
      "
      Hey Dollyholic -- Any updates on this new joint thing?
      I am so curious about this joint modification. Has there been any more news about it or pictures? Any other Narin Creative news?

Thanks!!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dollyholic [​IMG]
      Update--
      The new 40cm joint is complete and tested. It seems they are also making the new joint for 60cm, and that will need a few more revisions before it can pass the casting test.

I hope it will be released sometime next month. Velcrotrainer has seen it, and took pics of it during her visit with Bimong. The jointing will be invisible from the outside. As soon as I get more info, I will post it here.

Everyone's pictures are so fantastic! Each one of these dolls is so unique and precious.
      Catrina"

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2456749&postcount=8969
      Denaliwind:

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RobbinA [​IMG]
      I am so curious about this joint modification. Has there been any more news about it or pictures? Any other Narin Creative news?

Thanks!!

"Not yet! I've been wating for months - visiting the Korean website frequently and nothing yet. Catrina said that they've ran through the tests already and now who knows what prep work needs to be done. I'm not buying another Narindoll until those joints come out! :D"
      (end)

The free shipping cost is being paid by me personally, rather than Narin Creative (Narin Doll). I'm offering it from order 62 through the end of the year as a holiday gesture. Since I already pay the EMS fees for each doll coming from Korea, I hope everyone will enjoy this as an extra year end benefit. I just can't afford to do it longer than I am!

I'm really sorry but I can't refund shipping before this period-- thanks for your understanding.

Catrina

9. I'm excited about the new knee joint, and am looking forward to seeing owner pictures of it. I am a little bit sad about my own poor timing. If I'd waited to order my Narin just a few more weeks, he would have that nifty new joint. On the other hand, he should be here by Christmas, so I can't say that I'm crying too hard. I heard that there would be a new knee joint just a few days after I placed my order :sweat

Still, it's all just a slightly vexing coincidence. I don't feel at all upset with Dollfair or Narindoll. Designs evolve, and that's a good thing. The transition period can be a bit rough, though. Seems like a lot of doll companies are shifting gears for the new year right now. 2008 should be a most excellent year for dolls :D

I can safely say that I'm going to wait until the 1/3 scale version of the new knee joint is out before I order my 60cm Narin, though, now that I know that it's coming (eventually). He's not at the top of my priority list at this moment any way.

10. Can the old style body without the new knee joint be ordered? just curious if both options will be available.

11. Uh-oh, I may be in trouble. I have been wanting a Narae with the butterfly face. The free shipping and new knee joint is very tempting.

12. Pretty sure the answer is no. I think Catrina said that in the News thread or in the Narin/Narae discussion. Anything to do with Narindolls is always such big news it's all over DOA!

13. I wrote Catrina today and she answered me quite promptly. I get the upgrade of free shipping and my doll will be shipped directly from Korea. The new knee joint will be on orders placed after the first of the year. So I need to decide if I want to save on shipping or wait and order after the first of the year for the new knee. I, too, want to get another one, this time the butterfly mouth in pinky white. I ordered tanning in the normal face with KKY painting, I think #41. I am so excited to think she will be here soon! Then maybe I can decide what and when to order.

14. carolyn s, i also love to see dollfair selling optional hands, separately sold face plates and bodies, and a return to the old tan but i guess this is pretty hard to do when there's too many skin colours

15. OMGosh I would totally love to see some optional hands for my Narae! That is the one part of her that I don't find totally perfect. I like the Narin hands better. IMHO old tan is very very much like the new golden beige. So if you loved old tan, golden biege might be a good choice for you.

16. Had you already paid for your order? Which batch were you in? I understood that Catrina just said that she can't refund the orders already in...

17. I think I am in batch #59, which will ship directly from Korea. Catrina said I was upgraded for the free shipping from Korea. I think I had only paid for the domestic shipping from Dollfair to me. I paid the total amount already. I ordered her at the end of October. I hope she makes it here before the end of the year so I can make a quick decision whether to save on shipping or try out the new knee joint. Good grief! I have not even seen one for real and here I am planning on more!

18. I do have the older Tan with her original Open Eyed face so it's good to know that the new Golden Beige is similar to the original tan. But I want the New Tan and joint so I will wait until next year when money comes in.

19. So, if I understand correctly, you've paid for the domestic shipping already, and you have not been refunded for that shipping. So shipping is not free for you either, then? I don't understand the upgrade thing...

I assume, that everyone paid what they paid for their shipping when it was still assumed the dolls would ship from the States, so ofcourse people cannot be charged any extra for the dolls to be shipped out of Korea instead when it was not up to the people who ordered a doll.

I'm just trying to figure out what you meant by saying you got upgraded, if you still paid for the standard shipping inside US... Sorry if I sound a bit confused! *_*

And congratulations for getting your girl! I can fully understand why you'd want a second one even before receiving the first! :)

20. Hello--
      Here is a brief bit of info on the shipping:

1. The holiday order is a tradition I do with Narin Doll in Korea. We hold one order, which they promise will arrive in time for Christmas. Because the casting service gets so backlogged, we have had to send Narin all the addresses (US and Overseas) and they ship the dolls to each person individually. Then they send me a bill for the shipping, so it's my gift to buyers for the holidays. This is the order DollsWest is in. Whether or not the order is upgraded to direct shipping from Korea depends on how long it takes them to complete the order. Like I said though we only do this once a year. It's really stressful to get that many dolls made so quickly. Sometimes Narin staff are working around the clock, and it makes me worry about them.

2. FREE shipping event goes from December 12 -31. I cannot retroactively rebate people for dolls ordered before December 12. I don't think I will do free shipping again in the future, because it's causing too much confusion. A lot of companies do a free shipping offer just for a week or two around the holidays, so I thought it would be easy.

Catrina