1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the matter with Angel Region NT Kai?

Aug 21, 2006

1. -_-;;; This can be deleted if its already a topic somewhere or if this is in the wrong topic.

Okay this is the thing. I noticed to lots of ppl don't keep they Angel Region Natural Tanned Kai's very long. I got my second hand and I loves him to death! He's so...spiffy! ((Seriously when I"m rich i'm gonna make a little home for all the little lost Kais to run too cuz no one wants them!)) O.o Why! Oh and if ya'll don't know what a tanned Kai looks like heres mine.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I just wanna know what is so wonky about him. I have heard tho that this particular doll is hard to bond with..is that why?!

2. I think Kai's are really cute especially the tanned versions ^_^
      If I loved very stylised dolls I so would've bought one >w<

Sabriell

3. ^^ I love my Tan Kai. Sure I do the looking thing but I keep moving him so yeah >.> I think I just might ((after I pay off my newest girl)) I'm gonna mobb all lost kais.

4. I think in general AngelReigon dolls aren't very popular.

5. Yeah I know >.> poor nibbits..

6. I think it's just a case of different people, different tastes. Angelregion has very stylised dolls, and if someone doesn't like that particular style, then it's going to be very difficult to bond.

There are a lot of dolls that I don't understand the under-popularity of; but it's good to know that someone loves them, at least. :)

7. Oh, darling.. I think your Kai's a cutie. I think that your baby would make everyone want one~ ^w^
      Don't worry, at all. I just have weird tastes in bjds, and like everyone else is saying, most other people do too.

8. I think part of it was the default face-up. compared with the prode of jocker? kai at any rate. I like PoJ kai a LOT, and I considered getting a tan kai when they were available but his sculpt reminds me of a really stylized shiwoo and one snarky bastard is enough. XD

9. Snarky says it SO well!

10. the only thing i dont like about AR is their stubby little paws for hands..I cant stand it. They look so unreal..and-well..like a frikkin PAW *_* if it werent for my severe distaste for that...that i cant seem to get over..i'd want an AR..because they really are pretty

11. I ADORE my Kai's facemold and default face-up. Looking at him just makes me wanna melt.

But... those freaking legs... I just wish AR put a little more thought into their joint system. He'd greatly benefit from some locking knee joints or something cause he is a MAJOR pain in the butt to try to stand. That's my only real problem with him.

Well... that and it's hard to find pre-made clothes for them cause they are so much smaller than most male bjds. But hopefully I'll soon be able to sew well enough to make Simon a decent wardrobe. I think the size issue might be a big thing for some people ~ because of the clothes and the looks of him next to their other dolls. Not everybody likes the looks of a couple where the girl is taller!

12. The AR Fair body has a lot of things about it that I can see people not liking. I notice a lot of Fairs get resold, not just Kai. We've got a secondhand Nik here too.

As mentioned, their hands leave a bit to be desired. Though it's easy to separate their fingers and they look super cute afterwards. They've got wonky knees that cause posing problems, and a lot of people who buy them may not realize till they see them in person how small they are. They're really hard to find clothes for because they're so short and slim.

Another thing with NT Kai might be that they were expecting him to be darker. I know I was. I almost resold mine because he was so much ligher than I'd expected, but once I redid his faceup, he fit the character so much better. I just need to not photograph him next to my NS delfs who are almost as dark as he is. T_T

Aside from all that, I love my Kai now and would never dream of selling him, though I don't have any problems seeing why other people have bonding troubles and such.

13. I had a tan Kai here for awhile . . . he didn't leave my hands because he was undesireable or hard to bond with . . . quite the opposite, I had to steal myself and make sure I *didn't* get attatched to him--he's such a very very pretty (and photographic) boy <3

But I had bought him for a friend who was paying me back, so he was never intended to be mine :(

I think everyone's covered the likely reasons for the resales . . . . I just mostly wanted to say I don't think they're hard to bond with . . . we've got a handful of people that managed to pretty much accidently bond with the Kai I've been talking about XD;;;;

But yeah . . . . I think it's most likely the smaller size of the fair line and thus, consequently, lack of produced clothing. Along with the joints. Even with tightened stringing, DraloreShimare still has troubles with Seine (the NT I've been talking about) standing ^^;;; (Goodness knows I could hardly get him to stand at *all*, myself when he was here . . . .)

14. Oh that's horrible! Poor thing...well atleast He wen't too a good home..

Hm... MyTan kai is quite easy to stand...((some what)) maybe it was cuz he was sexond hand?

15. The Ar bodies indeed aren't that impressive, but what I can say is that the my boy came to me strung PERFECTLY. Sitting and standing has never been a problem whereas people have had all sorts of trouble with other companies, and I know my Hound's posing is pathetic compared to my AR LF's.

I remember I wanted a tan kai but couldn't afford him and ended up getting the tan ren. I really don't understand what's up with people and angelregion. It seems like when they realeased their tans that was a really popular moment. And Kais were always kinda sought for. Now it seems like AR popularity has dwindled. They need to be more active and try some doll improvements I think.

16. I notice that too. AR's don't seem that popular at all really. Cept a few head molds in particular. *sigh* oh well. Win some lose some

17. I love NT Kai to death, but I guess I'm another on of those who would perfer to look rather then play with. Personally, the small body, for me, seems too small. He almost seems to have the essance of an MSD, while in the body of an SD if that makes sense. I guess the small hands don't help but I'm not that bothered by it.

I wish I could bond with him, but it seems like he's more of a 'shell' then anything. *points to siggy* So... if anyone was interested in owning an NT Kai... XDDD

I do love to look at them, though, in the gallery or just photostories they photograh really well. Much love for the NT Kai. >D

18. Kai is cute on his own, but his face is very stylised... next to other more realistic dolls, he kind of looks like an alien ^_^; When I was first getting into BJDs I admired his picture on gigglegeek, but when I saw a Kai in person, I was very thrown by it O_O

Cyph

19. Now that I believe. I guess sometimes, if unable to see the actual boy/girl in person it's hard to tell if one will bond or not. He is such a lovely boy, though. And I don't think the oggling of pictures will ever stop with him. He's too pretty to not look at.

I agree with the styalized mold, though. Even if he does look like an alien... he's still kai. Must be like seeing a Nanuri - in pictures and in person tend to be totally different, or so I've heard.

20. I had an NT Kai once...

He is a beautiful beautiful doll.. so lovely and cinnamon coloured... *sigh*

But he's just so small!! I'd only ever seen one angelreigon before i bought him and i didnt get a great look at him so i had no idea just how small and slim and delicate this guy was going to be.
      It was such a shock when he came out of the box!
      I already had bigger boys (Including a volks longleg boy) and NT Kai just looked rediculas against them O_o If he had been my first doll i probably would have kept him... he really was wonderful. T_T

His posing was terrable and he hated standing but i could have put up with all of that if he was just a little closer in size to the guys i already have.

Rachie XX