1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Whispering Grass Chris Sculpt

Mar 14, 2015

1. I am really thrilled about this very realistic masculine man head. They are now selling on Etsy but it will only become a reality if ten people order and so far there are only two so I thought I would start a thread to gain some more interest.
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/222378426/bjd-chris-head?ref=shop_home_feat_4

The outfit he is wearing in the promo pictures is being developed here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...igurd-the-Mighty-Warrior?highlight=Whispering

He is going to be a kick butt Viking type character if and when I get him!

2. I think more people would love this sculpt if the promo pictures were in realistic flesh tones instead of the weird grey and black.:doh:o
      But their Thomas H. sold well from what I can tell.

3. Thanks for drawing our attention to him, he's got real potential for so many characters, including Nordic or Slavic. To 'warm up' to him, I put the photo into Paint and increased the size of the iris. At first I thought the size of the eye openings was too small, but nope, it's the iris that needs to be bigger. Soft glass eyes like Eyeco would undoubtedly work. At least I've got a little time to think about it.

Here's the page where different bodies can be compared :
      http://wgrass.org/index.php?p=dolls&dolls=thomas

4. Thanks for the body comparisons. I think eye size seems to be variable by personal choice. I have dolls that I think look great with 14mm eyes that other people say need 12mm with 11mm size pupils. My own irises seem to take up about a third of my eye width but I prefer a larger iris for dolls. Maybe it is because I love looking into my dogs' big brown eyes and they have much less of the whites showing.
      I think Chris sculpted eye sockets are appropriately sized for his face. I really like his prominent muscular looking chin. It makes him look strong and determined.

5. A new picture of Chris is up on their Etsy site and he is so gorgeous that I just cannot believe still only two have sold. I Will just die if they don't sell enough for this head to get made. Are you kidding me?
      [​IMG]
      I stole his picture from their store.

#5 Therealwalter, Apr 1, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    6. OMG yay! As a very happy owner of multiple WG beauties (including one of those Chris preorders), thank you very much for making this thread to help get the word out! :D :D WG heads are such flawless quality and I'm certain Chris will be no exception, I cannot urge folks enough to bring at least one into their dolly families. There's another promo pic on the artist's Tumblr, too (which is a very good place to watch for updates)! Handsome devil. Can't wait to see him all dressed up in his armor with his new wig on! <33

You guys were wondering about eyes for him...since not everyone has the patience to make the awesome painted eyes these cuties wear in their official portraits, squishy Eyeco could definitely work! IIRC the smallest size Eyeco sells is 10mm, however. Curses! The best fit I've found for my WG heads are the little tiny oval glass eyes like Kemper and such. They will look something like this. :D The low dome and oval shape helps them fit all the way into the corners of the eye openings way better than most 8mm round eyes I've experimented with. :)) Plenty of eBay sellers have oval flatback glass ones like these, they are sometimes marketed for mini-reborns too. :D

For size comparison's sake, my WG Thomases look best with 8mm, but I prefer 10mm for Natalie - more girly, innocent and doe-eyed (somewhat misleading on her part, ehehe). Chris could go either way, depending on how you want him to look! Probably 8mm for realism, but if you want a lot of color in there, maybe 10mm would give him more iris space. :D The eyes in his early grey-headed promo shots were borrowed from the trickster's early collection, so they were a bit small for big brother...but hey, I hear the serial killer look is hot this season. Berserker!Thor, anyone? ;)

7. Haha, I spoke a day too soon, because it looks like I have my wish! More pics of Chris all dolled up in his new clothes and wig are here on the artist's Tumblr. :D So gorgeous! <333

[​IMG]

8. I think I just died and went to heaven. Make that Asgard!

9. Heaven, Asgard...same difference, as far as Jane and my Loki clones are concerned! *_* They'll fake their deaths as often as needed to get their resin claws on Chris, lol - they are all uncontrollably excited by all the new pics. ;) I have a feeling Chris is going to be a very popular boy at his art exhibition this weekend! Good vibes that plenty of other lucky folks fall in love at first sight and decide to preorder him as well! :D

10. Since this outfit is...sort of my fault since I commissioned it :)) I will embarrass poor Chris further by showing his naughty, flirtatious side! :D What a versatile boy he is, ehehe... :D As always, full sized pics are on the artist's Tumblr here!

[​IMG]

11. Bumping this up so more people can see this wonderful sculpt. I simply cannot beleive only three people have ordered him, but the artist is planning to go ahead with production anyway.

12. Hmmm I'm undecided on getting this head! I've got a spare Dollshe 28M body that doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon, and Chris would perfectly fit the bill. Also, that detailed sculpting :D! But I'm not sure I can afford an extra doll right now...

13. I think Chris would look amazing on the 28m body. And he is going to be cast by Dollshe so you know the resin will match.

14. So now the prototype is at the casters(I think) and the production begins. I am thinking what body to get him. I had got a DS 35s for him when they were on sale but now I think it will not be beefy enough so maybe a Dollshe 28m or the new Granado Evol body would work. September sounds far off but actually will be here soon enough the way time flies.

15. Just popping in to say - I bought him! Ordered him just before the pre-order period ended.

September does indeed feel very far away. Therealwalter, I don't think the 35S will suit very well - the 28M or Granada Evol body will probably fit better. Chris is quite a beefy-looking sculpt (just like in real life!)

16. I ended up ordering Dollshe Rey Lewis on 28M body in oriental so that the body can double for Chris because I realized the 35S was going to be too wimpy for him. Very excited about getting him and hope I can do justice to him. I keep admiring Sigurd the mighty.

17. [​IMG]

My Chris head has arrived! Love that profile and the masculine jawline. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to post the picture on the new DoA site, but here he is.

18. Got my Chris head too! Photos to come later. The 28M body suits him very well.

Chris' eyes are a lot smaller than I expected, even with my tiny-eyed crew. Will need to find 8mm eyes for him!

19. [​IMG]

Here is my Arne (rhymes with sauna) temporarily resting on a Popo Doll 70cm Body until a beefier body arrives for him.

20. [​IMG][/IMG]

Just for Halloween fun.