1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wigs for Dream of Doll DoT boys

Feb 13, 2006

1. I thought I'd open this up since a lot of us are getting DOTs (mine's scheduled to arrive late this month ^^). DOT boys have 8.5" heads, but that's sort of an off-size for wigs, isn't it?

For those of you who already have your dolls, how do wigs in diff. sizes from diff. companies fit? Would I be better off taking my chances with a 7/8 wig than a 9/10 or 10/11 wig? Is a wig that big even worth modifying?

So please post your wig reviews. ^^ I'm sure everyone will benefit~

2. I can only parrot what I've heard elsewhere as my boy is terribly deprived of anything but his basic hair. =P

I think I've heard that 7-8 wigs are about the only ones that will fit, any bigger and it just won't work. I guess altering a wig could change that though.

DOTs can actually wear DOC wigs...I know CacauBR took some photos of her Shall Vanilla in her DOCs wigs. =)

3. but isn't Shall's head smaller than the boys'? i've also heard somewhere they don't fit into MSD wigs. o__o well differs from company to company too. =/ i don't want me boy to be deprived of wigs. T_T

Hopelessfangirl: maybe you can take the 9/10" wigs and stick velcro or do a head thong. After ploughing thru my cookies. i've finally found the link! *wipes sweat*

http://www.shineblitzon.com/broken/tutorial/headthongtut/headthong.html

hope it helps! ^^

4. 7/8 fit but are kinda small..8/9 just fit ok!^^

*sob*..I've got a lot of 7/8 wigs here..and they just seem way too small..*sad* they easily slip off since they only cover top of the head.. But masking tape does help..Yes,i don't use velcros since placing masking tape(between the wig the headcap) does a good job holding it in place too. Plus it wont damage your doll..no glue,etc..XD

That's why I'll be ordering 8/9 wigs for my Shall next time..

Headthongs seem ok but they still slip off Shall with a 7/8 wig that I bought from Cancan..^^ sooo.. Masking tape works best for me!

5. haha this is why I shouldn't answer threads that I don't really know much about XD

thanks everyone now I won't make any mistakes when ordering wigs for my boy. =)

6. Now my question becomes.. where the heck do you find 8/9 wigs?

jusagurl: I'll try that headthong idea. As goofy as it looks, it probably works well. ^^ I have a 9/10 wig on the way. I'll let ya'll know how it fits.

7. Well I can tell you that Monique 7/8 wigs totally fit the boys ^^

8. I've found that it really is hit or miss with the head...some 7/8's are just fine (esp strecthy ones)..Some are NOT. also some 8/9 ok otheres too big...

9. i found reeeaally nice looking wigs at dolkot.com and the wigs come in 3 sizes. L, M and S. for Camine's 8.5" head it would be M. but dang. the whole site's in korean and i can't really figure how to make and order. :oops: if you can figure it out we can work something out together. lol

10. monique? er. can i have the website pls? *puppy eyes* thanks!

11. I think it's http://www.monique.com ?

12. I put the site in a web translator and its pretty easy to navigate. ^^ They have so many gorgeous wigs, I'm in awe!

13. I've been ordering wigs from Kemper (http://www.kemperdolls.com) The 7/8s I've ordered for my Shall fit nicely for the most part. One had a very small headcap, but it might fit some other dolls. She also fits, though a bit snuggly, into Kid Delf wigs. They aren't too tight on her, but they aren't exactly loose either.

14. i did that too!! but 3/4 of it is still in korean. oh dear what has gone wrong. :(

desho? i wld so love to order from them but looking at the shipping fee for one wig. o___o

15. I bet you could muster enough interest to organize a group order, if you wanted to go that route (can you just buy one wig?). If you were heading it, I wouldn't mind doing the actual ordering. ^^ I like to help out nice people.

16. woo..thanks for the links!^_^ hmm..now to find more wine wigs..X.X
      hmm..I just wanted to ask, do the size 8/9 wigs easily slip off? or if they look too loose?

17. really? aww thanks! XD i'll put up feelers and see the resposnse. if there are quite a number of ppl then we'll go ahead with it alright? ^^

18. No problem. I'll keep my eyes open for it in the group order section. :3

Also: has anybody tried a 9/10 (SD-sized) wig on their DOT? o.o I'm curious as to how huge it actually is, or if a rubber band or headthong would keep it in place.

19. I don't have a DOT, but I've bought 3 of their wigs for my dolls that wear 8/9 wigs. I love the wigs that the DOD people have. ^^

20. Im just wondering, what different companies carry wigs that will fit? I just ordered my Camine, but Im having a hard time finding the kinds of wigs Im looking for. I find one I like, but it always turns out that it will be too big!I know they wear an 8-9, but Im always falling in love with the 9-10 wigs! Point me in the right direction please!:oops: