1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would a Dollfie Dream body work with a Volks resin head?

Jun 18, 2005

1. hey gang,
      if any of you have this combo could you please let me know? would love to see pics...
      i'm curious whether the skin colour, quality and fit is too different to be matched with a Volks head?
      opinions please :)
      thanks,
      michael

2. Niomi has a SD Nono head on a Dollfie Dreams body, and the only complaints I've heard from her is that everything stains the vinyl.

3. hmmm...that's good to know
      i didn't realize it was made of vinyl
      is it kinda like Barbie material?
      thanks,
      michael

4. In a way it is.... I just got a Dollfie Dream 2 body and it is heavier than I expected it to be and the poseabilty is GREAT!!! I am blown away by it. The only problem with the Dollfie Dream 2 body is that you have to figure out some way to attach a head since it is not strung, but it has a sort of skelleton in it. (My husband is really good at figuring things out like that! :grin:) If the resin matches it, I will be putting a Soah head on mine.

Hope this helps.

Judy

5. Wigs, clothes, wires, everything stains the soft DD vinyl. DDII is made entirely out of soft vinyl. :(

6. has anyone tried this?

7. Yes, a lot of people have -- one example is even mentioned in this thread, post #2.

Ten years ago, when Volks-compatible resin bodies were both expensive and scarce, it was fairly common to use a DD body under a resin head. That was easier to do with the strung DDI body, iirc, but I believe there are some threads in Customization & Maintenance about how to rig up a way to attach the resin head to the newer-model DD bodies.

8. thanks. i was just surprised that not a lot of people had responded to this thread. i am a looking at possibly using a dollfie dream as a body for a sd13 head. but not sure if the resin will match the dollfie dream skin color. i will try and find more about this in the forum. :)