1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy multiple sizes of your favorite mold?

Apr 12, 2014

1. I am curious if anyone else is interested in collecting this way.

For instance, I really like the Fairyland mold of "Chloe". I have the doll in the Minifee size, but I am also thinking about taking that same character and buying her in their Feeple 60 (SD) size.

I do believe they also have her available in a tiny size.

I am not talking about buying the different sizes to be family members, I mean making the EXACT same character in the other heights.

I figure I could enjoy the girl at different ages and/or when bringing her to doll meets, I can decide what one I feel like lugging around.

Does any one else do this? Buy the mold in various sizes? And for what reason do you do this?

Sent from my cell phone using Tapatalk!

2. I think people do

I have all versions of Volks Silver Coin boys

3. I know people do it and actually I would do the same but it's a question about money. Maybe when I have all the Dolls together I would like to have and who are in my background plans, I will think about buying a multiple size of the dolls but not now. ;)

4. It would depend upon how the mold looks at each size. I really like the MSD sized Minifee Mirwen but I don't think she looks quite the same larger. I want the Minifee version of her head, but not the Feeple one. I like my SD Miro Wind a lot, but honestly I'm just not as sure about my mini Wind. It may be the same sculpt, but somehow to me it just seems the scale matters sometimes.

5. I do have a little fee and puki puki pong pong just because pongs are fun. I like other fairyland dolls in different sizes up to Minifee but to me the same faces just do not work in Feeples they look expressionless but just my opinion it is purely personal choice

6. I bet that's the big plan of Fairyland - making one buy their favorite mold over and over again!
      I have Ante in Littlefee (2 actually, plus an event faceplate), Pukifee and Multihead size (and totally getting her in Puki and Minifee) and Cupid in Pukifee and Multihead sizes. Funny thing is I'm kinda scared of blank Ante face.

7. I love the Cupid face and I had a Puki Cupid a few years ago but found the size to be rather small for my tastes. If Fairyland produced Cupid as a LittleFee or MiniFee I would be over the moon, although it depends on how they 'grow up' the sculpt. I think a LittleFee Cupid wouldn't need any changes apart from size/scale, but a MiniFee Cupid would be likely to have other changes to make the sculpt look older and depending on what those changes were I might or might not be interested.

8. Yep, and I've done just that with my Soom Sard. I recently got a Soom Metato (from the Faery Legends line). He's a little winged version of Sard, about the size of a Ken doll. They share a face mold, and its amazing to see the two of them together.

9. If there was a Pukipuki Sugar in Yo-SD and MSD size I would buy them in a second. I actually wrote to fairyland asking them why they didn't release a Pukifee Sugar like they have done with many other Pukipukis and their response was that they will consider it...almost 2 years later and still nothing. >_>

10. I'd love it if all of my dolls were available in smaller versions. I'd move everybody down a size. SD sized dolls are too big to me, but since my MSD sized dolls are children the adults have to be SD.

11. I have this urge with a lot of sculpts that come in multiple sizes, but the only one I've relented with is Volks Megu--I have a Yo, SD10, SD13 on the way, the sleeping mold for SD10, and two SD16s. They're all different characters, but they're so freaking cute, I can't stand it, haha.

If Fairyland offered Shushu in more sizes, I'd probably do the same with her. I have two as it stands, and they're just too presh.

12. It has crossed my mind before to do this with my Shiwoo, as I'd love to have a MNF and particularly a LTF Shiwoo *_* but money wise, it has never been an option, as it wouldn't feel right to get the same character in different sizes when I still want to get some other characters first.

13. Absolutely! I love the FL Ante mold and for her character she'd work best as a littlefee, but I also want her in pukipuki size, so I might just end up with both... Not very many companies offer sculpts in multiple sizes though, but I think it would be so much fun if they did...

14. I have a couple dolls that I wish companies would make in different sizes. I would snap them up in a heartbeat! :)

15. No because my dolls are all vampires and the story begin when adults join in the clan.

16. If money wasnt really an issue. Yes, definitely. ^^

17. I've done this just recently with FL/CP Shiwoo, myself--I have the LTF sized one home already, and the MNF sized one is on his way (hopefully soon?), and both are meant to be the same character at different sizes, as well! Not different ages; the LTF version of him is meant as the same age as the larger one, just in a smaller size. If I did ever decide to try an SD again, I might try to find myself a Shiwoo for that, too, since in the process of trying to shell this character properly, I've totally fallen for that mold!

18. I have. Delf El and Shiwoo, LTF El and Shiwoo. Mike (El) and King (Shiwoo) at different ages. King is not his real name, the LTF Shiwoo is called that. They both have the same shade of eyes, and nearly the same hair color. Mike and Mikey have the same shade of eyes and hair. King's wig is a little bit lighter brown than Wolfgang's.

19. I loved reading everyone's responses! Especially knowing I am not the only one who has thought about doing this, or has actually done it. It would be neat if a lot of the companies made different sizes available of their molds.

I have FL Juri 2008 mold which is in MNF size. They have made a few other of this same mold with different facial expressions, but not with pointed ears. For their 2012 anniversary they did a Feeple 60 sized Juri head that looks very close to the Juri 2008 one, and which it is supposed to be based from. And that one was based off a Juri 2005 mold from Luts their original company! :?

The Juri's are mainly event gift heads it seems, and not all of them look like the Juri 2005/2008/2012.

I have just seen that Luts has a new doll line called Model Delf. They are all male so far and have quite the muscular bodies. It seems that the head molds are based off some of their original dolls they offered, and those were in the SD size range. I will have to go back and check, but I don't believe they offer these molds anymore (?) But now you can get them in 46cm size!

And what about collecting all the same doll heads, but in different skin tones? Like having a doll in tan to show off in summer, and maybe a white skin for winter months and so on. I can see people doing this too, or maybe again just collecting all available versions of the favorite sculpt!

Now I know of Fairyland, Luts, and Soom offering the different sizes, what other companies are doing this?

Now that is interesting: all the same character but NOT at different ages, just sizes! Fairyland sucked me in with their Juri mold and I have a few different versions of it, but not all of them. That one got my attention and wouldn't let go either just like you with Shiwoo :)

20. I think it might be a little different approach from what the "norm" is. :XD: I find that tinies are the easiest size to take to and from events, since I seem to largely only make it to ones at anime conventions, and currently am flying into those (not to mention that I love the LittleFee body, engineering, and sculpts). It's been interesting to work on a more mature look on the tinies so they'll stylistically match their larger counterparts. Only the Shiwoo ended up being the same mold in both sizes; originally he was a Minimee head until that sculpt won me over! Maybe someday a large Shiwoo will find his way here as well, to be yet another size of the same character. (Except then I might need at least one more; maybe a large El to match my tiny one... it's a never ending spiral!)