1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. I think I'd have to pass on purchasing a doll and just spend all $1000 buying some beautiful furniture and clothing. The money would go a lot farther there. :lol:

My biggest problem is that I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for, so I'm not really willing to compromise. With $1000, though, I could easily just get some custom stuff done. I really want a chaise lounge chair with red velvet fabric and antique gold accents. I also want a gorgeous, dark wood closet/trunk where I could store all of my doll's pretty outfits in. If I had any money left over after that, I'd pay someone to turn a couple of my outfit designs into real outfits for my doll. :D

2. @Ipledreamer i just received a Little Sophia who doesn’t fit my crew. I saw an auction for her and got her at half price. She has no place, no story, not even a name. But god do I love her already.

3. Bodies for the dolls I am in the process of reshelling, jointed hands for those two as well, and if there were any left, new shoes all around. $1000 would go a long way toward tying up all the loose ends in my collection, actually.

4. Outfits.
      There are a few pretty pricey outfits I've been eyeing for the gang, and I think that's where I'd use it.

5. I would get an Iple House Isabel in glow special real resin.

6. Buy the Dollshe Philipe for my next doll.

7. I would buy snow miku or regular miku from volks! No question! aaaand that would be all the money gone right there lol.

8. The expensive resin eyes that make me feel guilty buying and like freedom teller clothes

9. Hi! You can also check out Alice's Collections if you havent already. Its the same concept, lots of different companies in one place. I just ordered my first doll through them a few weeks ago. ^.^

10. @lividdarkangel i ordered there too! It doesn’t offer all the doll companies out there, but they’re very helpful as well. Good communication and quick shipping. I hope you love your first!

11. I agree! Their customer service is great. I am already in love with her sculpt, just cant wait to meet her in person >.<

12. I would spend it on hand carved luxury furniture and make a grand diorama. Maybe the Gallery of Mirrors at Versailles! Too ambitious? (yes!)

13. I would put up a WTB for a tan Dark Elf Soo. I would sit so hard on that money until I found her! I could cry, I found and bought my TAN DES!!!!!!!
      Then if I had enough I wound finally get an MSD boy (most likely a Luts An in light tan or a Dikadoll Guang Nian). My collection is such a hen house!

Well... dang..... I established those goals!

So NEW ONES!

I could easily spend nearly $1000 on faceups and bodies (need at least two bodies and four faceups, two of them need color matching). I would also perhaps put up a WTB for an original Elfdoll Catsy as I want one to dye grey.

And, @Pandy , how have you NOT posted in this thread yet??

#33 Tonboko, Feb 15, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    14. I would buy clothes , hands, oscar eyes for my doll.

15. Assuming that the entire $1000 HAS to go to BJDs and related things:

-Dollmore Zaoll Luv in normal skin (I'm actually already saving up for her! Almost there!)
      -Clothes for her (found several things on Etsy I really like)
      -Shoes for her
      -CanCan or Monique wig for her
      -Several pairs of Eyeco eyes for various dolls
      -Probably a big order from Nine9 Style, TTYA or Freedom Teller for several of my dolls

That's probably a thousand already....but if not, then just some random shoes and clothes for my others.

16. I WISH I had $1,000 to spend on dollies! But if I did, I'd buy:
      • Soom Ondiin and Rudy
      • All new faceups for my dolls
      • Eyes. So many eyes.
      • If I had any extra, a new wardrobe for my dolls. :3nodding:

17. I would get a Feeple60 Cygne, and an Iplehouse KID Irene. I can make all the clothes and stuff for them, since that would pretty much take up all the money xD

18. That would just cover the two dolls I have left to buy :D An Impledoll & Iplehouse :D

19. Right now I would go for Iplehouse's FID Bichun is Special Real resin, the Little Monica head and Luts body for a hybrid I have planned, and a Bluefairy Pocket Fairy. If there's any left after that, more shoes for everybody.

20. I'd probably end up either entering into one of three preorders; merry doll round Olathe, Pasha pasha, or another twigling! Merry doll round and pasha pasha are definitely on my watch list for preorders!! And of course I'm dying to pay off my current twigling layaway so my girls can come home ASAP!!