1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. First up, finish off all my layaways:lol: theeeeeeen probably do a massive taobao haul!!!

2. A dollstown 18yo body and a Souldoll Cratos head. He' discontinued now so I guess I'll have top rethink it. lol

3. At this point, I think $1000 could finish my collection, or close to it. So I'd get Resinsoul Lian, a Resinsoul Yi body, a fantasy doll 69cm body, an extra Dollits Rey head, and then I'd watch for a Dollshe 28m body in the secondhand market.

I don't think it would be quite enough, especially after figuring in shipping, but it would get me so much closer to the 'end'. I can't wait to buy them outfits and really nice wigs and eyes. I just can't do it while I'm still missing characters.

4. I would get Luts' MDF tan skin centaur with the works: all the accessories and body blushing, and then eyes and a wig for him with the money left over.

5. Shoes and jeans! Realistic jeans if that makes sense:)))

6. I did some thinking about this and gosh, a thousand dollars really doesn't go that far doll-wise, does it? But here goes:

First, a Y!J spree: the damaged FCS MSD girl that I've had my eye on for months, a cheap Unoa MSD girl body, and a couple pairs of shoes and eyes from the more interesting sellers there.
      Then, marketplace: a L-Bi or smirking Sist, DD3 arms/hands/chest/frame, that Bleu Citron head I want to mod, and a fixer-upper that I've been eyeing.
      And then I'd place a Doll Chateau order and get Alberta after five years of mooning over her ;-; and spend the leftovers on making my new acquisitions beautiful.

7. Hmmm... I'd definitely get Willow her body and braesin. Then if there's anything left, I'd get everyone shoes. :3

8. DF-H qinglang, KANA adrian, SNG dojin and so many clothes for them XD

9. Co with A-body, and a sewing machine. ( ̄▽ ̄) One can always dream

10. I'm in this super weird situation where I don't actually want any more dolls. :o I have some on my wishlist, but they are mostly just "well it is pretty, I'd like to have it" kind of ones, or something that's not available. So I'd probably use most of it to commission clothes and shoes for my crew, and eyes too.

11. New heads and wigs for everyone! And then shoes. If I have anything left, that is.

12. There a ring doll I have been wanting it's $499 but at them moment his name has disappeared from my mind, I've also been wanting a small dragon for $17 the rest would be finally getting clothes together and a nice pair of eyes

13. I'd splurge on my favorite Iplehouse sculpt, Eric! Iplehouse has great sculpts but they're out of my price range, sadly :...(

14. Probably a POPO 68 body and some clothes.

15. A body for one of my floating heads, at least two pairs of SoulInABox eyes, a bunch of maintenance supplies to get the current crew restrung, new S-hooks where needed, and sueded plus whatever else they may need (basically do an entire doll spa day). Maybe if I had enough left over I'd commission a couple outfits?

16. id buy my dollzone boy i want so much and buy all of the pastel things for him since hes my little pastel model <3

17. I sure don’t need anymore dolls, and I did answer this question before, but with 1k to spend on bjds....well, I’d get a couple of my current wish list dolls. A human Fairyland Altis (blank, in normal skin) and a 2D Cream (blank, in normal skin). I think this would just about take over half the thousand, so maybe I could add in face ups, wigs, and some thing for them to wear. It’s nice to dream, right?

18. Ooh I'd buy a MYOU doll yosd Lorina and DouDou. They're the dolls I want to buy next. I would also buy the outfits I have picked out for them since I would have money left over lol.

19. I like to think I'd be responsible and finish up my dolls. I have a few floating heads with specific bodies in mind, and many more of them need new faceups/wigs/eyes/whathaveyou. I do honestly think this would expend the majority of the budget, especially if I commissioned some outfits.

But...

The temptation to buy new dolls with a haul of 1k would be hard to resist!

20. I would search high and low for a tan Celine and iplehouse tania!