1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You're gifted $1000. What do you buy?

Feb 15, 2018

1. I'd get FL MNF Altis with the SE head and a body for said head home along with starting a layaway on DreamRealm Bobi.

2. If it was just doll stuff, I'd buy 2 more Iplehouse JID boys plus a bunch of clothes for them. I have a couple but other than Iplehouse clothing, not much fits them.

3. Commissioned clothes!

4. This one's hard, because on one hand, I could use that $1000 to put down a large downpayment on a Doom Bomi (provided I could find one second hand), or I could buy two more dolls off of my wishlist with a little bit of money left to spare for clothes for the girl.
      If I went with that option, I'd get the EveStudio custom Sphinx Cat doll, and a MerryDollRound Dango in cookie skin, with some pretty little clothes for her.

5. I buy two bodies, haha!

That or 5 face-ups, some urethane eyes, and a truly epic clothes shopping spree.

6. Absolutely Volks-SD17 Williams sleeping ver.! Yet 1000 bulks is still not enough.:pout:

7. Charmdoll Cahill, a Popodoll body for my Luts Wintery 09 and with the remainder: eyes and face-ups. I should probably do the eyes and face-ups first, but new doll!

8. I need like, five 70cm bodies right now...so I'd just buy some bodies until the money runs out. So, 2. Maybe two and a half. Which is still better than none.

9. Hmm. I would definitely finish the layaway I currently have (only one? i'm impressed with myself :sigh), maybe invest in a nice display cabinet for the dolls (hope that counts! :3nodding:), get all the dollies faceups, and then spend the rest on an incredible taobao haul LOL.

*initiate: daydreaming of $1000 for the remainder of my day *_**

10. I would probably spend part of it on a body for my oldest floating head (needs to be a Luts body, I've been procrastinating on saving up for it because I was hoping for a favorable event but if I have free money to spend free money is free money) and the rest on real gold for one of my doll's outfits.

11. I'm currently after iplehouse Tatiana so first it would go to getting her, otherwise I'd purchase more pastel clothing! xD

12. I'd buy better bodies for all my dolls. I think they all have 'placeholder' bodies. With leftovers I'd buy one new head and few hats. Or maybe props.

13. Another SD girl, so the one I have now wouldn't feel lonely
      SHOES - lots of them
      some mohair wigs. All colours.
      More lace for sewing. Like a lot more, because it's expensive and yet so pretty.
      (I wonder how my plans will have changed by let's say a year's time, when I look and re-read this post again lol) :D

14. A sleeping plate for my pukifee ante, the same winking plate, all the hands and a TON of clothes and shoes. All the shoes!

15. I would buy a Resinsoul/BBB SD girl and boy. Lots of shoes. Nice eyes. Some nice clothes because I suck at sewing. Wig making materials. Faceup Materials.

16. I'd pay off my layaway on my Cuartosdoll Hecate and try to find somebody to finish the modding on my Migidoll Owen's body.

17. At first, I'd probably want to get a doll or two. But I would definitely like to have a complete display arrangement/area, so I think that would be my priority. I would invest the money in high quality props, furniture, shelving, and other items within that budget. It would make my collection even more nice to see! :blush

18. Minifee Sirrca, and I wouldn't have to worry about customs!:XD:

19. Modoll Jensen head and an appropriate body, for an OC I would love to shell (hopefully, it won't look like I'm just dressing Dean Winchester as an Old West ranch hand). And a basic wardrobe specifically for him, as most of my current doll clothes are modern.

20. Lots of clothes, shoes, and accessories. Tons of faceups for everyone as well. And doll stands. Lots of nice doll stands!