- Face-up artist(s):
- Company faceup
- Date of acquisition:
- 30th January 2018
- UK Angelesque website
- Reason for choice:
- I loved the soft, dreamy expression as it matches Aika's character perfectly! Her eyes are soft and gentle, and her facial expression is slightly nervous. The clothes that Delia comes with looks exactly like what she would wear in my stories.
- Best Points:
- Sweet expression, and pretty, smooth body.
- Worst Points:
- Her legs seem a bit springy when I move her, maybe she needs re-stringing or sueding? (not sure, she is my first BJD). There was a bit of a misunderstanding over her full-set outfit, as I received completely the wrong clothes, for a smaller doll (but I did get it in the end, and it's lovely!)
40–49cm Dolls Doll Profiles created by elliemorris, Feb 13, 2018
- Head Sculpt:
- Myou Delia
- Normal skin
- 44cm two-part body, small bust
- Blue-grey company chips
- Myou company wig, blonde and curly
- Favourite colours:
- White, pastel pink, sage green, lilac, lavender, pale blue. Any pastels, really.
- Fashion style(s):
- In my story, she wears historical-inspired fashions that she either commissions or makes; she has a strong love for 18th and 19th Century fashions! But she also has a wardrobe of stylish but modest late-1950's-early-1960's clothes, to befit her family and lifestyle. Some people say that she dresses very eccentrically.
- Key fashion accessory:
- Lace. Lace everywhere.
- Name story:
- In my book, she is given a Japanese name (despite being of different ethnicity) due to her father wanting an eclectic, slightly provocative name for the time period and places they live in.
- Character age:
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
All of her life she has lived in France with her wealthy and esteemed family, her father being a popular classical piano musician, and her mother a model. From the outside, their family appears to have everything and be relatively stable members of their small town community. But inside, there is chaos, and Aika retreats further into complete isolation as her mother and father's marriage deteriorates and the eldest of two brothers, Buddy, is disowned.
When things are at breaking point, her father makes a rapid decision to move back to his homeland of America, taking Aika and her two brothers with him.
This kind of change is terrifying for a young lady with undiagnosed Asperger's, and she fully expects the worst as she is forced to settle into a New England town called Jubilee.
Luckily, she is supported by her family's sweet and caring maid, who looks after Aika as though she were her own child. Not only that, but by chance she finds a like-minded soul, another outcast girl by the name of Carrie "Cherry" Knox, somebody who would grow to become her dearest friend, and eventually, her first love.
Aika sees the family maid and housekeeper as her mother-figure, a world away from her real mother, a woman that was always cold and stiff despite being called one of the most beautiful women in France. Regardless of her birth-mother's beauty and ability to persuade the outside world of her innocence and status, a complete breakdown in late-1958 caused her to go from uncaring and artificial, to Aika's worst nightmare... Ultimately, it is the instability of Aika's mother that whisks her away from the new, meaningful life that she has managed to find, and into a fearful and isolated world of hell.
But can she escape the cruelties of her mother and seek peace in a topsy-turvy world that seems to be filled with injustice and danger?
(Her story takes place through a duology series that I have written, and I am very close to her through the times I have spent writing it - it's great to have a physical representation of my beloved character!)
ILICarrieDoll, A Wee Tiefling, eridian and 6 others like this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!