He poses simply but solidly. His only annoying part is his neck, which always wants to snap forward or backward; I believe sueding and/or stringing adjustment will fix this.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- December 2013
- I am the first owner of this doll and I bought it from the company.
- Reason for choice:
- I bought this doll as part of a planned set and had him planned long before availability and purchase. I wanted all the dolls in this set to be from the same company, to ensure consistent aesthetics, but to have variety of body types, facial types, gender, and color within the set.
I wanted at least one tan, white, pink normal, and pale normal doll, an even number of males and females plus at least one unisex, and one of almost each body type that BlueFairy offered (girl, boy, dandy, blossom). I wanted a feminine and masculine boy and girl, as well as different eye/facial types (gentle, serious, dreamy, bright, neutral).
Byrne fulfills the following: tan skin, dandy body, masculine boy, dreamy/sleepy face.
I very specifically wanted the Dandy body and not the taller gentle body that the original LE set was sold with; I thought the Gentle body looked a bit too leggy-tall, and I heard the standing and posing had a lot of problems. I found the same doll on the Dandy body offered as an OOAK through a Facebook-only BlueFairy dealer and snapped him up.
- Best Points:
- He fits both 6-7in and 7-8in wigs, but 6-7in seems to fit him the most snugly.
- Worst Points:
- His eyes are so narrow, it's hard to get any light into them and to have the eyes actually show through almost at all.
I also found that because of the nature of his sleepy eyes, it's easy to scratch delicate urethanes when placing and adjusting them inside his eyewell.
I MOST HATE the fact that his face is paler than his body.
He is a tiny bit shorter than my TF Blossom Body girl, Dalia, when she's in high heels.
Byrne J. Dallas
- Head Sculpt:
- Baked Skin (tan)
- Tiny Fairy Dandy Body (Classic)
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!