The doll was sold to me with it disclosed as having a light all over sanding on the normal skin resin parts as part of a spa treatment, to deal with age related yellowing. He's not my first doll, but I think he is hands down the oldest of my crew.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- Jan. 16th, 2015
- Because of the limited nature and age of the doll it's hard to prove legitimacy as he predates authenticity papers. I did purchase him from a reputable Den of Angels member (Banma), and upon inspection have determined that this particular sculpt would be nearly impossible to counterfeit because of the way the grey resin and normal skin resin are joined. Also the doll is over 10 years old and still in amazing shape, which would not be the case for a recast from that time period.
- Reason for choice:
- As soon as I saw Ed, I knew that I needed one, and I waited for almost 10 years for one to pop up on the marketplace. I saw several come and go but could not afford them, back in 2005, but I couldn't let Ed pass me by again.
- Best Points:
- I love the detail on the automail parts. They look very similar to the arm and leg from early into the Full Metal Alchemist manga series, and the automail leg is actually double-jointed, which is a unique feature in so old a doll.
- Worst Points:
- Not a steady stander. The legs are not quite the same length, but I believe that is true for all of the older Bluefairy and Angelregion dolls that shared this body, minus the automail.
- Head Sculpt:
- Normal Skin
- Special Automail "Edward Elric" Tiny Fairy body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!