The doll was sold to me with it disclosed as having a light all over sanding on the normal skin resin parts as part of a spa treatment, to deal with age related yellowing. He's not my first doll, but I think he is hands down the oldest of my crew.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- Jan. 16th, 2015
- Because of the limited nature and age of the doll it's hard to prove legitimacy as he predates authenticity papers. I did purchase him from a reputable Den of Angels member (Banma), and upon inspection have determined that this particular sculpt would be nearly impossible to counterfeit because of the way the grey resin and normal skin resin are joined. Also the doll is over 10 years old and still in amazing shape, which would not be the case for a recast from that time period.
- Reason for choice:
- As soon as I saw Ed, I knew that I needed one, and I waited for almost 10 years for one to pop up on the marketplace. I saw several come and go but could not afford them, back in 2005, but I couldn't let Ed pass me by again.
- Best Points:
- I love the detail on the automail parts. They look very similar to the arm and leg from early into the Full Metal Alchemist manga series, and the automail leg is actually double-jointed, which is a unique feature in so old a doll.
- Worst Points:
- Not a steady stander. The legs are not quite the same length, but I believe that is true for all of the older Bluefairy and Angelregion dolls that shared this body, minus the automail.
It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.Dismiss Notice
Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.Dismiss Notice
- Head Sculpt:
- Normal Skin
- Special Automail "Edward Elric" Tiny Fairy body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!