Raven came to me because he was a sculpt I'd wanted since his release, but as is how I roll, I didn't want his full set or the body he came with by default, so I had intended to just buy his head. Sadly, I had no character for him, so I never did.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Ringdoll and me
- Body blushing artist(s):
- none yet (will eventually be me)
- Modifications artist(s):
- None yet (will also be me)
- Tattoo artist(s):
- I actually bought a Full set Ringdoll Shen from Ringdoll at Doll-A-Kon, then traded heads with the person who bought the Raven. We both pretty much just wanted the bodies that came with, and the other heads.....so this worked. I got the DS body in a trade. He came with a Husky head I still have. The hands are Ringdoll's new gesture hands I had to have because I drew Nameless (Eric) once with that hand position...
- Reason for choice:
- He has to look like my Joker who is also a Ringdoll head on a Dollshe body.
- Best Points:
- Well as usual I love everything about the Classic Dollshe body, except for the knees which kill me. Non-working knee joints are like death.
- Worst Points:
- Knees. Also he doesn't match at all. Like at all. But I'll fix that eventually.
At Doll-A-Kon 17 my sales booth was across from Ringdoll's so I was forced to sit there and admire him for like, four days straight. I actually ended up buying their full set Shen because seriously look at that full set, but mostly because I wanted the RGM04 body which is what he came on. A friend bought Raven from them as a basic as she wanted the larger body, and we switched heads. So, Raven.
The body was intended for a different doll and I wanted a Dollshe body for him anyway, so after acquiring one off the MP he was mostly good to go.
He came with the Ringdoll faceup, but I removed the eyebrows and redid them to closer match the character he was intended to represent. I also added a little around the eyes, but other than that, he's still got most of the RD blushing and mouth. He's a good mix of both!
Then I did the thing I do now where I glue hair directly onto the doll' head because wigs do nothing but frustrate me.
He's currently on an Oriental Dollshe Classic body and I have to mod the neck a little shorter for him, and then do some creative blushing on the hands and neck to force a better match because right now it's not great. But I refuse to redo that faceup....so that's how it's gotta be.
He's also got Ringdoll hands because after I determined that the Dollshe gesture hands would be way too big for his cute little face, Ringdoll came out with similar ones. WOO! Hands acquired! Now he can do that thing I made him do in my drawing. Which is just 'talk' with a lot of gesturing. --> Untitled
66cm+ Dolls Doll Profiles created by VampireAngel13, Nov 22, 2017
- Ringdoll / Dollshe
- Head Sculpt:
- Ringdoll Raven
- Dollshe Classic (Hound re-release)
SaltedPretzel, CarmieSandiego, Tannochka and 24 others like this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!