I bought her at a meetup in early 2016. I didn't exactly plan to get her, although the Wintery sculpt was one of my grails. (Not to mention this was the exact doll that made me love the sculpt) At that time I was also looking for a doll to shell one of my OCs, who has similar facial features. I set about buying clothes/items to make Wintery into my OC. When I did the faceup, it just seemed very wrong. I couldn't get a feel for my character at all and I was initially discouraged.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Mainframe110 (me)
- Date of acquisition:
- January 17th 2016
- Bought second-hand from a friend who got her directly from Luts.
- Reason for choice:
- I never looked twice at the Kiwi sculpt until they put elf ears on it. My friend got her during the 2012 winter event and made her up so cute. I planned to get a Kiwi for myself but said friend was leaving the hobby and ended up selling her to me.
- Best Points:
- Face. Oh my goodness I love her little teeth! And her unusual elf ears; they're very round and small. Also Luts is a very quality company and they have incredible craftsmanship.
- Worst Points:
- Square peanut joints in the elbows. Looks very unnatural. Also not a fan of the romantic bust; I'll probably get the normal bust seperately one day.
Earlier that year I did a faceup commission on a Luts Kiwi (which is basically Wintery but with human ears) and I was shot down by the owner when I suggested freckles. So I decided to do the faceup I always wanted to do on this sculpt. It turned out better than I expected and I let her become her own character.
- Head Sculpt:
- Wintery 2012
- Luts Kid Delf with Romantic Bust
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!