I bought her at a meetup in early 2016. I didn't exactly plan to get her, although the Wintery sculpt was one of my grails. (Not to mention this was the exact doll that made me love the sculpt) At that time I was also looking for a doll to shell one of my OCs, who has similar facial features. I set about buying clothes/items to make Wintery into my OC. When I did the faceup, it just seemed very wrong. I couldn't get a feel for my character at all and I was initially discouraged.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Mainframe110 (me)
- Date of acquisition:
- January 17th 2016
- Bought second-hand from a friend who got her directly from Luts.
- Reason for choice:
- I never looked twice at the Kiwi sculpt until they put elf ears on it. My friend got her during the 2012 winter event and made her up so cute. I planned to get a Kiwi for myself but said friend was leaving the hobby and ended up selling her to me.
- Best Points:
- Face. Oh my goodness I love her little teeth! And her unusual elf ears; they're very round and small. Also Luts is a very quality company and they have incredible craftsmanship.
- Worst Points:
- The elbow joints are really square, and the knee joints are terrible. Also not a fan of the romantic bust as this is supposed to be a younger character. I always said "I'll get a different body one day" but now she's too yellowed for anything to match.
Earlier that year I did a faceup commission on a Luts Kiwi (which is basically Wintery but with human ears) and I was shot down by the owner when I suggested freckles. So I decided to do the faceup I always wanted to do on this sculpt. It turned out better than I expected and I let her become her own character.
It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.Dismiss Notice
Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.Dismiss Notice
- Head Sculpt:
- Wintery 2012
- Luts Kid Delf girl Romantic Body
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!